Author Topic: Bill Elliott  (Read 2253 times)

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
Bill Elliott
« on: October 11, 2023, 01:13:33 PM »
He’s not impressed with Confederate, he’s breeding UCANDOIT BLUE CHIP
to the Captain

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
Re: Bill Elliott
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2023, 01:21:31 PM »
He’s not impressed with Confederate, he’s breeding UCANDOIT BLUE CHIP
to the Captain

Might be the fact that she’s a Keystone Velocity, a son of Western Hanover. And Confederate is inbred as fuck to Western Hanover. Add in the captain is a sure fire hit in the sales ring and does well with western hanover line mares it makes sense to go to him.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2023, 01:32:41 PM »
Yeah that’s it. That’s why Confederate so good Hillbilly inbreeding

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2023, 02:00:51 PM »
Might be the fact that she’s a Keystone Velocity, a son of Western Hanover. And Confederate is inbred as fuck to Western Hanover. Add in the captain is a sure fire hit in the sales ring and does well with western hanover line mares it makes sense to go to him.
I see Western Hanover on the dams side of Confederate a couple times but none on the male side.  So inbred as fuck ... not really imo. Breeding this mare to him would produce the inbreeding so the Captain makes more sense.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 02:03:55 PM by The Thorn »

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2023, 02:17:15 PM »
captain is a proven commodity
if you own the mare you want the first one or two foals to be given the best chance to be  something great,
can always experiment with other sires  for year 3 etc if desired

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2023, 03:10:49 PM »
I see Western Hanover on the dams side of Confederate a couple times but none on the male side.  So inbred as fuck ... not really imo. Breeding this mare to him would produce the inbreeding so the Captain makes more sense.
3 Crosses to western Hanover/half sibling. 3x3x5 on Confederate himself. Thats inbred to western Hanover a lot closer than most will go. So you'd be looking at 3x4x4x6 and because Western Hanover shows up on so many pedigrees, if you get a filly from the breedings theres not a lot of places to go.

Theres a 1000 ways to breed horses though, and I am a huge Confederate fan, but I would not breed that particular filly to him. 

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2023, 04:54:46 PM »
First off Confederate is not inbred to Western Hanover at all.  Sweet Lou carries no Western Hanover blood. Geothermal, Confederate's dam, is a 4x2 cross to Western Hanover and a 3x3 cross to Wendymae Hanover, she being the dam of Western Hanover and the 2nd. dam of A Rocknroll Dance -- that's where all the Western Hanover blood comes from -- his dam. The closest sire/dam cross Confederate has is 5x4 to Abercrombie and 5x4 to No Nukes. Breeding a daughter of Keystone Velocity (Ucandoitbluechip) to Confederate would produce a 4x3 cross to Western Hanover which is far from being inbred.  The cross comes from Confederate's 2nd. dam being a daughter of Western and Ucan's sire being a son of Western. It's actually not a bad cross, bringing Western blood (Keystone Velocity) back to the sire's (Confederate) dam's side.

wiseowl

• Open / FFA
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2023, 05:30:58 PM »
Please give me all the inbred like Confederate you guys keep the others.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2023, 05:33:59 PM »
 tmbz1

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2023, 06:59:57 PM »
there is no magic formula , that's what makes it fun
breed the best you have to the best you can afford and hope for the best

Foalin at 4

• Open / FFA
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2023, 07:34:54 PM »

Confederate
3x5 Western Hanover
4x5 Abercrombie
4x5 No Nukes
5x5 Albatross
5x5 Meadow Skipper
5x5 Oil Burner

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2023, 07:49:13 PM »
First off Confederate is not inbred to Western Hanover at all.  Sweet Lou carries no Western Hanover blood. Geothermal, Confederate's dam, is a 4x2 cross to Western Hanover and a 3x3 cross to Wendymae Hanover, she being the dam of Western Hanover and the 2nd. dam of A Rocknroll Dance -- that's where all the Western Hanover blood comes from -- his dam. The closest sire/dam cross Confederate has is 5x4 to Abercrombie and 5x4 to No Nukes. Breeding a daughter of Keystone Velocity (Ucandoitbluechip) to Confederate would produce a 4x3 cross to Western Hanover which is far from being inbred.  The cross comes from Confederate's 2nd. dam being a daughter of Western and Ucan's sire being a son of Western. It's actually not a bad cross, bringing Western blood (Keystone Velocity) back to the sire's (Confederate) dam's side.

I don’t think you’re wrong on the idea, but I still think it’d be the wrong way to go. Shuts off too many breeding options in the future to go back to something that close.

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2023, 07:51:15 PM »

Confederate
3x5 Western Hanover
4x5 Abercrombie
4x5 No Nukes
5x5 Albatross
5x5 Meadow Skipper
5x5 Oil Burner

The 3x5 actually 5x3 to Western Hanover is ALL on the dam's side -- she's 4x2 to Western Hanover. Sweet Lou has no Western blood so Confederate's closest cross is the 5x4 Abercrombie and 5x4 No Nukes.  His dam also has a 3x3 cross to Wendymae Hanover -- the dam of Western and 2nd. dam of A Rocknroll Dance.

Foalin at 4

• Open / FFA
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2023, 08:06:34 PM »
The 3x5 actually 5x3 to Western Hanover is ALL on the dam's side -- she's 4x2 to Western Hanover. Sweet Lou has no Western blood so Confederate's closest cross is the 5x4 Abercrombie and 5x4 No Nukes.  His dam also has a 3x3 cross to Wendymae Hanover -- the dam of Western and 2nd. dam of A Rocknroll Dance.

Thats a good one, never heard of a 5x3

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2023, 08:36:25 PM »
I don’t think you’re wrong on the idea, but I still think it’d be the wrong way to go. Shuts off too many breeding options in the future to go back to something that close.

I respect your opinion, but a 4x2 Western Hanover cross certainly didn't hurt Confederate's dam's opportunity, and with an abundance of SBSW line sires, many without Western blood, I don't think a 4x3 Western Hanover  filly would have a hard time finding an outcross stallion. Anyway, it's fun to swap theories.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • dougie: Old and tired, i still feel bad about Freehold closing.
    September 19, 2024, 12:47:09 PM
  • Papillon: changing diapers together
    September 05, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
  • Minjae: Where are Jen Bongiorno and the white knight?
    September 05, 2024, 12:28:36 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Sure was a gift, Dougie. I was happy to see him race, and win
    August 31, 2024, 04:11:00 PM
  • dougie: 2-1 0n Charlie May was a gift!!!!!
    August 31, 2024, 11:49:19 AM
  • Demples: Binkley
    August 29, 2024, 05:42:52 AM
  • Albatross77: I hope he goes down fucking hard!!
    August 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: You better pray good boy!
    August 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal