Author Topic: Lexington sale  (Read 15340 times)

augustaandy

• Elite
Re: Lexington sale
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2018, 10:32:24 PM »
weak prices tonight but lesser prospects

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2018, 01:58:05 AM »
Wonder what has been driving the last two sessions. There where plenty of yearlings with duel eligibility to KY that should carry some premium. But a lot sold under the 20k range meaning if you where looking for a horse one could have picked from the liter and gotten what they wanted. See what tomorrow brings if the ones held back from OH and IN sales and sold here.

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2018, 04:22:25 PM »
The rosy outlook just a week ago turned bleak this week. Markets in turmoil and margin calls being asked before horse sales purchases a week ago. Harrisburg hoping for a stock market turnaround because day 3, 4, and 5 left a lot to question.

batavia24

• Open / FFA
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2018, 07:58:19 PM »
The big horse buyers usually age 50+ never use margin to become wealthy

augustaandy

• Elite
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2018, 11:52:33 PM »
The rosy outlook just a week ago turned bleak this week. Markets in turmoil and margin calls being asked before horse sales purchases a week ago. Harrisburg hoping for a stock market turnaround because day 3, 4, and 5 left a lot to question.

the last 2 times the VIX volatility index was over 26 (closed 26.89 today) and the percentage of stocks over their 40 day moving average was 11.19, were in late February and early April this year

both times the markets rallied huge right afterwards

watch what happens now

futures up nicely tonight

many of the big banks report early Friday morning

also, a racing friend told me tonight horse prices actually went up this week as people wish to invest in horses as less volatile investments (I kid you not), we'll see if he's right

there's still a while till the sale

augustaandy

• Elite
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2018, 11:53:29 PM »
When some of the broodmares in the sale were going for as much $$$$ as some yearlings, it makes you wonder what is going on in the business today.

all depends on the prospect

some sold low, some high

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2018, 09:42:29 AM »
We'll of course my comment is tongue in cheek since I did sell one in partnership for way more then I thought she sell for. Bull markets need corrections before they head higher. We are over sold and there are plenty of stocks in bear market and in correction mode. It is a fed story but since we are getting into the start of earnings the market will need earnings more then ever to keep the market from going lower and suffering deeper loses. I do think the last three days of Lexington is a worry for Harrisburg. I think the market has consolidated further with something like the stable.ca taking away more of the bottom away from bidding on horses. That know the bottom has somewhere to go and spread among yearlings like the top does. It leaves a vapor gap for those 25k-30k horses to find a bid and those suffered.

augustaandy

• Elite
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2018, 05:14:07 PM »
We'll of course my comment is tongue in cheek since I did sell one in partnership for way more then I thought she sell for. Bull markets need corrections before they head higher. We are over sold and there are plenty of stocks in bear market and in correction mode. It is a fed story but since we are getting into the start of earnings the market will need earnings more then ever to keep the market from going lower and suffering deeper loses. I do think the last three days of Lexington is a worry for Harrisburg. I think the market has consolidated further with something like the stable.ca taking away more of the bottom away from bidding on horses. That know the bottom has somewhere to go and spread among yearlings like the top does. It leaves a vapor gap for those 25k-30k horses to find a bid and those suffered.

Friday the market was up substantially and I believe it will be higher before the Harrisburg sale

augustaandy

• Elite
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2018, 07:04:48 PM »
today's London, Canada sale;

In front of a capacity crowd at the Metroland Media Agriplex, a total of 98 yearlings sold during the first session for gross sales of $2,812,600. That number substantially tops the $2.48 million gross from the 2017 sale with fewer yearlings sold. The average for the first day came in at $28,700, up 31 percent from the first-day 2017 average of $21,793.

http://standardbredcanada.ca/news/10-13-18/london-selected-day-one-complete.html

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2018, 08:44:23 PM »
They can shift the numbers all they want on day 1 selling twenty something fewer horses. At days end the sale ended up 8% lower from a year ago. This year ave 22,600 vs last year 24,600. Total net 500k less with 6 more horses sold this year. Seems the theory so far this year, top is still good but the middle and bottom are finding fewer bidders to bid. Lexington ended the sale overall lower and with two more sales to go and a 1,100 or more head to sell the question left how much money left in the tank? Yoder cleaned up in IN and the big names failed to cash big checks. I suppose the Breeders Crown will help out those going to Harrisburg.

augustaandy

• Elite
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2018, 10:41:44 PM »
They can shift the numbers all they want on day 1 selling twenty something fewer horses. At days end the sale ended up 8% lower from a year ago. This year ave 22,600 vs last year 24,600. Total net 500k less with 6 more horses sold this year. Seems the theory so far this year, top is still good but the middle and bottom are finding fewer bidders to bid. Lexington ended the sale overall lower and with two more sales to go and a 1,100 or more head to sell the question left how much money left in the tank? Yoder cleaned up in IN and the big names failed to cash big checks. I suppose the Breeders Crown will help out those going to Harrisburg.

I believe if you have the prospect, the yearling will sell well

if you don't, it won't

augustaandy

• Elite
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2018, 10:34:39 PM »

the last 2 times the VIX volatility index was over 26 (closed 26.89 today) and the percentage of stocks over their 40 day moving average was 11.19, were in late February and early April this year

both times the markets rallied huge right afterwards

watch what happens now

futures up nicely tonight

many of the big banks report early Friday morning

also, a racing friend told me tonight horse prices actually went up this week as people wish to invest in horses as less volatile investments (I kid you not), we'll see if he's right

there's still a while till the sale

the market rallied nicely 2 out of the last 3 trading days

nice recovery but let's see what happens

Equus Caballus

• Elite
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2018, 09:19:29 AM »
the market rallied nicely 2 out of the last 3 trading days

nice recovery but let's see what happens

If your this focused on the short run

You are sure to go broke

Stop watching CNBC
They are drama queens

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2018, 10:15:29 AM »
If your this focused on the short run

You are sure to go broke

Stop watching CNBC
They are drama queens
When is the next Free Equus Loser of The Month?

Equus Caballus

• Elite
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2018, 10:17:30 AM »
When is the next Free Equus Loser of The Month?

I’ll trade you for a get filthy rich pick this weekend at pocono

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
  • Passion: Frederick bourgault
    September 25, 2024, 04:03:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal