Author Topic: Track "Speed" Ratings  (Read 4085 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SeattleSlew

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 703
Track "Speed" Ratings
« on: September 13, 2023, 07:21:19 AM »
Does anyone know if there are "speed" ratings published for all of the tracks?  They used to have this in the front of the programs at several tracks (and in Sports Eye), to give a "comparative" rating.  Not sure I have seen them lately??  They give you "who's hot and who's not", winning trips, post positions, return % on drivers and trainers etc., but can't find the  "translation" of a mile from Woodbine to Pocono (under equal "conditions")??

Fuguzzi

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3104
Re: Track "Speed" Ratings
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2023, 07:24:35 AM »
I always thought the speed ratings were essentially useless long ago. Maybe some people found them helpful. I respect that.

Locked in with pace

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1324
Re: Track "Speed" Ratings
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2023, 07:54:11 AM »
check with trackmaster. I'm sure they factor this in thierTM ratings

theokodjak26

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1162
Re: Track "Speed" Ratings
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2023, 09:39:17 AM »
I believe speed ratings used to be on the usta site as well as in the programs. Since they are no longer on the usta site and hearing not in the programs either, I will assume this handicapper helper has no longer being offered. I threw this helper out years ago when Pocono Downs had 10K claimers going 1:50

Fuguzzi

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3104
Re: Track "Speed" Ratings
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2023, 11:07:05 AM »
Exactly. I never dreamed the fastest horse on a half mile I would ever be associated with would be 10k claimer and at Monti of all places - 1.53.4

Parked

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2806
Re: Track "Speed" Ratings
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2023, 11:25:18 AM »
The track time ratings are as irrelevant as Gaagoots continual rants about SCM

SwankToliverA

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1397
Re: Track "Speed" Ratings
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2023, 11:48:20 AM »
Batavia Downs still has the Track Speed ratings in the program.
Personally, I find it useful when handicapping horses that are shipped in from other tracks. It gives me an idea of what the horse should go, at the track I'm handicapping/betting.

Jackie Mo

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 144
Re: Track "Speed" Ratings
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2023, 01:39:51 PM »
Does anyone know if there are "speed" ratings published for all of the tracks?  They used to have this in the front of the programs at several tracks (and in Sports Eye), to give a "comparative" rating.  Not sure I have seen them lately??  They give you "who's hot and who's not", winning trips, post positions, return % on drivers and trainers etc., but can't find the  "translation" of a mile from Woodbine to Pocono (under equal "conditions")??

not sure when they removed them from the program--but i dont believe they ever updated them at any point

they probably gave up when the new bikes hit the scene

as a  teenager going to Liberty Bell and Brandywine i would look at them when Canadian shippers showed up

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Trigger: I fucked up the 8th and 10th otherwise it's a string of dd-p5's oh well 8)
    October 10, 2026, 11:53:03 PM
  • JT: tmbz1..you slammed that card
    October 10, 2026, 11:42:23 PM
  • Trigger: ngc3 Hit that tri and dd
    October 10, 2026, 11:30:17 PM
  • Trigger: Mario J Baillargeon last race heavy favorite, drugged up and with a rocket jammed in his ass that pile of shit driver would struggle, from the 9 hole  ngc3  I bet Ratchford with the 1 beats the 9  ;D
    October 10, 2026, 11:13:01 PM
  • Trigger: JMac another biggie, a $33k and a $24k on a night woith nearly $3mil in purses  ngc3 King James, who couldn't find Hoosier yesterday when OOMM needed him the most  ngc3
    October 10, 2026, 10:40:57 PM
  • Trigger: Wherever BJ is bobble is nowhere to be found  ngc3 Canadians are so so so sensitive and sentimental  :-\
    October 10, 2026, 10:33:49 PM
  • JT: I think that wasn't shenanigans..just a piss poor decision  ngc3
    October 10, 2026, 10:33:22 PM
  • JT: Great battle upcoming in the breeders crown. Can't wait to witness it in person tmbz1..bucket list item..check ;D
    October 10, 2026, 10:27:00 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal