Author Topic: Gingras  (Read 7063 times)

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
  • Part Human, Part Machine, Better Part Canine
Re: Gingras
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2023, 08:01:20 PM »
I am 77, raced Yonkers and Roosevelt in the late 60-70's.  I lived in Old Brookville L.I. and was 10 minutes from the track.  I had several nice horse, claimers, and made a living sitting behind Fast Gun with either Matucci or Santa Maria driving, I can't remember. Golden Hands also drove for me as well as Cobb, and Poppy, never Carmine or LaChance. I always got 6 or 7 to one beating them on 3/5s that shouldda' been 7-1. Sorry Lance, I haven't known you long enough to disclose my innermost secrets. Also I did write a book called "The Exacta" about the Moonstone Bay, Mr. Ace fiasco. The rights were bought out. An offer I couldn't refuse.

Congrats with all your success with Fast Gun and knowing how to get a price.   tmbz1 

Wow, great stuff, predates me and the internet sadly.  If those that bought the rights publish anything - a book, movie...feel free to share sounds like a compelling watch or read. 

Thanks kooter,
Paul
It's Official!

kooter for hipin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2023, 09:04:33 PM »
Congrats with all your success with Fast Gun and knowing how to get a price.   tmbz1 

Wow, great stuff, predates me and the internet sadly.  If those that bought the rights publish anything - a book, movie...feel free to share sounds like a compelling watch or read. 

Thanks kooter,
Paul

Unfortunately, the book was not bought out for publication, but rather for the opposite reason. That night some 50ish years ago is remembered as the night they lit up Yonkers. Some $15,000 worth tickets on the exacta were never cashed. Several people were murdered in the aftermath.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 09:10:31 PM by kooter for hipin »

kooter for hipin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2023, 09:11:00 PM »
Unfortunately, the book was not bought out for publication, but rather for the opposite reason. That night some 50ish years ago is remembered as the night they lit up Yonkers. Some $15,000 worth tickets on the exacta were never cashed. Several people were murdered in the aftermath.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2023, 09:14:24 PM »
Unfortunately, the book was not bought out for publication, but rather for the opposite reason. That night some 70ish years ago is remembered as the night they lit up Yonkers. Some $15,000 worth tickets on the exacta were never cashed. Several people were murdered in the aftermath.

As soon as I get to hell, I'll wait my turn, and then I'll sit down with Carlo and "Tommy Brown" and we'll get to the bottom of it lol. ;D 
It's Official!

kooter for hipin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2023, 09:55:16 PM »
As soon as I get to hell, I'll wait my turn, and then I'll sit down with Carlo and "Tommy Brown" and we'll get to the bottom of it lol. ;D

When a 13-1 bet down and a no figure 7-1 finish 1,2, with a 3-5 in the race and the exacta comes back $28 and change, I'm certain you can draw your own conclusion although "those guys" would probably know. tmbz1 tmbz1

PS  There is a court transcript somewhere on the net.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2023, 10:07:57 PM »
When a 13-1 bet down and a no figure 7-1 finish 1,2, with a 3-5 in the race and the exacta comes back $28 and change, I'm certain you can draw your own conclusion although "those guys" would probably know. tmbz1 tmbz1

PS  There is a court transcript somewhere on the net.

I imagine there would be transcript, and yeh, that's high profile, if not a loose hot head, more likely the sssshhhhh order came down.

Not exactly near the same story but  please watch this movie if you haven't, you can probably on YouTube for free, you're going to go insane how funny and on topic it is!  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7TKTypiIjw
It's Official!

kooter for hipin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2023, 10:21:21 PM »
I imagine there would be transcript, and yeh, that's high profile, if not a loose hot head, more likely the sssshhhhh order came down.

Not exactly near the same story but  please watch this movie if you haven't, you can probably on YouTube for free, you're going to go insane how funny and on topic it is!  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7TKTypiIjw

YUP!   ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2023, 10:27:55 PM »

YUP!   ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

I never ran with those dudes, but they were always part of my life either from friends, proximity, the gambling link or chance.

The neighborhood I grew up in (Pelham Bay in the Bronx) there was the Corleone Club, which they changed to the Ogiglio Club.  All my life I was around gamblers and insiders.  Eventually I moved to Rockland County, ok suburbs, just got married in my early twenties and rented a house in West Havestraw, well the upstairs, the downstairs was a social club.  Ya know..... ;D
It's Official!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Indian24: What about Northville?
    June 19, 2024, 05:16:54 PM
  • justskipit69: northville
    June 18, 2024, 08:07:19 PM
  • Calhoun: Royale Ascot meet Tues-Sat.. 9:30 am first post. Great, great week.
    June 17, 2024, 08:15:39 PM
  • SwankToliverA: What about him?
    June 13, 2024, 12:18:31 AM
  • Loserbob: Rene allard
    June 11, 2024, 08:02:07 PM
  • M P: BREAKING NEWS: Ploptwats are outwardly angry that pictures of horses they trash are posted on Plop...
    June 10, 2024, 10:11:17 PM
  • M P: Breaking News: Members of Horseplop state killing Standardbreds is perfectly fine. Stay tuned for more.
    June 10, 2024, 05:21:49 PM
  • In It Deep: Hi Liberals
    June 05, 2024, 04:40:07 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal