Author Topic: They are literally writing Foiled Again races!  (Read 17280 times)

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
Re: They are literally writing Foiled Again races!
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2018, 01:38:33 PM »
2 hole

goblue

• Top Claimer
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2018, 02:39:07 PM »
The best argument in here is that the condition sheet is made to draw a fair race between even horses.  That's exactly what the race secretary is doing, just as she has the right to do.  If you don't like the conditions, don't enter your horse...... There is nothing wrong with this, especially because Foiled Again would clearly be over matched in either of the two races he was on the condition sheet for.  If you look at the race entry for Saturday, Foiled Again is going to be slaughtered by these horses. 

Now if she'd wrote him in for a 2yo trotting NW500 lifetime, then you'd have an argument, since her intentions would clearly not be to make an even race. 

Also, respect to Burke for entering Foiled in the harder of the two conditions he was wrote in for, choosing the NW7500 L5 instead of the NW5000 L5.

goblue

• Top Claimer
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2018, 02:40:38 PM »
Artful Way will likely leave Foiled in the dust

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2018, 03:03:56 PM »
FF...I still own, breed, and wager. I own less because I figured the game was never going to have a level playing field. I do it because I can why do you care about my two sense. If you don't like it just keep scrolling.

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2018, 03:07:14 PM »
Anyone who thinks the race secretary did the right thing is a complete idiot and doesn't understand the current classification system at Saratoga. If they were still using the ABC system then yes, the race secretary to some degree can use his or her discretion to fill a race. However, Saratoga is using the NW classification which was instituted to take the race secretaries rampant bias out of the equation. Maybe Foiled Again gets his doors blown off but that is not the point. The condition is a slap in the face to the horsemen at Saratoga and more than likely there is an owner and trainer who dropped in that race and didn't get in because FA filled one of the spots. I know if I was that particular owner/trainer, that race secretary would hear about it.
And life would go on.  

Let the old fella do his tour.

Be nice if Burke et al donated FAs earnings to an industry charity but he hasn't asked me.

the master

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2018, 04:00:39 PM »
Opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one! My feeling is that there is no logical or plausible reason to further race the horse! Like many of the greats, Rambling Willie, Niatross,etc, parading during a Saturday race card at various venues for publicity reasons would surely be more fitting!

Wizard78

• Open / FFA
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2018, 05:22:18 PM »
tell us the good in our sport

THERE AREN'T THAT MANY TOKEN NIGGERS LIKE THE TEAGRS  IN IT
IS THIS RACIST?

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2018, 05:44:51 PM »
Wiz you are the best

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2018, 07:02:15 PM »
More like a gutless mutt.

Atthetrack7

• Stakes Horse
  • saying the things DZ wishes he had the BALLS too
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2018, 07:54:31 AM »
 Another great reason  to do a double header Saturday, Not only the Gerrity, some great New York Stakes, but to get to see Foiled Again as well. Great job by all those involved, Nice to think out of the box for a change  tmbz1

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2018, 07:55:48 AM »
Another great reason  to do a double header Saturday, Not only the Gerrity, some great New York Stakes, but to get to see Foiled Again as well. Great job by all those involved, Nice to think out of the box for a change  tmbz1
great double header. don't forget the two tracks have a daily double

frederick.frankenstein

« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2018, 08:38:30 AM »
THERE AREN'T THAT MANY TOKEN NIGGERS LIKE THE TEAGRS  IN IT

Why is this allowed? Pigland?  Why don't you "band" [sic] him?

frederick.frankenstein

« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2018, 08:40:28 AM »
Anyone who thinks the race secretary did the right thing is a complete idiot and doesn't understand the current classification system at Saratoga. If they were still using the ABC system then yes, the race secretary to some degree can use his or her discretion to fill a race. However, Saratoga is using the NW classification which was instituted to take the race secretaries rampant bias out of the equation. Maybe Foiled Again gets his doors blown off but that is not the point. The condition is a slap in the face to the horsemen at Saratoga and more than likely there is an owner and trainer who dropped in that race and didn't get in because FA filled one of the spots. I know if I was that particular owner/trainer, that race secretary would hear about it.

He wrote a condition which should yield a competitive race which will also allow Foiled Again to race.  Again you show your lack of class and weakness of your position by trying to prove your point with insults.

frederick.frankenstein

« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2018, 08:42:01 AM »
Opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one! My feeling is that there is no logical or plausible reason to further race the horse! Like many of the greats, Rambling Willie, Niatross,etc, parading during a Saturday race card at various venues for publicity reasons would surely be more fitting!

He is a racehorse, some of us want to see him race. What I hear is the horse does not do well when he is not racing.

Dr. Adam Freeham

• Top Claimer
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2018, 08:51:57 AM »
Don't ask the Jew who runs the Meadowlands to do you any favors. He will screw you any chance he can. He cant face facts he is OLD and unliked  and sinking down the ranking order

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • SwankToliverA: Anyone see Cleveland Big J go down, 12th at Northfield? I was watching and never saw it
    June 24, 2024, 10:28:21 PM
  • Indian24: What about Northville?
    June 19, 2024, 05:16:54 PM
  • justskipit69: northville
    June 18, 2024, 08:07:19 PM
  • Calhoun: Royale Ascot meet Tues-Sat.. 9:30 am first post. Great, great week.
    June 17, 2024, 08:15:39 PM
  • SwankToliverA: What about him?
    June 13, 2024, 12:18:31 AM
  • Loserbob: Rene allard
    June 11, 2024, 08:02:07 PM
  • M P: BREAKING NEWS: Ploptwats are outwardly angry that pictures of horses they trash are posted on Plop...
    June 10, 2024, 10:11:17 PM
  • M P: Breaking News: Members of Horseplop state killing Standardbreds is perfectly fine. Stay tuned for more.
    June 10, 2024, 05:21:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal