Author Topic: Great race over in Aussie  (Read 3146 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TimTimTimbo

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1362
Great race over in Aussie
« on: February 02, 2025, 09:17:13 PM »
The two best pacers in Australia are Leap to Fame and Swayzee. They have won over 5 million between them and they both have the same mama


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=922RXCG9BqI

I was rooting for the Kiwis but those two half-brothers are something else. You drive them 3 and 4 wide or how ever you want, and they don't stop


Harness Stats

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1262
Re: Great race over in Aussie
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2025, 09:29:55 PM »
Those 2 have been at the top of down under racing for over two years now.  They have a half brother that races on the East Coast here.  Maximus Red A

Bitter Truth

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2646
Re: Great race over in Aussie
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2025, 11:51:59 AM »
Fun to watch. I question, with the perceived popularity of the sport there, why they can't build a track that scores more than six.

Harness Stats

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1262
Re: Great race over in Aussie
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2025, 12:49:05 PM »
There are tracks that have full front rows.  Menangle for example is a 7/8 and they can go 10 across

Locked in with pace

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1324
Re: Great race over in Aussie
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2025, 03:00:29 PM »
How about the woman talking to the drivers on the track as they turn to the gate and asking them how they are going to race? Should try it here. Something different  and good info

Bitter Truth

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2646
Re: Great race over in Aussie
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2025, 05:10:23 PM »
What did the driver say? 'I just hope we don't end up in a pile since we are going six wide, two deep.' ;D

Meadow Ford

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1069
Re: Great race over in Aussie
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2025, 05:47:31 PM »
I remember reading a few years ago about NZ or AUST building a straight mile track. One side for harness other side for flats. Out in the boonies where land is cheap. A small grandstand, but a large barn area for both harness and flats.
Main focus on simucasting worldwide.
Did anything ever come of that?
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • JT: Thanks brother!! On Wednesday turn 52. My birthday gift.. 4 nights at the breeders crown ;D
    Today at 11:01:00 PM
  • dougie: Same here JT! Looking forward to it!
    Today at 11:00:27 PM
  • Trigger: Happy Birthday JT, wishing you fun, success and health! and these  11.chrz 86z.st  ;D
    Today at 10:58:43 PM
  • JT: Yes 52 on Wednesday
    Today at 09:54:11 PM
  • JT: Dougie, can't wait to meet ya next year my friend  ;D
    Today at 09:53:53 PM
  • dougie: JT, you going to be 52 next week? You're still a kid! I'm coasting toward 70. And I still feel 50.
    Today at 09:41:01 PM
  • JT: And I am man enough to show my face,  Calhoun couldn't even go on a phone call on you tube ngc3
    Today at 09:34:49 PM
  • JT: I won't be able to do that, it's supposed to be a little chilly out ngc3..but I guarantee I look alot better then the old geezers on here ngc3
    Today at 09:32:00 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal