Author Topic: Woodbine - Broken Equipment  (Read 3111 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MOHAWK FREAK

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 432
Woodbine - Broken Equipment
« on: April 29, 2024, 10:42:52 PM »
So Saturday night I saw something I never witnessed before.  There was a 1-5 in the race and he won.  The second choice ran second.  They called an inquiry and disqualified the second place finisher for “throwing a shoe” before the race. Really???   I never saw this EVER.   Has anyone seen this elsewhere?

Papillon

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2609
Re: Woodbine - Broken Equipment
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 10:46:42 PM »
So Saturday night I saw something I never witnessed before.  There was a 1-5 in the race and he won.  The second choice ran second.  They called an inquiry and disqualified the second place finisher for “throwing a shoe” before the race. Really???   I never saw this EVER.   Has anyone seen this elsewhere?


They did NOT dq Captain Wania --but he was considered a scratch

I thought it was quite bizarre myself but yes I have seen broken equipment horses get scratched after the race

I believe the connections collect the 2nd place purse money but not 100% sure
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 10:51:15 PM by Papillon »

ferdinand the bull

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1145
Re: Woodbine - Broken Equipment
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2024, 06:20:55 AM »
The disqualification was for wagering purposes only, no different then if there was interference before the start. Purse money awarded as per finish but this protects the betting public

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Kirby's Ace: Repeating same old shit. Day after day. Not working. Maybe go outside get some fresh air. But don't forget to pack your pistol. Bad area as you know
    Today at 12:15:03 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Boring. Are you feeling bad today? Seem off your game.
    Today at 12:13:39 PM
  • Trigger: Up someones ass hmmm, you mean like Calhoun, how's he doing buttplug  ngc3 make my day miserable, no but you try, why is that, you open your fucking mouth get put in your place.  From day one you never learn  ngc3
    Today at 12:10:11 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Even with the typos
    Today at 12:06:22 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: I o ly come here to nake your day as miserable as I can!  ngc3  And it seems to work quite well!
    Today at 12:05:56 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: And what social time is it called when your up Petrelli's ass all day on here
    Today at 12:04:31 PM
  • Trigger: Go fuck enntirely off if all you come here for is to advertise your misery and boredom...another one who blames others for his failed lsocial life  ngc3
    Today at 12:03:13 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: *yawning*
    Today at 12:01:45 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal