Author Topic: I dont wtch football, so here's some MR trivia  (Read 10387 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

old guy

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1217
Re: I dont wtch football, so here's some MR trivia
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2023, 03:25:37 PM »
'73 I am guessing and the major betting scandal that ensnared all the top Metro Ny drivers

Lotsa info online  articles even in the NY Times

Peter Gerry, Ken McNutt, Carmine, Insko, Buddy etc etc etc

Forest Gerry not Peter.

Fuguzzi

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3104
Re: I dont wtch football, so here's some MR trivia
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2023, 03:55:18 PM »
Ok yes Forest Gerry jr, who never drove - he was a conduit between the drivers and Peter Vario, mobster, who is the son of Paul Vario as profiled in Goodfellas. Coco Cormier and Frank Popfinger caught up in that shit too

Fuguzzi

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3104
Re: I dont wtch football, so here's some MR trivia
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2023, 04:33:41 PM »
let's remember Buddy Gilmour ran over mob money in 1966 by winning a race he was not supposed to, was dragged to a hotel room and beaten up, then lost his license for almost 4 years. Got it back in 1970, but by 73 was in trouble again. And there's more.

I know for a fact, personal experiences, that Buddy loved running over even his own owner's money.

Plenty of room for him in the Hall Of Fame, but not Tony Morgan and his 17,000 plus wins. Right?

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Trigger: Calhoun, genius shows you how to make $$$ after the race  ngc3
    Today at 11:16:20 AM
  • Calhoun: An 8-horse $2 parlay of 3/5 winners = $ 85.  Of 4/5 winners = $4/5 winners = $108... Remarkable. $$$
    Today at 11:00:16 AM
  • Dingus: I’m impressed
    Today at 09:50:46 AM
  • JT: You da man bello ;D
    October 04, 2026, 09:47:47 PM
  • dougie: Nice job BELLO!!!!!
    October 04, 2026, 09:31:49 PM
  • Trigger: You and genius are now a page 3 story, Bello SWEPT THE FIRST 8 Races at Northfield  62za.clp 62za.clp 86z.st 62za.clp 62za.clp
    October 04, 2026, 09:29:39 PM
  • andrew: and here it comes  ngc3
    October 04, 2026, 09:24:41 PM
  • Trigger: I'll take either stance, pro-Trump, anti-Trump, no matter  ;D
    October 04, 2026, 09:16:39 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal