Author Topic: What purpose does the Meadowlands have in the structure of racing today?  (Read 5045 times)

JUICEJUNKIES

• Living Legend
  • ↑↑↑Dan Nance, a classic↑↑↑
Absolutely none.
Thr stakes program is a joke.
The track management is worthless and totally absentee.
The overnights are lackluster.

If they closed today nothing in racing would change.

dinkadoo

• Elite
And Gural still worried about Brian Sears.....

quitpullinmychain

• Stakes Horse
all the 5 claimers at Freehold [that are really 4's] that don't get around a half can race there.All the ho-hum drivers can drive there.The purses for these races should be half of what they are.Cheap horses means cheap purses.

zoot

• Stakes Horse
just remember when they opened. sonny werblin, and joe defrank brought us the best of the best from the entire north American racing world. Chicago, Detroit, Windsor, Toronto, montreal, new jersey, new England and new York were all represented. you couldn't get a seat in the club house dining room and every night was like the grand circuit with full fields and the highest purse structure in the game. star studded drivers and horses filled the program every night. my how the mighty have fallen. hard to believe the game could deteriorate that much.

Rabbi Of Racing

well said Zoot

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
THE FORMER MECCA IS NOW A JOKE

Calhoun

• Elite
just remember when they opened. sonny werblin, and joe defrank brought us the best of the best from the entire north American racing world. Chicago, Detroit, Windsor, Toronto, montreal, new jersey, new England and new York were all represented. you couldn't get a seat in the club house dining room and every night was like the grand circuit with full fields and the highest purse structure in the game. star studded drivers and horses filled the program every night. my how the mighty have fallen. hard to believe the game could deteriorate that much.
... and silent movies used to sell out too.

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
... and silent movies used to sell out too.
gun fights in the 1800's used to draw the whole town , now people run from the gun fights

zoot

• Stakes Horse
THE FORMER MECCA IS NOW A JOKE

you seem to think its only the meadowlands. I remember 20-30.000 on fri and sat nights at yonkers and Roosevelt with traffic backed out onto the meadowbrook and Deegan just trying to get into the parking lots. its the whole business.

I can remember ernest morris who owned Saratoga harness. he fought OTB tooth and nail with his feelings that racing was a social event as well as a gambling event. he felt you needed fans to come to the track, to congregate and interact. he was right. i'll add mgmt. could have done more to keep and promote the game. too bad...it used to be fun.

silent one

• Stakes Horse
 The D2 Pig M, AKA the Cal Expo of the east, has no purpose, other than to hurt the sport. The fact that there are no people attending speaks volumes. The only tracks that have actual people show up, are sad to say, Ocean Downs, and Running Aces!?! Jeff Gural has done everything he can to alienate fans of the sport. His hypocrisy knows no bounds. Closure of his cesspool tracks, along with many others, can only help. There is no need for all the tracks, when a very few can card full fields.

Sincerely, Silent One

horses first

• Elite
Balmoral would draw fans on the weekend card and handle usually over a million on those cards. It was out in the middle of nowhere but yet people would show and the owners would have something to promote. Hawthorne however has been there forever and is surrounded by the city of Chicago and nearby suburbs. Yet nobody shows other then the committed horse players that are addicted or have nothing better to do. It's disappointing when the change happened from Johnston to Carey's. Thought new life would breathe into harness racing. It's a broken record but harness racing is truly a dead sport.

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
That low class BigM had 5 races last weekend that went under 1:50
hay and oats?

Hush Limbaugh II

• Elite

Sure, just another
If YOU would "HUSH" up, YOU just might know WhatzzzzZ UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Equus Caballus

• Elite

Like I said

I
Me personally
I wouldn’t want to race there for the lower overnight horses that have to go that fast
You can’t compete

Look at the nw2
Alagna puts one in that goes 47
Yes times were fast but wtf
How can you compete?

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
the horsemen race there to gamble

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
  • Passion: Frederick bourgault
    September 25, 2024, 04:03:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal