Author Topic: No BC Talk  (Read 6334 times)

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
Re: No BC Talk
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2023, 12:15:31 AM »
Hoosier is NOT a place for the Breeder's Crown and the USTA has to get their act together and realize that.  The Kentucky Derby, the Preakness, and the Belmont, are all at the same tracks for a reason as the Breeder's Crown should ALWAYS be at the Meadowlands, as it is the most successful night time betting track in the country.  Hoosier is not going to promote harness racing. Woodbine is not as successful either as the Meadowlands is for these stakes races.  The Hambletonian has been and always should be, at the Meadowlands as well.
Right on point

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2023, 02:00:53 AM »
I don't get how horses were pacing or trotting 25 to 26 to the quarter and thru a turn and then 29 to 30 the next quarter in a straightaway race after race. I saw their manes blowing a bit but were they racing into a gale wind down the back? i know a few of you were there. Was it crazy windy?  Consequently being pushed home a bit? What's up ?

The Doctor

• NW-1
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2023, 02:21:48 AM »
I was there, windy but not crazy, unless the unprotected areas were much windier. Actually the wind did pick up until half way through the card.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2023, 02:23:56 AM »
 tmbz1

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2023, 04:37:12 AM »
My observations fwiw:

1.) Confederate definitely had issues with the surface; he threw in some extra steps and was not getting good "hold"...I am sure Brett will have a farrier there in no time flat and then they will very carefully check the weather report and how the surface plays the night before he races.

2.) I have to believe that there are a lot of owners who are really upset that their horses either did not get to pick their post positions (by not winning) or make it out of the eliminations (by not finishing high enough) due to their drivers not pulling a right line through a 59 second or 1 minute middle half, while their horse was sitting 4, 5, 6 or worse.  I think it was Fug who asked whether these drivers were carrying stopwatches?? GREAT question...what were they thinking?? Too many turned it into a last 3/8 or 1/4 sprint and even if one had the horse capable of racing the fastest mile, that horse may not have been capable of sprinting the fastest..too many to name.

3.) There is no doubt that "home track" horses performed better than they might have been handicapped:....Coach Stefanos, Dashing Danny, Ponda Warrior, Helpfirstedition

4.) Logan Park has been a monster up at Woodbine and looked very solid today.  Alrajah One IT better have his best game next week!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2023, 09:35:55 AM »
Here comes Fug!

Totally agree about Confederate ( and many others over the 2 nights' festivities ) having a difficult time with the track. He seemed a bit uncomfortable pushing off and then he violently shook his head as they straightened out down the back. He hit a very good gear grinding to the leaders but it seemed like it took him longer to cover the ground than usual. Completely agree a very good farrier will be imported to fix things.

My stopwatch comment was actually more of a comment and rather snarky than a question, when someone asked why the horses were going these pedestrian halves. These guys know exactly how fast they are going quarter by quarter almost to the step, so I was kinda saying maybe they needed to carry stop watches like all the drivers used to hit the oolldd days.

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2023, 10:19:55 AM »
Shout out to Lucpark for running Frankie Frankie.

He wasn't far off Coach S this year and I hope we see him next year in the LP stable.

Small, achieveable 3 to 4 improvement sees him competitive at a high level next year.

Sporting, class guy Lucpark is.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2023, 10:34:01 AM »
The last two nights have shown just how boring racing on big tracks is. Put those same races on a 5/8 or 1/2 and they would have been much more exciting.
  your a fckin idiot..

REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2023, 10:35:56 AM »
agreed
that stretch is just too long

your a bigger fckin nitwit for agreeing with the first jackass

track is to long what u want short track racing where winner is determined by a draw ..

learn the fckin game shithead ..

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2023, 10:37:27 AM »
Shout out to Lucpark for running Frankie Frankie.

He wasn't far off Coach S this year and I hope we see him next year in the LP stable.

Small, achieveable 3 to 4 improvement sees him competitive at a high level next year.

Sporting, class guy Lucpark is.

he not been himslef for about three weeks ,,ran great in last leg of sires and race before  but came up empty last 2 races,,,

this game will break your heart and wallet

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2023, 11:02:25 AM »
watch the races you dick
the track causes horses to get too far spread out
you need a track like the big m where the turn can allow them to bunch up and have some exciting finishes

seems you have a bias and love for that track , but it sucks

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2023, 12:01:54 PM »
 tmbz1 tmbz1 to your second paragraph especially

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2023, 12:35:06 PM »
Wizard..You are 'CLUELESS'! ,,"Hambletonian has always been a the Meadowlands" 73cv.2 ...Try Syracuse State Fair, Lexington, Goshen Good Time Park, Empire, Race Track, + DuQuoin  BEFORE it went to M[1]

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2023, 12:44:46 PM »
I believe it has to be on a track where they go around 2 turns.

SDST2009

• Open / FFA
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2023, 01:39:42 PM »
Hoosier is NOT a place for the Breeder's Crown and the USTA has to get their act together and realize that.  The Kentucky Derby, the Preakness, and the Belmont, are all at the same tracks for a reason as the Breeder's Crown should ALWAYS be at the Meadowlands, as it is the most successful night time betting track in the country.  Hoosier is not going to promote harness racing. Woodbine is not as successful either as the Meadowlands is for these stakes races.  The Hambletonian has been and always should be, at the Meadowlands as well.

I honestly don't agree with this. I think it should be at a different track all the time. The Breeder's Cups move, do they not?

ETA: With the stipulation that it be a 5/8s track or bigger. I can see that a half mile would be problematic for the reasons of draw, etc.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 01:46:10 PM by SDST2009 »

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • SwankToliverA: Anyone see Cleveland Big J go down, 12th at Northfield? I was watching and never saw it
    June 24, 2024, 10:28:21 PM
  • Indian24: What about Northville?
    June 19, 2024, 05:16:54 PM
  • justskipit69: northville
    June 18, 2024, 08:07:19 PM
  • Calhoun: Royale Ascot meet Tues-Sat.. 9:30 am first post. Great, great week.
    June 17, 2024, 08:15:39 PM
  • SwankToliverA: What about him?
    June 13, 2024, 12:18:31 AM
  • Loserbob: Rene allard
    June 11, 2024, 08:02:07 PM
  • M P: BREAKING NEWS: Ploptwats are outwardly angry that pictures of horses they trash are posted on Plop...
    June 10, 2024, 10:11:17 PM
  • M P: Breaking News: Members of Horseplop state killing Standardbreds is perfectly fine. Stay tuned for more.
    June 10, 2024, 05:21:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal