Author Topic: Richard Young gets to the point  (Read 1929 times)

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
Richard Young gets to the point
« on: September 16, 2023, 06:34:05 PM »
Richard Young the owner of It’s My Show posted this response when they said it took guts to enter the Little Brown Jug. Apparently some people think that our entry into the Jug required guts .I can assure you guts played no role. Many people think  we entered the $1 million Jug to avoid Confederate.🙂 Not even close. He is a great horse ,but no horse is unbeatable as you know. "Its my Show" is the horse that accomplish it . If one was to analyze the KY final ,you knew facts as they have played out before. Confederate owners will have another horse in the race to guarantee a fast pace. With that very fact they were able to smash the world record.The field will be  short  with no other horses attempting to upset the apple cart .The only horse with a real shot is "Its my Show".The dilemma on how to beat a two pronged attack is obvious . We didn't like the facts but they played no role.  It just made the ultimate decision a hair easier.                                                                                                                           If we finished 2nd thats 100k .Its virtually a sure thing 100K. Now we have The JUG. There are factors there as well. Many of these factors are reasons Confederate didn't enter. Post position plays a huge roll as well as very short stretch ,which is not Confederates strong suit. Racing twice always an unknown .And the fact, they are thinking sire and taking a shot there and losing not a chance worth taking. We have similar unknowns with the one exception ,we are not thinking sire. We don't have to worry about stud value. Let's face it, taking the almost sure thing 100K is the prudent decision. No we didn't like the fact they could control the race but in the end ,it did not come down to avoiding Confederate .We will meet him soon enough.                 Just ask yourself ,which race would you rather win even if the money was the same ?  The KY final or the Jug.? Winning the Ky final would be fun. Winning the Jug with the one horse in my life capable would be the culmination of a wonderful long career of owning horses. Thats the ultimate dream .This chance will never happen again .Its the one race both Linda and I have never won. It was an easy decision. Guts played no role.

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
Re: Richard Young gets to the point
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2023, 06:37:46 PM »
well spoken. tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2023, 08:00:16 PM »
IOn my day, owners didn't put out this kind of pap before a major race. makes sense he is with Linda.

hoosierboy

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2023, 09:04:14 PM »
What happens when he gets beat

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2023, 09:13:36 PM »
What happens when he gets beat
I'll be cheering and a few fools on here will still tell me how wonderful a horse he is. He is a nice horse, nothing special, just a very nice horse. That's that!

augustaandy

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2023, 11:44:33 PM »
a million dollar purse and they know Confederate is skipping

took no guts, trying to win a huge purse

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2023, 08:14:15 AM »
They are putting up 45ths to supplement, and he said if the Meadowlands Pace would have had a supplemental he would have put it up to race in the Pace. If you’re trying to prove and enhance stud value, victories in million dollar races look pretty good for one’s racing resume. Confederate could have put up the sup and if he wins the Million dollar jug his stud fee would probably skyrocket. Especially since it seems he’s just going to win out the rest of the year.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2023, 08:47:54 AM »
When I first became a fan of harness racing, I watch Dragons Lair face a five horse entry with three making it to the final. The entry tried to beat him in the final but he still won. After reading the comment, he is, in fact, ducking Confederate. Recently this Mr. Young was saying racing heats was bad for the horses. Now he is racing heats. Confederate is avoiding racing in the jug because he could lose. Mr. Young and Diamond Creek would make great politicians. The end result is the fans have been deprived of seeing Its My Show and Confederate race each other most of the year.
Right on Buddy! tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2023, 09:32:05 AM »
as i have said prior
everyone who is anyone will meet in kentucky in a few weeks and the breeders crown
once that is done we will have all the answers

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2023, 11:50:20 AM »
Makes good sense! Not often that you have a chance to go down in history rather than just be a fleeting headline! Careful consideration along with precision analysis is what separates the cream from the milk! tmbz1

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2023, 12:00:36 PM »
A little history that is not relevant at this point as Confederate is not going but had Bowden decided to it would have been a homecoming for the horse.  Brown had him at 2 so he literally grew up at Delaware so handling the track should not have been an issue.  Confederate might have loved being there ...  Maybe he should have thought of that.  He's already set the world record there is nothing left to prove.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
  • Passion: Frederick bourgault
    September 25, 2024, 04:03:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal