Author Topic: My last will and testament on the Jug  (Read 2082 times)

Fuguzzi

• Elite
My last will and testament on the Jug
« on: September 22, 2023, 10:01:12 AM »
My immediate response to the Jug was along the lines of WTF was Timmy doing? Having said that I am going to make one final argument taking major issue with the way he drove. To my detractors, I will not go 15 rounds debating it back and forth. What's the point? I will not be moved off my rock solid position that he completely fucked up and those that believe I am wrong will not change their minds no matter how much we banty it back and forth.

Once the draw came out and Timmy had the rail and Cannibal drew the 3, he has to know he and Yannick are the controlling speed in the race. I think we can all agree on this much. Many people on here who i believe are of a younger generation and have become caught up in a fascination with speed, have said things like Timmy did the right thing, you go down the road on a mission, it was his only option and other assorted justifications. But really? Was this Tetricks game plan going in? Ok, he knows he is charging down the road. Fine. but he also HAS to know Cannibal is leaving too especially with Yannick. So it was his plan to take no prisoners at any cost? In a second heat, no less? Admittedly, Cannibal was not "sharp" leaving and that may have played into Timmy's thinking as the first few seconds of the race unfolded. But once he committed himself to parking Yannick to a quarter in 25.4, much less a half in 53.3, what did he think was going to happen? He had to know the instant he saw the 1/4 ring up, for him, the race was essentially over. In a second heat no less. How many horses even today pace a half in 53 and change on a half and win? He just threw half a million away for the owner and 20 grand away for him and McIntosh. So this was a better plan than doing whatever he could to let Yannick go , retake and give his horse a blow somewhere before the 3/4s? He knows Ken Hanover and more importantly Seven Colors and IMS are back there with 2 of the livest and powerful stretch drivers in the sport are back there somewhere just waiting to pounce.Someone asked on here if anyone had heard any post race chatter. I would love to have heard Timmy explain or justify his drive to himself, the owners, McIntosh or any horseman, bettor or observer within earshot. I am mystified and always will be and the race left a rotten taste in my mouth NOT because of who won, IMS is admittedly a better race horse than Cannibal and the like. I might not have liked it, but like many of you I believed IMS or seven Colors would win the final, once YOUKNOWWHO wasn't in the race. No, it left a rotten taste because of how it was driven and how, regardless of this fiasco, speed will continue to rule the day and shape minds and formulate opinions and be the measuring stick for ability. i know the season isn't over but it capped a fun summer with a big blot in my opinion.

firhill

• Open / FFA
Re: My last will and testament on the Jug
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2023, 10:30:52 AM »
You're looking at it from the view of a fan. I get it.
I'd rather look at it from the view of a punter, which is why I was thrilled with what Tetrick did and how the race played out.
Excellent end to the summer of racing for me.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2023, 10:48:06 AM »
the jug is coming back
good horses and races in all 3 heats and final
the key was the 3 heats
you need 3 winner sin the final
if there was only 2 heats than you dont have yannick getting parked, its the same boring race as last few years, the 2 winners go 1-2 around the track, but with 3 winners and a trailer there is going to be fireworks and when yannick got the 3 you knew it was going to be game on

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2023, 10:49:47 AM »
I don't think it was possible or even necessary to retake if Tetrick let Gingras go. Why not sit a pocket to Cannibal? Even with a fast first quarter I'm sure he'd take you at least to the top of the lane. If there were sub-par horses lurking behind I could justify Tetrick's decision, but the cream of the crop was waiting to pounce. And Tetrick had to realize there was nowhere else for Cannibal to go. Race to win -- of course -- but second or third money for a horse that really didn't figure coming into the race, isn't all that bad.
They really need to interview all the connections after the race -- great way to get the audience involved in the sport.

Miguel_Sanchez

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2023, 11:12:22 AM »
If you knew anything of how Yannick drives and how everyone on the track hates his eithics you would then understand why Timmy hung him.  You would then understand why Yannick is going to get torchered for a long while until he realizes you can't pull your scumbag shit out there and think it's ok.

Timmy has every right to push hard.  What's he supposed to do let Yannick just make front easily?  Give and go?  Yannick was the one out there one handing trying to get his to go.  Now Timmy know if he lets him go what Yannick will do.  As soon as he clears he is gonna slam the breaks on as hard as he can and absolutely jamb the field up to no end.

Now if your try to retake the little scumbag will be 1/2 length off the rail and drag you wide and then step on the gas and string you out.  He has zero class on the track and thinks everyone should just bow down to him when he makes front.  Go watch YR's last week with Bythemissile.  Those are world class 46-47 pacers and that little french asshole went a quarter in :30 and damn near caused a wreck.  You don't go 26 - 30.  He is the reason they started fining at Meadowlands for going uneven fractions.

Another one of Yannicks dirtball moves is when he's sitting 3rd or 4th he sits 1/2 in 1/2 out so you either have to go 3 wide or wait for him to pull.

It's not just Timmy it's everyone on the track who's anyone.What he fails to realize is he's not driving against Timmy yesterday.  He was driving against everyone but James Mcdonald out there.

It won't matter in the overnights too much but you can bet in the upcoming stake races there will be one driver in everyone of those races willing to take one for the team just to make sure he's screwed.  It happens all the time when a driver gets a little out of hand.

Drivers don't like to lose but they especially don't like to be out there with someone that's a bit dangerous and playing dirty on the track.  Have to have a little bit of ethics.

hoosierboy

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2023, 11:47:31 AM »
Timmy’s horse got a check, Yannick not so much. 

Miguel_Sanchez

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2023, 11:48:56 AM »

Exactly.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2023, 11:53:23 AM »
I don't think it was possible or even necessary to retake if Tetrick let Gingras go. Why not sit a pocket to Cannibal? Even with a fast first quarter I'm sure he'd take you at least to the top of the lane. If there were sub-par horses lurking behind I could justify Tetrick's decision, but the cream of the crop was waiting to pounce. And Tetrick had to realize there was nowhere else for Cannibal to go. Race to win -- of course -- but second or third money for a horse that really didn't figure coming into the race, isn't all that bad.
They really need to interview all the connections after the race -- great way to get the audience involved in the sport.
I appreciate your expansion on my thoughts  TY

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2023, 12:45:43 PM »
Granted, but I am not sure what this proves since Yannick/Cannibal were parked to a half in 53.3 on a small track. What ordinary horse survives that and makes money? All I know is, Timmy according to many did what he had to do and yannick paid the price for being "hated", but they got next to nothing and Scotty and Dexter got all the money. No one can argue that.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2023, 01:21:12 PM »
First off Fug you can’t go 15 rounds cause u won’t last 3.
I believe u said after the heats IMS looked off. Yannick & Nancy over played their hand , this was not Diamond Creek driver enters . If Tim turns Yannick before or after the 1/4 Timmy’s not getting back to the lead. Then Yannick walks the next 1/4 just like he did in the first heat ,29 flat,& if you paid attention Tony Hall clear choked VM’s horse down sitting in the 2 hole.He for sure is not driving off in the turn to give Timmy a shot to beat him. This is the Jug, a one shot deal no do overs next week or year. The purse doesn’t really matter when you get to the final and your horse won his heat handily.If Timmy had some horse from the outside that didn’t figure but loop them off the car , of course he turns YG. Going into the final which trainer do you have more confidence in with their assessment of their horse after the first heat, McIntosh or Nancy Tatker?
Lastly do you think Yannick runs Timmy like that if it’s Confederate and Timmy turns the stick up coming out of the first turn to avoid the 3 hole pop. Of course not YG grabs up sets parked 4 on the outside

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2023, 01:34:41 PM »
First off Fug you can’t go 15 rounds cause u won’t last 3.
I believe u said after the heats IMS looked off. Yannick & Nancy over played their hand , this was not Diamond Creek driver enters . If Tim turns Yannick before or after the 1/4 Timmy’s not getting back to the lead. Then Yannick walks the next 1/4 just like he did in the first heat ,29 flat,& if you paid attention Tony Hall clear choked VM’s horse down sitting in the 2 hole.He for sure is not driving off in the turn to give Timmy a shot to beat him. This is the Jug, a one shot deal no do overs next week or year. The purse doesn’t really matter when you get to the final and your horse won his heat handily.If Timmy had some horse from the outside that didn’t figure but loop them off the car , of course he turns YG. Going into the final which trainer do you have more confidence in with their assessment of their horse after the first heat, McIntosh or Nancy Tatker?
Lastly do you think Yannick runs Timmy like that if it’s Confederate and Timmy turns the stick up coming out of the first turn to avoid the 3 hole pop. Of course not YG grabs up sets parked 4 on the outside
There is so much conjecture in your post, it is impossible to address. If this, if that. Yes I did say he looked like was drifting a bit off pain mid stretch in his elim. If you closely he winces once a couple hundred yards from the wire - looks right front. I could be right or wrong. just saying how it looked, I never suggested he couldn't survive it. Maybe it was a bad step. no big deal. He bounced back and outkicked Seven Colors. Congrats!

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2023, 01:36:13 PM »
Weak responses
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 01:38:40 PM by White Rabbit »

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2023, 10:53:26 PM »
My immediate response to the Jug was along the lines of WTF was Timmy doing? Having said that I am going to make one final argument taking major issue with the way he drove. To my detractors, I will not go 15 rounds debating it back and forth. What's the point? I will not be moved off my rock solid position that he completely fucked up and those that believe I am wrong will not change their minds no matter how much we banty it back and forth.

Once the draw came out and Timmy had the rail and Cannibal drew the 3, he has to know he and Yannick are the controlling speed in the race. I think we can all agree on this much. Many people on here who i believe are of a younger generation and have become caught up in a fascination with speed, have said things like Timmy did the right thing, you go down the road on a mission, it was his only option and other assorted justifications. But really? Was this Tetricks game plan going in? Ok, he knows he is charging down the road. Fine. but he also HAS to know Cannibal is leaving too especially with Yannick. So it was his plan to take no prisoners at any cost? In a second heat, no less? Admittedly, Cannibal was not "sharp" leaving and that may have played into Timmy's thinking as the first few seconds of the race unfolded. But once he committed himself to parking Yannick to a quarter in 25.4, much less a half in 53.3, what did he think was going to happen? He had to know the instant he saw the 1/4 ring up, for him, the race was essentially over. In a second heat no less. How many horses even today pace a half in 53 and change on a half and win? He just threw half a million away for the owner and 20 grand away for him and McIntosh. So this was a better plan than doing whatever he could to let Yannick go , retake and give his horse a blow somewhere before the 3/4s? He knows Ken Hanover and more importantly Seven Colors and IMS are back there with 2 of the livest and powerful stretch drivers in the sport are back there somewhere just waiting to pounce.Someone asked on here if anyone had heard any post race chatter. I would love to have heard Timmy explain or justify his drive to himself, the owners, McIntosh or any horseman, bettor or observer within earshot. I am mystified and always will be and the race left a rotten taste in my mouth NOT because of who won, IMS is admittedly a better race horse than Cannibal and the like. I might not have liked it, but like many of you I believed IMS or seven Colors would win the final, once YOUKNOWWHO wasn't in the race. No, it left a rotten taste because of how it was driven and how, regardless of this fiasco, speed will continue to rule the day and shape minds and formulate opinions and be the measuring stick for ability. i know the season isn't over but it capped a fun summer with a big blot in my opinion.
I’m curious. How do you see the race going if Tim releases Yanick. I see Tim being 1st up before 1/2 or caught in

Meadow Ford

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2023, 11:03:29 PM »
In the LBJs in the future when TT has the rail in the final will the boys remember 2023 and all duck to the rail?
I know I would.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2023, 11:08:02 PM »
Can always rely on you Meadow

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
  • Passion: Frederick bourgault
    September 25, 2024, 04:03:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal