Author Topic: just saw this one..goodness from August  (Read 2336 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


SeattleSlew

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 700
Re: just saw this one..goodness from August
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2023, 07:33:00 PM »
During the 1970's I had a horse whom I had bred (not doing that again) and he raced at Buffalo/Batavia/Hinsdale and finally at Freehold, but just wasn't good enough to make a living for a non-trainer owner.  I wanted to find a good home for him and hooked up with the Nassau County police department, as they had a mounted squad and he was physically sound.  They trained him for a few months and on his very first assignment at the Nassau Colosseum he almost threw his rider through the windows when he spooked at being so close to large, raucous crowds. 

Fortunately I was learning how to care for horses and drive with Lou Miller (and his "wife" Joanne) and Lou and Joanne wanted him for their "school" where they had "rescued" many horses.  This horse was GREAT for them because he could both pace and trot with pretty good brushes for a quarter, so many future trainer/drivers learned with his "help."  He lived there well into "old age" and I donated enough to cover his feed for his lifetime. 

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Lockedin with Pace: Get lost "G"
    Today at 03:30:53 PM
  • G: You're a real piece of shit
    Today at 03:20:22 PM
  • G: Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!   ngc3  Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3  shout out  Sound off ! Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!  ngc3 Today at 10:01:24 AM Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3 Today at 09:59:54 AM  Mike/Sweet you criticize racism? You really should be ashamed of yourself
    Today at 03:20:15 PM
  • wiggles44: Calm down Mike.    :)
    Today at 02:45:30 PM
  • Trigger: You want to cancel your plop account - do it yourself - GO to "Profile" (Top of page).  Then bottom left under "Actions" click on "Delete this account" - Simple -  ;D
    Today at 01:22:45 PM
  • Trigger: Pigeons, gay jokes, gay emojis, you said it must be true   ngc3...ouch  ngc3
    Today at 12:33:32 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: :1
    Today at 12:29:10 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: still dreaming of my penis..Oh well. A pillow biter will always be a pillow biter I guess.
    Today at 12:28:54 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal