Author Topic: Roosevelt Raceway Stats  (Read 15602 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Fuguzzi

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3104
Re: Roosevelt Raceway Stats
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2023, 08:37:06 PM »
Ok I was told a story long ago that I have no direct knowledge if it is true, but perhaps someone knows. Mike LaChance had become the kingpin of YR and RR. At this time a new and talented Rejean D comes along and starts winning a bit. Supposedly Mike had a friendly chat with RD to cool it somewhat and not to get too greedy. Then one night RD won a bunch of races and Mike was pissed. Supposedly Mike found him late in their parking lot and kicked the crap out of RD. That ended that. I heard this story too many times but still wonder if it was true. Personally I always had great respect for Mike’s talent and toughness. Any thoughts?
Well the timeline works. Lachance arrived in 81 and by 83 / 84 he clearly the top driver and in charge. Rejean emerged around 83 and within a year or 2 was really humming along. As for a fight, it's possible i guess and I have to say, having seem them both dressed and undressed, I would have to bet on Lachance in that match up. I have never heard anything like that story personally. I do know this though. During the time you are talking about Rejean Daigneault was clearly in charge of the crew, the"inner circle" drivers fixing the races. The group using Buddy's "bagma"n that was looking to split 30k per night / basically a million a month. Rejean had many minions, satelite barns and friends on the racetrack. All kinds of people on different levels. Interestingly, as hard as it may seem to believe, Lachance really didn't seem to be part of that group.

Meadow Ford

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1063
Re: Roosevelt Raceway Stats
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2023, 08:37:25 PM »
This thread reminds very much of the original "Chicago Barn To Wire". The first forum I ever read and posted on.
There were many triva threads like this one that I enjoyed.
Difference is it was mainly about Chicago racing.
Too many good people ( Donna Lee, Amy Hollar, Terry Hunt,etc) made the mistake of posting under their real names.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

Fuguzzi

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3104
Re: Roosevelt Raceway Stats
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2023, 08:43:31 PM »
ooops

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • darnoldrocks: ADMIN needs to take some responsibility for the good of the site.  No one should wish death or sexual assault on anyone's family.    No need for that. Two guys shouldn't go back and forth, saying nothing new, ruining topics. No one should have more than one ID and account.  That shouldn't be too much to expect or administer. Pretty bare basics.
    Today at 11:58:39 AM
  • Lockedin with Pace: He might be suffering from R2Drew syndrome
    Today at 10:57:54 AM
  • Sweet: Say calm Chihuahua Cock we're trying to figure out what disorder you have that has you stuck on repeat  ngc3
    Today at 10:47:24 AM
  • darnoldrocks: You're an asshole.  ADMIN needs to take some responsibility for the good of the site.  No one should wish death or sexual assault on anyone's family.    No need for that. Two guys shouldn't go back and forth, saying nothing new, ruining topics. No one should have more than one ID and account.  That shouldn't be too much to expect or administer. Pretty bare basics.
    Today at 10:35:56 AM
  • Sweet: Coming from you too, I'm a Plop prince  ngc3
    Today at 10:34:54 AM
  • darnoldrocks: ADMIN needs to take some responsibility for the good of the site.  No one should wish death or sexual assault on anyone's family.    No need for that. Two guys shouldn't go back and forth, saying nothing new, ruining topics. No one should have more than one ID and account.  That shouldn't be too much to expect or administer. Pretty bare basics.
    Today at 10:32:18 AM
  • darnoldrocks: You are who you are Tigger.  SAD fucking excuse for a human.
    Today at 10:31:27 AM
  • G: You talk about a lowlife piece of shit it doesn't get any lower than you
    Today at 10:28:57 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal