Author Topic: Saratoga T-Breds Meet-Long Thread -- Admin Please Sticky  (Read 14734 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Calhoun

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 16484
Saratoga T-Breds Meet-Long Thread -- Admin Please Sticky
« on: July 13, 2023, 08:29:03 AM »
Opening Day today, Thurs, 7/13

Calhoun

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 16484
Re: Saratoga T-Breds Meet-Long Thread -- Admin Please Sticky
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2023, 08:32:52 AM »
A couple good reads for the meet:

1.  The Saratoga Special -- similar to Harness Update

https://thisishorseracing.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/07-13-23.pdf

2.  Indian Charlie -- news and satire.  A fun read.

https://www.indiancharlie.com/

Calhoun

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 16484
Re: Saratoga T-Breds Meet-Long Thread -- Admin Please Sticky
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2023, 08:40:59 AM »
I only bet three things nowadays.

1.  Pick-5 carryovers

2.  Colonial Downs (opening today) pick 5s.  12% take out, big fields and grass racing.  I'm in.

3.  But I admit to knowing a few Saratoga citizens and a couple are sharp.  So I will, from time to time, make and share what for me will be a modest action wager.


HornbyDuke

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2437
Re: Saratoga T-Breds Meet-Long Thread -- Admin Please Sticky
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2023, 08:54:08 AM »
Im parochial having misspent a fair number of days in my youth there but best meet in country standardbreds or thoroughbreds. Crowds are in 20000 range and racing operations from accross the entire country merge. Tremendous betting opportunities; similar to big m of 70s, 80s. A lot of local scene tied into this for july/august. I only go once a yr now though having decided in my youth to focus my attention on standardbreds.


JOHN FRANK

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 10436
Re: Saratoga T-Breds Meet-Long Thread -- Admin Please Sticky
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2023, 04:22:03 PM »
HOON: I'LL take you on in 8th.
I don't like bettin 3 year olds against older, but I will say the 5 KINGFISH beats your pony.
And I'LL explain:
Lot of speed in race and makes it for me even worse on inner.
CASTELLANO sticks with this 3 year old. The pony bred for TURF,as are 7 others. He shortin up and comin back in 12 days. He gettin BLINKS ON and although the TRAINER sucks at that angle,me thinks JAVIER who rode this pony last 3 out told him to do it. His last race came from 12 hole and he inside today. His last workout prior to his last race was very good. Me guess is they worked him with BLINKS ON. If he breaks OK he should lay close to lead. Horses are strange and new equipment can or can not show significant improvement. I'm venturin this guy does.

Kirby's Ace

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4754
Re: Saratoga T-Breds Meet-Long Thread -- Admin Please Sticky
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2023, 07:01:39 PM »
Well?
9/09/26 A day of celebration!

Kirby's Ace

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4754
Re: Saratoga T-Breds Meet-Long Thread -- Admin Please Sticky
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2023, 05:33:48 PM »
Need I say it? Coon nice 2nd! JFA ehhh..

 11.wp
9/09/26 A day of celebration!

Generation XYZ

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3573
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
Re: Saratoga T-Breds Meet-Long Thread -- Admin Please Sticky
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2023, 02:30:19 PM »
The CALHOUN ARMY wins!
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Generation XYZ

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3573
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
Re: Saratoga T-Breds Meet-Long Thread -- Admin Please Sticky
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2023, 08:41:59 AM »
Seems like a lack luster meet this year. Is Horse Racing across the board into mediocre crops now?
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Trigger: Pigeons, gay jokes, gay emojis, you said it must be true   ngc3...ouch  ngc3
    Today at 12:33:32 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: :1
    Today at 12:29:10 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: still dreaming of my penis..Oh well. A pillow biter will always be a pillow biter I guess.
    Today at 12:28:54 PM
  • Trigger: If you sent me a pic I didn't see it or a dick, maybe enlarge it...a lot  ngc3
    Today at 12:19:53 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: I knew I should of never sent you that dick pic! Now you are obsessed with it!  tmbz1
    Today at 12:17:02 PM
  • Trigger: You said you have fingers as thick as a your penis  ngc3, not sure what that even means penis fingers but you said it and we read it.  Don't need an autogragh pic of your hands full of penis fingers  ngc3
    Today at 12:16:50 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Leave my Penis out of this. If you're so infatuated with it, I'll send you a autograph picture of it!
    Today at 12:02:20 PM
  • Trigger: Pacer 2 is more man than you  ;D
    Today at 11:52:14 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal