Author Topic: And NOW??  (Read 6400 times)

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
Re: And NOW??
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2023, 11:22:46 PM »
They didn't have designer drugs like they have now. Hell, when I got in the business, if your horses knee got infected, you bandaged it with maggots. I know a trainer that keeps 2 retired horses in his barn and every week he pulls a liter of blood out of them and freezes it. When one of his actual racehorses is in a big race or if he wants to make a score gambling, they thaw a couple of liters and IV it into the horse racing. Blood doping 101. Unless you get caught in the act, there is no way to detect but trust me, it makes a difference. I am not saying they win all the time but they do better than average.
No my good sir to Campbell

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2023, 11:23:55 PM »
If you are talking to me, I have no idea what you are ranting about. I simply said, this guy I knew, Dr Henry Kamen, who lurked around NYRA with a friend tried pushing this idea of blood packing. I never said I used it or endorsed it. i know all about the dangers involved and how it is impractical to say the least. If you are responding to Mike Campbell, that's a different story. Hard to follow the thread.
Looneyc can be hard to follow

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2023, 11:24:09 PM »
Read it a few times and got the idea. my apologies. I did figure it out tmbz1

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2023, 11:30:06 PM »
Ur full of shit . Ask any vet unless a horse is typed n screen they can only get blood transfusions from a no match once in their life or they will have a serve reaction .That comes from stacks n stacks of veterinary journals. For $2.00 u can get a library card and educate yourself.
You sound like ,  with all the Fuck Pelling talk, clearly he embarrassed you in the business at some point. And all the designer drug use nowadays, cause they just had hay oats back in the day , you sound like someone who got broke
and run out of the game to a new career.
LOL. Explain blood transfusions during colic surgeries dick breath.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2023, 11:34:30 PM »
LOL. Explain blood transfusions during colic surgeries dick breath.
I think that's (transfusions) are different than PRPs or orthobiologics which is what you and I were discussing. really dont wanna get into this battle between you and Rabbit

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2023, 11:46:43 PM »
I think that's (transfusions) are different than PRPs or orthobiologics which is what you and I were discussing. really dont wanna get into this battle between you and Rabbit
It's all good. He can't prove it because it's not accurate. Horses are administered blood all the time without any side effects. 99% is Q type for a standardbred. He is just one of those guys that need to be the smartest guy in the room when in reality he is a pole smoker with an IQ of about 80.   

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2023, 11:48:27 PM »
 tmbz1

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2023, 12:26:29 AM »
It's all good. He can't prove it because it's not accurate. Horses are administered blood all the time without any side effects. 99% is Q type for a standardbred. He is just one of those guys that need to be the smartest guy in the room when in reality he is a pole smoker with an IQ of about 80.

Actually, the most prevalent blood type in a Standardbred is A -- much like a thoroughbred. I believe the Q type is just restricted to the thoroughbred and is not present at all in a Standardbred.  All due to years of breeding practices and genetics.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2023, 12:50:52 AM »
Actually, the most prevalent blood type in a Standardbred is A -- much like a thoroughbred. I believe the Q type is just restricted to the thoroughbred and is not present at all in a Standardbred.  All due to years of breeding practices and genetics.
I think if you scroll down to the equine chart, variations of the Q type is 99% in standardbreds

https://eclinpath.com/hemostasis/transfusion-medicine/blood-types/

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2023, 01:15:59 AM »
Ur full of shit . Ask any vet unless a horse is typed n screen they can only get blood transfusions from a no match once in their life or they will have a serve reaction .That comes from stacks n stacks of veterinary journals. For $2.00 u can get a library card and educate yourself.
You sound like ,  with all the Fuck Pelling talk, clearly he embarrassed you in the business at some point. And all the designer drug use nowadays, cause they just had hay oats back in the day , you sound like someone who got broke
and run out of the game to a new career.

Read it and weep shit for brains. No severe reactions. God, you are a stupid fuck.

https://www.vet.upenn.edu/about/news-room/bellwether/new-bolton-post/winter-2015/blood-transfusion-story#:~:text=Unlike%20humans%2C%20who%20have%20just,e%2C%20f%2C%20or%20g.

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #100 on: October 02, 2023, 01:17:29 AM »
I think if you scroll down to the equine chart, variations of the Q type is 99% in standardbreds

https://eclinpath.com/hemostasis/transfusion-medicine/blood-types/

Absolutely no idea what any of that means -- Negative for the factor? -- no idea what that means. I had a mare about 5-6 years ago that needed blood. I asked the vet do horses have blood types like people?  I had no idea. He said like I stated -- the most prevalent in Standardbreds and Thoroughbreds was type A. And I believe I remember correctly he said Thoroughbreds have Q but not Standardbreds -- not 100% sure about that, but the A part I am.  I'll call the office in the morning.

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2023, 04:34:56 AM »
Not sure that there is 100% clarity on the issue.. but here is an excerpt on horse blood transfusions from DVM360:

"Blood Donor
A favorable donor should be an adult gelding (mares that have been pregnant increase their
likelihood of having erythrocyte alloantibodies), test negative for EIA, have a thorough vaccination
history, have never been transfused, and are negative for factors Aa and Qa (the two most common
alloantigens involved in neonatal isoerythrolysis).
Crossmatch
Performing a crossmatch between the donor and the recipient is helpful, but in an emergency
situation not always possible. A recipient that has not received a transfusion previously has a
decreased likelihood of having an adverse reaction to a single transfusion from an unmatched donor.
A purple top (EDTA) and a red top tube should be drawn from each potential donor and from the
recipient horse to perform the crossmatch. The major crossmatch involves combining donor red
cells with recipient serum. The minor crossmatch involves combining recipient red cells with donor
serum. Both sides must be compatible for it to be a true match; however, even under true match
conditions there is no guarantee that the patient will not have an adverse reaction to the transfusion"

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2023, 07:28:24 AM »
Absolutely no idea what any of that means -- Negative for the factor? -- no idea what that means. I had a mare about 5-6 years ago that needed blood. I asked the vet do horses have blood types like people?  I had no idea. He said like I stated -- the most prevalent in Standardbreds and Thoroughbreds was type A. And I believe I remember correctly he said Thoroughbreds have Q but not Standardbreds -- not 100% sure about that, but the A part I am.  I'll call the office in the morning.
I was always under the impression that our breed was Type-A too. The whole thing started when two guys started arguing over blood packing or blood doping as some call it. I mentioned that I knew the human Dr. who was at the inception of the idea and he was involved with a Tbred guy and they went out trying to sell it to equine trainers. I knew him but never messed with that crap, Something like taking blood out, loading it with platelets or oxygen or something and putting it back in. apparently it is dangerous and it is a well you can not go to often.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2023, 07:57:40 AM »
Definitely not a trot guy. Just the greatest trainer of pacers ever. His list of World Champipons, major races won and Meadowlands training titles/career earnings is staggering.He is 8th all time AFTER missing a decade. Shoulda been in the HOF over a decade ago but the powers that be will fuck him until he dies just like Columbus has done to Tony Morgan.

Who broke and trained this horse through his 2 year old campaign ?????

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2023, 08:50:37 AM »
Read it and weep shit for brains. No severe reactions. God, you are a stupid fuck.

https://www.vet.upenn.edu/about/news-room/bellwether/new-bolton-post/winter-2015/blood-transfusion-story#:~:text=Unlike%20humans%2C%20who%20have%20just,e%2C%20f%2C%20or%20g.
You need to read what you researched or have someone read it to you dumbo.
This is directly from your research article. How if you have such a transfusion would you be able to race the horse.

transfusions with crossmatched incompatible blood were more likely to have fevers during and after blood transfusion. None of the horses had reactions that were severe or life-threatening. We concluded that crossmatch incompatibility was predictive of febrile transfusion reaction and shortened transfused red blood cell survival. Therefore, we recommended that crossmatch testing be performed prior to transfusions in horses, whenever feasible. However, if a well-matched donor is not available or cannot be identified, transfusion of incompatible whole blood can be considered in life-threatening conditions.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • dougie: Old and tired, i still feel bad about Freehold closing.
    September 19, 2024, 12:47:09 PM
  • Papillon: changing diapers together
    September 05, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
  • Minjae: Where are Jen Bongiorno and the white knight?
    September 05, 2024, 12:28:36 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Sure was a gift, Dougie. I was happy to see him race, and win
    August 31, 2024, 04:11:00 PM
  • dougie: 2-1 0n Charlie May was a gift!!!!!
    August 31, 2024, 11:49:19 AM
  • Demples: Binkley
    August 29, 2024, 05:42:52 AM
  • Albatross77: I hope he goes down fucking hard!!
    August 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: You better pray good boy!
    August 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal