Author Topic: Top 5 3 yr. old pacers in history revisited  (Read 7245 times)

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Re: Top 5 3 yr. old pacers in history revisited
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2023, 05:54:19 PM »
MOST HAPPY FELLA
STORM DANAGE
TYLER B
JUST A FEW TO BE CONSIDERED GREAT 3 YEAR OLDS BACK WHEN HARNESS RACING WASNT ANYTHING LIKE IT IS TODAY.
Look, we can name endless nice classy, solid, very good near great 3 year olds for every year for our lifetimes. i am talking the ultra greats, the super specials, the immortals. Each of the horses i mentioned and many I didn't, like OTRA, Matt's Scooter, Beach Towel, Precious Bunny, Hot Lead, Cam Fella, Jate Lobell, Abercrombie and on and on would absolutely blow the doors off the 3 you mentioned. My list is my way of ranking the very best that ever lived   The very best.  Sorry, Dan Patch. I can quite makes sense of you - free legged, virtually undefeated and 1.55 over a century ago. Dan patch - the greatest Standardbred that ever lived.

lost cause

• 4 claimer
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2023, 06:28:15 PM »
im sorry artsplace was at best the 3rd best 3yr in that season.you lose all credibility with that

lost cause

• 4 claimer
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2023, 06:30:30 PM »
as for life sign you can argue he was he was 1st,2nd.or 3rd best 3yr old.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2023, 06:43:30 PM »
CONFEDERATE does not belong on that list - yet. Maybe if he keeps performing.
Confederate instantly joins list by being the fastest 3 year old who ever lived and 3rd fastest pacer in a race period.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2023, 06:45:52 PM »
Life Sign's Jug final is the greatest performance by a 3 year old on a half mile,it defies explanation

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2023, 06:48:32 PM »
I know I stretched things a bit given Artsplace's issues at 3, but he still ranks among the top half dozen pacers to ever look thru a bridle.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2023, 06:49:47 PM »
including Artsplace blows my credibility    ngc3 ngc3 ngc3    oook   been around the game long?

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2023, 06:58:32 PM »
You could also add the Hall Of Fame filly Silk Stockings. Pacer of the year as a 3yr old she beat the boys in the Monticello-OTB Classic, the $300,000 richest horse race at the time. And just missed being nominated horse of the year.
Go over to the nostalgia forum and look at the topic about Silky and Tarport Hap and five races I posted including the one you mentioned. Although not in that one Tarport Hap wiped the floor with Silky most of the times they met and she won US Pacing Championship at 4 and the Sportsman's Grand Prix beating boys.

comeonman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2023, 07:08:56 PM »
Top 3 yr olds.Olds.    maybe we we can include Albatross...and triple cown winners....cams card shark.  Or Ralph hanover... or Matt scotter .j I st to name a few.....or how about pandrosa....list can be any of many

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2023, 07:25:34 PM »
Go over to the nostalgia forum and look at the topic about Silky and Tarport Hap and five races I posted including the one you mentioned. Although not in that one Tarport Hap wiped the floor with Silky most of the times they met and she won US Pacing Championship at 4 and the Sportsman's Grand Prix beating boys.

Correct. Silk Stockings had quarter cracks at four. I was a groom at Monticello when she won the classic.  Hap like SS was also a first crop Most Happy Fella -- she had a heart attack at the Meadowlands going to the half when Ben Webster pulled her up. She fell and died on the track. Webster later said he believes she had the heart attack at the start but she was so dead game she kept pacing till she dropped. I remember everyone was stunned. I believe they buried her in the infield -- not sure.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2023, 07:44:05 PM »
Yeah lotta fun seeing her beat the likes of Shirley's Beau. I get it. She was a great filly for her time. Wanna race against Somebeachsomewher e or Nihilator? Really? not gonna go 15 rounds with all the naysyaers. i made a list. I stand by and yes Confederate is already an immortal.

Laag

• Top Claimer
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2023, 08:09:56 PM »
do we really know how good Tall Dark Stranger really was. I mean he was pretty dominant.  2 losses that year, arguably can be top 5

captain treacherous was money his 3yo season

both horses not winning by huge margins but always dug in, TDS did get beat by that ridiculous 100-1 shot who was racing as wide as the grandstand

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2023, 08:27:39 AM »
A fast time that was intentionally set up by his stablemate in a sire stakes means nothing. He beat nobody. When he races like this for a bunch more races, then he might be considered. Let's see him win and set records on a half mile track. Let's see him win heats. SBSW did both. Right now Confederate is not even in the conversation with Tall Dark Stranger. Confederate is the best three year old pacer this year now but the season is not over.
Tall Dark Stranger - 22 starts, 19 wins / $2,000,000   exactly where Confederate will be when he finishes this year

Everyone knew that Mondays race was going to be an elaborate Time Trial, so why is everyone shocked and dismayed
His performance, while only in high gear for about the 3/8ths maybe, Timmy silent, earplugs in still matters and it always will.
He will finish the season as the fastest 3 year old ever.
We all know this horse has that seldom seen gear that would make him pace deep stretch with anything that ever lived.

Willybuc

• NW-1
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2023, 09:36:55 AM »
Confederate would be undefeated in races that mattered if Timmy would have not screwed up a few times.  The horse only lost 1 race in my opinion and I could argue the driver messed that race up as well, it was his 2 year old debut at Hoosier Park where he came home in 25 and change that night. Should have never lost the Breeders Crown at 2 or the North America Cup this year, those were all on Timmy, he would tell you the same. So in reality the colt should have never lost a race if he was handled more aggressively in those few losses. With that said if he truly wanted to put this debate to an end and be the greatest, he would go dominate the 3rd Thursday in Delaware Ohio, but he won't go most likely. You can't say he is not familiar with that 1/2 mile track since he trained there all summer last year. But at this point how many dollars can you add to the stud fee for winning the LBJ. I am sure he will steer clear of that race.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2023, 09:58:14 AM »
Agree with all points and Timmy has said on many occasions how he fucked up. Every time I re-watch the NA Cup, I wanna reach into the screen and change things a bit. LOL. It kills me he lost that race. Unnecessary blemish on his resume.
There is nothing I wanna see more than him in the Jug, but alas he just isn;t gonna be there, I fear.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
  • Passion: Frederick bourgault
    September 25, 2024, 04:03:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal