Author Topic: Jeopardy Category  (Read 4572 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Meadow Ford

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1064
Jeopardy Category
« on: October 18, 2023, 06:03:02 PM »
Today on Jeopardy.
The Category,  Racing.
The quarter pole is two furlongs from the ?
What is your answer?
Harness Racing gets no respect!
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

Bitter Truth

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2628
Re: Jeopardy Category
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2023, 06:10:46 PM »
What is starting line.

Fuguzzi

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3104
Re: Jeopardy Category
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2023, 06:14:13 PM »
The half mile marker.

old guy

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1217
Re: Jeopardy Category
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2023, 06:17:57 PM »
Both

theokodjak26

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1162
Re: Jeopardy Category
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2023, 06:19:43 PM »
Who cares?  73cv.2

Fuguzzi

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3104
Re: Jeopardy Category
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2023, 06:19:59 PM »
only reason I didn't say both is that the finish line isn't exactly the starting point anymore.

But, of course it it essentially both.

Meadow Ford

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1064
Re: Jeopardy Category
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2023, 06:22:49 PM »
Racing!
Why did I post that Harness Racing gets no respect?
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

Bitter Truth

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2628
Re: Jeopardy Category
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2023, 06:30:56 PM »
So you are not going to give the answer?

Meadow Ford

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1064
Re: Jeopardy Category
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2023, 06:31:28 PM »
The contestant said "What is the finish line".
Did she get the money?
Is it the same for both Flat and harness?
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

Meadow Ford

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1064
Re: Jeopardy Category
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2023, 06:33:46 PM »
So you are not going to give the answer?
Yes, but not right now.
Maybe more would like to answer.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

Bitter Truth

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2628
Re: Jeopardy Category
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2023, 06:37:09 PM »
I can see that..It's either a quarter from the start or quarter from finish, both could be called the 1/4 pole..Bottom klne, there are 8 furlongs in a mile...So obviously half mile is definitely incorrect.

Dingus

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1613
Re: Jeopardy Category
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2023, 06:43:52 PM »
Tbreds- 1/4 pole is top of stretch, 1/4 from finish.  Furlongs are used in the terminology.
Sbreds- 1/4 mile after the start.  Furlongs not used in the terminology.

firhill

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 451
Re: Jeopardy Category
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2023, 10:55:28 PM »
T'Breds--The distances are counted down from start to finish
Standies--The distances are counted up from start to finish

Bitter Truth

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2628
Re: Jeopardy Category
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2023, 08:48:05 AM »
ok so here's a t-bred race..there off..they go 2 furlongs...they put up a time...what point did they pass to post that time? Sure seems like the qtr pole to me. But I also realize the announcer will also say near top of the stretch  something like 'As they come past the qtr pole."..so  as I say both could be correct.

Meadow Ford

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1064
Re: Jeopardy Category
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2023, 05:46:47 PM »
Today on Jeopardy.
The Category,  Racing.
The quarter pole is two furlongs from the ?
What is your answer?
Harness Racing gets no respect!
The contestant said "What is the finish line"?
The correct Tbred answer.
They gave her a correct and the money.
I wonder what they would have said if she had answered "What is the starting line"?
IMHO the right Sbred answer.

The show used the Tbred answer, that is why I said
"Harness Racing gets no respect".
The show also had a question where the correct answer was "What is a claiming race".

I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • JT: No kidding.. right Dougie
    Today at 11:53:19 AM
  • dougie: JT.....Get us a "hot"horse. LOL!
    Today at 11:50:33 AM
  • JT: I might have to take him up on that..roughly 3 to 4 hour drive for me ;D
    Today at 11:28:30 AM
  • JT: He said if I ever wanted to go to come knocking on his door and he would hook me up tmbz1..he said you gotta wear a shirt and tie. I said we'll I wouldn't go in these clothes..my clothes are covered in paint ngc3
    Today at 11:26:47 AM
  • JT: Funny story..the house I am working on now, the next door neighbor came out and was rocking a Keeneland t-shirt. We chatted for a bit. He has friends that own some and they have a permanent spot in the clubhouse
    Today at 11:24:54 AM
  • Trigger: "we were training here."  End of discussion G, why you're an irrelovant, an anonymous coward, a liar extroidnaire...no one here of any consequence believes you or ever will.  But you keep seeking to convince our lying eyes  ngc3
    Today at 11:18:41 AM
  • wiggles44: Calm down Mike
    Today at 11:15:26 AM
  • G: They told me last winter was fabulous while all the tracks and farms were shut down they were training
    Today at 11:15:12 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal