Author Topic: Why HISA and Horse Racing Commissions are on the wrong track.  (Read 2174 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bond

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2336
Why HISA and Horse Racing Commissions are on the wrong track.
« on: January 31, 2024, 11:49:29 AM »
JMO--but I have a very good friend who is an Olympic Athlete--and I talked to him recently and he told me he takes ADVIL when training and even before main events when needed. I asked him what about testing--he laughed and said "what?" "They dont worry about stuff like that". Interesting I said because in horse racing you would be in serious trouble---he could not understand that--and me either!! So I looked it up:

"The World Anti-Doping Agency does not prohibit the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) because these agents are not performance enhancing, and their analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects are at best performance enabling. Consequently, athletes have relatively unrestricted access to NSAIDs, which are readily available as over-the-counter drugs. "
 HISA--would ruin your livelihood if you came up positive in a race--and race commissions and the Meadowlands--probably bar you from racing.

Instead of using reasonable levels of NSAIDs before racing--they have gone the other way as seen recently by the many trainers at Meadowlands now doing time for levels of Bute-that were actually LOWERED-to extremely low levels--why I dont understand and neither does anyone else--sounds just like they want to catch people now and make the illusion they are serious about "cheating"--which using a small amout of bute certainly is not.
     imho they need to refocus and just catch the real cheats--like those currently in prison--who just wanted to use PEDs.


old guy

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1217
Re: Why HISA and Horse Racing Commissions are on the wrong track.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 12:00:29 PM »
JMO--but I have a very good friend who is an Olympic Athlete--and I talked to him recently and he told me he takes ADVIL when training and even before main events when needed. I asked him what about testing--he laughed and said "what?" "They dont worry about stuff like that". Interesting I said because in horse racing you would be in serious trouble---he could not understand that--and me either!! So I looked it up:

"The World Anti-Doping Agency does not prohibit the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) because these agents are not performance enhancing, and their analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects are at best performance enabling. Consequently, athletes have relatively unrestricted access to NSAIDs, which are readily available as over-the-counter drugs. "
 HISA--would ruin your livelihood if you came up positive in a race--and race commissions and the Meadowlands--probably bar you from racing.

Instead of using reasonable levels of NSAIDs before racing--they have gone the other way as seen recently by the many trainers at Meadowlands now doing time for levels of Bute-that were actually LOWERED-to extremely low levels--why I dont understand and neither does anyone else--sounds just like they want to catch people now and make the illusion they are serious about "cheating"--which using a small amout of bute certainly is not.
     imho they need to refocus and just catch the real cheats--like those currently in prison--who just wanted to use PEDs.

 tmbz1

Generation XYZ

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3573
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
Re: Why HISA and Horse Racing Commissions are on the wrong track.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2024, 12:02:02 PM »
BOND, I fully agree with your statements here. I would also agree that the responsible use of anti-Inflammatory's aids and prolongs the appropriate career of any athlete, human or equine. However, be both know that some trainer playing vet will overload, or think they know better, and as history has demonstrated we will be back to square one. Personally I think there is a need for HISA, with of course a fair an proper treatment of man and animal.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Sweet: You can't blame Chihuahua Cock completely, Andrew is egging him on and both he and Rainman2 made this shit normal....If it brings Kirby and I into a permanant Détente, it was worth it,  Fuck off completely assholes!  8)
    Today at 04:51:22 PM
  • darnoldrocks: JUST LOOKING FOR ADMIN!!  ADMIN needs to take some responsibility for the good of the site.  No one should wish death or sexual assault on anyone's family.    No need for that. Two guys shouldn't go back and forth, saying nothing new, ruining topics. No one should have more than one ID and account.  That shouldn't be too much to expect or administer. Pretty bare basics.
    Today at 04:46:42 PM
  • Sweet: Hey Chihua Cock, we're not picking up the tab for your Plop PTSD, go spend time with that family you said was dishonored here  ngc3
    Today at 04:29:26 PM
  • darnoldrocks: JUST LOOKING FOR ADMIN!!  ADMIN needs to take some responsibility for the good of the site.  No one should wish death or sexual assault on anyone's family.    No need for that. Two guys shouldn't go back and forth, saying nothing new, ruining topics. No one should have more than one ID and account.  That shouldn't be too much to expect or administer. Pretty bare basics.
    Today at 04:24:25 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Been
    Today at 04:10:47 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: So it has neen written so it shall be done!  ;D
    Today at 04:10:38 PM
  • Sweet: To the RETARD population of PLOP, you know who the fuck you are, having fun, absolutely not, but you're giving those that do a chance to rest in between your boring, foolish, wasteful, repetitive attempts  ngc3  Calhoun has been designated your leader, call him Calhoun, like he calls himself!  ;D
    Today at 03:53:17 PM
  • rainman2: Good luck on finding admin!!
    Today at 03:40:18 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal