Author Topic: Talking On The Racetrack  (Read 2136 times)

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
Talking On The Racetrack
« on: September 15, 2023, 05:24:06 PM »
Talk about an ancient USTA rule where drivers get fined for talking on the racetrack.Why is this perceived as a big enough violation to cost a driver $100? Do the judges think this looks bad in the public’s eyes? Nowadays I really doubt anyone cares. These guys talk to each other in the paddock. They travel together during stakes season. Does the USTA thinks the drivers are cheating and are first choreographing their bad deeds on the racetrack? Really? End this dumb violation or tell me what I am missing.

EPM

• Elite
Re: Talking On The Racetrack
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2023, 05:35:45 PM »
Sometimes the script changes late...and sometimes you wanna make sure everybody knows Thier Role....

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2023, 05:56:16 PM »
Talk about an ancient USTA rule where drivers get fined for talking on the racetrack.Why is this perceived as a big enough violation to cost a driver $100? Do the judges think this looks bad in the public’s eyes? Nowadays I really doubt anyone cares. These guys talk to each other in the paddock. They travel together during stakes season. Does the USTA thinks the drivers are cheating and are first choreographing their bad deeds on the racetrack? Really? End this dumb violation or tell me what I am missing.
It should be ended. But I remember a time when it was enforced strictly, well pretty strictly. i remember fines for this infraction.

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2023, 06:04:46 PM »
I saw Brian Sears got fined in today’s listing on USTA. You think this multi-millionaire is fixing a race and talking about it on at Yonkers Raceway?

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2023, 06:15:10 PM »
No I don't   LOL   One of the best ever to grab a hold, but something about him has always rubbed me the wrong way. Purely from a distance I admit. I never checked a horse up for him in my life.

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2023, 06:18:06 PM »
It's as stupid penalty! Believe me any serious talking was done way before they went out in post parade!

tmbz1
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2023, 06:29:06 PM »
i am sure their is nothing nefarious going on
however it is a bad look overall
as you say they see each other all the time so can they not go 5 minutes on the track without talking

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2023, 06:53:23 PM »
Reminds me of the days of Jimmy Marohn and Ted Wing signaling. Left leg down/right leg down.

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2023, 07:30:29 PM »
I mean it is so ridiculous that big purse successful drivers would be talking about fixing a race. They are probably asking each other their opinions on whether or not to sell their Microsoft or Tesla stocks or how they are playing their Cryptocurrency situations.

helpplease

• Open / FFA
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2023, 07:49:10 PM »
It is like fining Rory Mcilroy for talking to Justin Thomas for talking while strolling down the fairway on their way to their next shots. Total stupidity.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2023, 07:55:24 PM »
actually you would be amazed how little most golfers talk during a round
and even so they have no impact on one another , just playing their own ball
however you are not allowed to ask another golfer what club he hit just as a comparison , that would be seen as unfair to all the other golfer sin the field

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2023, 10:47:42 PM »
If you get close to where they are gathering before they go to the gate. You will learn they are talking about last night’s game or the blond in the paddock. But it does look bad on TV to the degenerate gamblers that blame everything else when they lose

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2023, 07:54:22 AM »
If you get close to where they are gathering before they go to the gate. You will learn they are talking about last night’s game or the blond in the paddock. But it does look bad on TV to the degenerate gamblers that blame everything else when they lose
Just remember, in the legendary triple race at YR that got many drivers long suspensions, got Lachance kicked out for good and effectively ended Leo Bauer's career. it was Henri Fion the ringleader, who drove alongside each driver telling him the triple including Leo who testified Henri told him to go down the road, told him the triple number straight and said he would be taken care of. A very and  look for racing the judges will tell you a perfect example of why the rule should be in place. That was my hayday and while I had nothing to do with the race, I was in the paddock that night and lets just say when the the triple came back $197 for $3 it made for an interesting atmosphere. ngc3

helpplease

• Open / FFA
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2023, 08:35:19 AM »
actually you would be amazed how little most golfers talk during a round
and even so they have no impact on one another , just playing their own ball
however you are not allowed to ask another golfer what club he hit just as a comparison , that would be seen as unfair to all the other golfer sin the field

To the contrary, I watch golf a lot & i'm amazed just how much they talk & how friendly these pro golfers are with one another during their rounds. As far as what club they are using, I'm guessing these pros can tell just by looking at the degree of the club what number is being used & is there not betting on pro golf on many gambling sites?

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2023, 08:49:30 AM »
I suppose what ai don’t understand is how much talking I see in warm-ups and fines are not handed out. Yet regularly they’re drivers that do get fined. Are the judges reading lips or is this another selective enforcement situation?

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • SwankToliverA: Anyone see Cleveland Big J go down, 12th at Northfield? I was watching and never saw it
    June 24, 2024, 10:28:21 PM
  • Indian24: What about Northville?
    June 19, 2024, 05:16:54 PM
  • justskipit69: northville
    June 18, 2024, 08:07:19 PM
  • Calhoun: Royale Ascot meet Tues-Sat.. 9:30 am first post. Great, great week.
    June 17, 2024, 08:15:39 PM
  • SwankToliverA: What about him?
    June 13, 2024, 12:18:31 AM
  • Loserbob: Rene allard
    June 11, 2024, 08:02:07 PM
  • M P: BREAKING NEWS: Ploptwats are outwardly angry that pictures of horses they trash are posted on Plop...
    June 10, 2024, 10:11:17 PM
  • M P: Breaking News: Members of Horseplop state killing Standardbreds is perfectly fine. Stay tuned for more.
    June 10, 2024, 05:21:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal