Author Topic: This is exactly why the sport is on life support..  (Read 2474 times)

Kirbys Ace

• Elite
This is exactly why the sport is on life support..
« on: September 01, 2023, 10:46:41 AM »
LARE, SHEA HARRINGTON, DE YOB 2001
DD on 3/22/2023 FINED: $5,000
FULL - 180 DAYS, 8/29/2023 THRU 2/24/2024
HORSE DISQUALIFIED, PURSE
REDISTRIBUTION
POSITIVE TEST- POST RACE
Trainer Shea Lare, having had a Judge`s hearing on 6/28/2023 and being the trainer of
record for the filly LOFTY TREASURE in race 11 on 03/22/2023 at Bally`s Dover. The
board of Judges considered mitigating circumstances and Mr. Lare is fined $5,000 and is
under a 180 day “FULL” suspension (7/4/2023 through 12/30/2023). It has been
established ("Initial" and "Split Sample" testing) that LOFTY TREASURE had a positive test
(Oxymorphone), see DHRC rules: 5.3.2.1 and 8.3.3.3.1. LOFTY TREASURE has been
disqualified, all purse monies to be returned. The transfer of related ownership and/or
training responsibilities, during this suspension, must be approved by the Presiding Judge
(see DHRC rule: 10.2.8.3). All appeals are due within 4 business days, after the publishing
of the ruling (see DHRC rule: 10.2.9 Appeals). All fines are due within 10 days of receipt of
ruling.
Status as of 8/29/2023 - Subsequent Ruling - Trainer Shea Lare, having had a Judge's
hearing on 6/28/2023 and an Appeal hearing before the DHRC on 8/29/2023 and being
the trainer of record for the filly LOFTY TREASURE in race 11 on 3/22/2023 at Bally's
Dover. The judges considered mitigating circumstances and Mr. Lare is fined $5,000
and is now under a 180 day "FULL" suspension (8/29/2023 - 2/4/2024). It has been
established ("Initial" and "Split Sample" testing) that LOFTY TREASURE had a
positive test (Oxymorphone), see DHRC rules: 5.3.2.1 and 8.3.3.3.1. LOFTY
TREASURE has been disqualified, all purse monies to be returned. The transfer of
related ownership and/or training responsibilities, during this suspension, must be
approved by the Presiding Judge (see DHRC rule: 10.2.8.3. All fines are due within 10
days of receipt of ruling.

So, Dad gets a positive test and gets suspended, So, now the son goes down as trainer and all along dad is still training the horses on the farm with son. Now, son gets a positive from good ole dad pre-racing the horses and gets suspended and judges say its "Ok" and "APPROVED" to put dad back down on paper and be listed as trainer. Then WHEN dad pulls another positive (which he will, just look at his record) Son can go back as trainer once more. One reason I will never buy anything from CHICKS SADDLERY and will not bet Delaware racing!

And horse people ask and wonder why is the sport declining and can only survive with welfare money? You guys allow this to go on and on! Corruption from USTA,(for keeps licensing a person with more positive test then I can count) and states who keep issuing him a trainer's license! And just goes as business as usual with NO accountability.! And an owner who allows this with his horses! If,I can see what's going on don't you think the regular Joe betting 20+ dollars a day can't as well?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 10:57:55 AM by Kirby's Ace »
Back by popular demand!

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
Re: This is exactly why the sport is on life support..
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2023, 10:51:46 AM »
Looking to me like DADDY may have pissed in the stall!

Haku

• Top Claimer
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2023, 11:17:00 AM »
This is completely a joke. How is this ever allowed? And where are the feds investigating this controlled substance's continued appearances.

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2023, 11:46:41 AM »
I was never a big owner. My group bought solid race horses that raced in the middle conditions at the Meadowlands. It was a time when the Ledford were pulling their crap and many others weren’t getting caught. Our trainers were a NJ family that did everything the right way and never had a positive test. However where we used to win our share the wins were getting much harder. One night we went to dinner with a track vet who basically told me your chances of winning races were getting slimmer by the day. The vet told me that big owners were demanding their trainers to spend whatever was necessary to keep their horses on top. And he was talking about legal drugs and supplements to the tune of $1,000 a week per horse. Now add the illegal drugs, like EPO, and an honest trainer/owner was climbing a big hill to win. That was a very profitable dinner. It told me it was time to get out as an owner which I did. What’s going on today with all these designer steroids and undiscovered performance drugs is disgusting. The sport has gone to hell and the USTA and many track owners are to blame. They stick their heads in the sand and close their eyes while track after track has closed their doors or race in front of near zero fans. Harness racing is on life support and what a shame it is.

Kirbys Ace

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2023, 01:38:58 PM »
Thank you for your story but unfortunately it and this thread will disappear, and it will be business as usual!
Back by popular demand!

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2023, 01:50:28 PM »
Any more kids to go down as paper trainer --- even a relative --- they will do also.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2023, 01:54:24 PM »
the answer is suspend the trainer AND the horse
owners will get the message when their horse is out of the box for 1-3 months

Emperor Dapple

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2023, 02:01:36 PM »
I was never a big owner. My group bought solid race horses that raced in the middle conditions at the Meadowlands. It was a time when the Ledford were pulling their crap and many others weren’t getting caught. Our trainers were a NJ family that did everything the right way and never had a positive test. However where we used to win our share the wins were getting much harder. One night we went to dinner with a track vet who basically told me your chances of winning races were getting slimmer by the day. The vet told me that big owners were demanding their trainers to spend whatever was necessary to keep their horses on top. And he was talking about legal drugs and supplements to the tune of $1,000 a week per horse. Now add the illegal drugs, like EPO, and an honest trainer/owner was climbing a big hill to win. That was a very profitable dinner. It told me it was time to get out as an owner which I did. What’s going on today with all these designer steroids and undiscovered performance drugs is disgusting. The sport has gone to hell and the USTA and many track owners are to blame. They stick their heads in the sand and close their eyes while track after track has closed their doors or race in front of near zero fans. Harness racing is on life support and what a shame it is.

was it the Salerno family who trained your horses ?

London

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2023, 02:32:48 PM »
What about lou penis..4 on the same horse. 5 total positives...

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2023, 02:37:24 PM »
the answer is suspend the trainer AND the horse
owners will get the message when their horse is out of the box for 1-3 months
They do that in Ontario and sadly the vast majority of the time when the horse returns with same trainer. Time to start fining and suspend the owners also. They all say “I didn’t know” information on a trainer’s record of positive test is readily available from USTA. If you employ them you are an accomplice

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2023, 03:03:26 PM »
To Emp. Dapple…in NJ yes. In NY no. I believe at least one Salerno, Tony, is a judge for the PA commission. Tony was a very good trainer and a very decent person. It’s been 15+ years since I last saw him. Tony had a terrific second trainer. His name is Bernie Helie. I wish I knew what happened to him after the Salerno’s stopped training. Bernie was a French Canadian and a big NY Yankee fan. We never saw him without his Yankee cap on and a cigarette in his hand. I think he worked for trainer Annunziata and then the Burke’s, I think. We saw him in the winners circle on the Pocono tv feed a number of years ago.

Emperor Dapple

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2023, 03:19:22 PM »
To Emp. Dapple…in NJ yes. In NY no. I believe at least one Salerno, Tony, is a judge for the PA commission. Tony was a very good trainer and a very decent person. It’s been 15+ years since I last saw him. Tony had a terrific second trainer. His name is Bernie Helie. I wish I knew what happened to him after the Salerno’s stopped training. Bernie was a French Canadian and a big NY Yankee fan. We never saw him without his Yankee cap on and a cigarette in his hand. I think he worked for trainer Annunziata and then the Burke’s, I think. We saw him in the winners circle on the Pocono tv feed a number of years ago.

Yup, Salernos are all great people/family.. I don't know Bernie Helie personally but he is still around.. He's a member of the Monticello Raceway Memorabilia group on Facebook and i've seen his name pop up.. You can join it and probably message him..

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2023, 06:53:37 PM »
Omg  Bernie Helie. I knew him early. First for Donald Prussack and then Herve. I remember his wife Barbara. they often took care of their horses as a team. Vey good horse person trainer. A little bit shy and reserved and introverted personality which I often felt held him back for going out on his own. he certainly would have been very successful with his knowledge and ethic. Pretty sure at one point they were training for Herve too

jupiter

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2023, 07:03:21 PM »
He worked for Allards 6 or 7 yrs ago. He worked for
Tony Strollo at Meds and GSP, 20 yrs ago. He's a great guy, funny as hell after ya got to know him.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2023, 07:21:39 PM »
He worked for Allards 6 or 7 yrs ago. He worked for
Tony Strollo at Meds and GSP, 20 yrs ago. He's a great guy, funny as hell after ya got to know him.
interesting. definitely worked his entire life then. Must be in his 70s by now based on my age. Didnt know he worked for tony Strollo. I basically lost contact after he went to jersey. Wow - Tony strollo, talk about a character. LOL  Thanks for the info.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
  • Passion: Frederick bourgault
    September 25, 2024, 04:03:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal