Author Topic: Gural vs Alagna  (Read 6200 times)

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
Re: Gural vs Alagna
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2023, 01:00:45 PM »
Gabapentin is the drug that Manchego had in her when she got disqualified at Scioto in 2019.  That decision was later overturned as levels were proved to be under the threshold but apparently it's used often in racehorses. I've seen a bunch of other fines,  suspensions etc for it.

True. But even at high levels the drug does not work immediately, its a build up. It takes time to work and has to take effect over time.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2023, 01:05:07 PM »
That is correct, there is reciprocity between the states and Canada. When he finally takes his days, you won't see his name down anywhere. I can tell you from a previous personal experience. Just like Greg Peck. If his stable in NJ is licensed he won't be able to step foot on the property. Believe me.

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2023, 01:58:12 PM »
True. But even at high levels the drug does not work immediately, its a build up. It takes time to work and has to take effect over time.
In a recent study it was determined that Gabapentin does NOT provide any therapeutic or neurological effects to the equine athlete. If I  remember correctly, the study was commissioned by a rash of positives in Kentucky. It should pop right up if you Google it!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2023, 02:04:10 PM »
In a recent study it was determined that Gabapentin does NOT provide any therapeutic or neurological effects to the equine athlete. If I  remember correctly, the study was commissioned by a rash of positives in Kentucky. It should pop right up if you Google it!
Yeah, it seems as if it's pain killing attributes are rather mild. Not really what it is know for. Good thing I retired   LOL

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2023, 03:43:55 PM »
Doctor’s prescribed gabapentin for the excruciating pain my wife suffered from shingles. 

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2023, 03:56:48 PM »
Doctor’s prescribed gabapentin for the excruciating pain my wife suffered from shingles.

Well hopefully your wife got some relief from shingles. I have seen first hand how awful this virus is. I am curious if once your wife recovered from shingles by taking gabapentin, can she run or walk faster than before she took this drug? Just saying….

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2023, 03:58:48 PM »
That is correct, there is reciprocity between the states and Canada. When he finally takes his days, you won't see his name down anywhere. I can tell you from a previous personal experience. Just like Greg Peck. If his stable in NJ is licensed he won't be able to step foot on the property. Believe me.

Then how is Steve Elliot racing in KY while still on his 10 years suspension in NJ?

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2023, 04:10:52 PM »
Most states have signed reciprocity agreements. NJ is not 1 of them. They were always afraid a big barn would take their suspension in the winter causing short fields at their prime handle time. Tony O’Sullivan raced every night at Mohawk when he finally took his days in NJ for killing Cashmire Cammotion

old guy

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2023, 04:36:02 PM »
Most states have signed reciprocity agreements. NJ is not 1 of them. They were always afraid a big barn would take their suspension in the winter causing short fields at their prime handle time. Tony O’Sullivan raced every night at Mohawk when he finally took his days in NJ for killing Cashmire Cammotion

And now he is a race secretary

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2023, 05:24:31 PM »

Man if you had any experience with Peck I feel for you.  He can't get licensed though because USTA also revoked his membership. Peck is his own worst enemy, and consemate Bull Shit artist along with the vet he used.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2023, 06:16:01 PM »
Of course, you are correct

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2023, 08:48:03 PM »

Its the gold standard for nerve pain (neuropathy, shingles etc). But also used for epilepsy (its original use) and restless leg syndrome.Been around for ever. Ive taken it. It isnt a typical pain killer. It works by interupting nerve signals. I found it mildly helpful.

For nerve pain used in lieu of opiates and tramadol (synthetic pseudo-opiod).Reason its so popular it doesnt cause addiction problems comparable to opiates.

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2023, 08:59:34 PM »
XXZ,
Your are erroneous incorrect. T.A. will absolutely be suspended in KY and every other state. It’s reciprocal suspension.

He won two at the Red Mile today.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2023, 09:16:38 PM »
He’s not currently under suspension

Southpaw

• NW-1
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2023, 09:31:40 PM »
There is not one state that doesn't do reciprocating suspension.  Find one example.  The Baffert example isn't a state racing commission suspension it is a Churchill Downs suspension.  That is why he is racing in other states.  Canada also will have him suspended.

You’re confusing tbreds where reciprocity does not exist for harness where reciprocity does

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • SwankToliverA: Anyone see Cleveland Big J go down, 12th at Northfield? I was watching and never saw it
    June 24, 2024, 10:28:21 PM
  • Indian24: What about Northville?
    June 19, 2024, 05:16:54 PM
  • justskipit69: northville
    June 18, 2024, 08:07:19 PM
  • Calhoun: Royale Ascot meet Tues-Sat.. 9:30 am first post. Great, great week.
    June 17, 2024, 08:15:39 PM
  • SwankToliverA: What about him?
    June 13, 2024, 12:18:31 AM
  • Loserbob: Rene allard
    June 11, 2024, 08:02:07 PM
  • M P: BREAKING NEWS: Ploptwats are outwardly angry that pictures of horses they trash are posted on Plop...
    June 10, 2024, 10:11:17 PM
  • M P: Breaking News: Members of Horseplop state killing Standardbreds is perfectly fine. Stay tuned for more.
    June 10, 2024, 05:21:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal