Author Topic: The Stable has a pretty good youngster  (Read 7765 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TimTimTimbo

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1348
The Stable has a pretty good youngster
« on: June 01, 2023, 08:09:30 PM »
Colt by Walner out of a Cantab Hall daughter of Moni Maker. They only paid $47,000 for him and he's going to be a good one.

Qualified at Northfield in 1:58.3 and last quarter in 27 and change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqATf7onFoQ&t=1727s

Starts at 25:00 mark.

His name is Pick Pocket


Senator Blutarsky

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2440
  • Part Human, Part Machine, Better Part Canine
Re: The Stable has a pretty good youngster
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 08:26:34 PM »
Colt by Walner out of a Cantab Hall daughter of Moni Maker. They only paid $47,000 for him and he's going to be a good one.

Qualified at Northfield in 1:58.3 and last quarter in 27 and change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqATf7onFoQ&t=1727s

Starts at 25:00 mark.

His name is Pick Pocket

Horse looks great, thanks, and turning me on to watch the race, I rewound the stretch drive 5 times, came to the conclusion the horse that finished 2nd (#2 Runs The Wind) that cut the mile, had plenty left in the tank too. 

I think LOL!   ;D
It's Official!

SDST2009

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 779
Re: The Stable has a pretty good youngster
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 08:36:39 PM »
Horse looks great, thanks, and turning me on to watch the race, I rewound the stretch drive 5 times, came to the conclusion the horse that finished 2nd (#2 Runs The Wind) that cut the mile, had plenty left in the tank too. 

I think LOL!   ;D

I also thought that was a pretty nice effort for the 2nd place finisher, and as an Ohio-bred, won't have to face the likes of that Walner colt.

Brown jug

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3925
Re: The Stable has a pretty good youngster
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2023, 10:08:53 PM »
 what a horse does on june 1 means very little come october 31
i suspect the fact he cost $47 k was somewhat based on the fact the dam was o/5 despite being bred to muscle hill, chapter 7 and walner
also may not have been the best from a conformation point of view

good luck to them
just saying dont go crowning champions on june 1


 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • JT: Calhoun put up $80 bucks ngc3..one of my pick5's costs more then that ngc3
    September 29, 2026, 11:35:54 PM
  • JT: Well G thinks I'm Mike ngc3..Great minds and such ngc3
    September 29, 2026, 11:33:02 PM
  • JT: I got out and so did my family..in the early 2000's. To much cheating, to many drugs.
    September 29, 2026, 11:32:14 PM
  • darnoldrocks: My family and I.  Now you're starting sound like SCM.
    September 29, 2026, 11:25:12 PM
  • darnoldrocks: Back in the day doesn't count.  Calhoun is putting up his money right now.   How about you?
    September 29, 2026, 11:24:28 PM
  • JT: My family and I owned a lot of horses back in the day.. Facts..ask wiggles screenshots don't lie :P
    September 29, 2026, 11:19:55 PM
  • darnoldrocks: JT's horses + Tiggers horses = zero ownership
    September 29, 2026, 11:17:00 PM
  • darnoldrocks: Oh, I didn't know that.  DUH
    September 29, 2026, 11:15:57 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal