Author Topic: Jenny Bon Bon, the non-trainer, in the crosshairs of HHU  (Read 15178 times)

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
Re: Jenny Bon Bon, the non-trainer, in the crosshairs of HHU
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2023, 08:06:33 PM »
The only person who believes Jenn can or does train is Jenn. Anytime you listen to a interview with her it’s clear she knows little. But not one racing commission cares. If she was , pick a trainer Allard, Banca, , Oakes , Carl Conte’s daughter , at the very least the buffoonery that is Meadowlands, TD, & VD would refuse their entries. But this is the state of racing. As long as the people winning are perceived to be the ones that should win then all is good.
Just look at the Crawford’s & Now DC/ AB

comeonman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2023, 08:07:13 PM »
Gary contessa...Alan seewald....Tony quaterrolla....ma ny more I can name....ask them what they think....

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2023, 08:16:25 PM »
The only person who believes Jenn can or does train is Jenn. Anytime you listen to a interview with her it’s clear she knows little. But not one racing commission cares. If she was , pick a trainer Allard, Banca, , Oakes , Carl Conte’s daughter , at the very least the buffoonery that is Meadowlands, TD, & VD would refuse their entries. But this is the state of racing. As long as the people winning are perceived to be the ones that should win then all is good.
Just look at the Crawford’s & Now DC/ AB

Crawford Farms and Diamond Creek should be brought before the USTA and memberships revoked. but they wont because of the ad stream dollars and the "supposed" good they do to keep the industry afloat. Bowdens a sniveling bitch that want to be an Antonaucci  and will never be.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2023, 08:21:01 PM »
But back to Jen ass up and that gap toothed smile.  ;D
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

wisha roder

• Top Claimer
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2023, 08:40:45 PM »
This not about Jen but response to last post...harness trainers know 100times more about a horse than t bred trainers...they do nothing except rely on others....hey bud go twoMiles jog today...see u in barn....harness trainers hands on....t bred trainers can't breath the sa m e air as harness trainers....I can go on and on
Agree.  Had a business associate who started grooming standardbreds out of high school and then later on rehabbed thoroughbreds.  She always said she learned everything about working on legs from her days with standardbreds but the broken down t-breds kept her in business. I've never been much impressed with t-bred trainers.  I even new one that used to chase his horses up and down a long paddock with a 4 wheeler.

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2023, 10:17:31 AM »
Quote"
"A driver get's approved and he starts with Qua / Fair License then goes to P then to A.  If your a trainer you just give out a few Bj's and your training 20-40 head at Meadowlands next week"

Seems reasonable to me!
 73cv.2
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

bond

• Elite
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2023, 11:37:58 AM »
This is such BS--and shows just how petty and jealous some members of this Sport can be.
Guess how many trainers-DONT actually sit behind their horses??? Is it only Jen?? BS-there are many.
How does Ron Burke for eg sit behind the 300 horses he trains-and spread out over 4-5 States?? Hes down as "trainer" on all of them. Boggles my mind no one actually knows who actually sits behind jogs and trains nearly all of his horses--so doesnt seem to bother anyone--except if its Jen??  In fact---how many Tbred trainers actually "ride" their horses?? Think Baffert,Pletcher  etc ride their horses--no---none of them.
A monkey could jog a horse if you train it--in fact--motorized monkeys--actually train and race Camels.
So--if you boil it down--the most important part of being a horse trainer--is NOT if you sit behind it and jog and train it---BUT how you manage it--how you run your barn,how you handle the wellbeing of your horse-how you classify it etc etc
Thats where people like Burke, Baffert,Pletcher--outshine the rest.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2023, 11:55:27 AM »
this last one brings up a valid point
what is the definition of a standardbred trainer
i do agree that you do not need to actually sit behind a horse to be considered a trainer
for example what if a current standardbred trainer was injured or back was so bad they could not jog horses
should they then lose their license or could they still train based on knowledge and have someone else jog and this guy watches them go

the issue here clearly is that we all assume she is just bearding for her dad or some other trainer of ill repute, that's what pisses us off

bond

• Elite
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2023, 12:22:07 PM »
AAAh---Mr JUg--OK--if THATS the concern--she is actually "bearding"--then I would assume that would mean-she has nothing or v little to do with the running of the Bongiorno Barn--and others are actually doing everything .
Ive been to the Bongiorno Barn-and seen them on occasions---Jen was always there--in fact with training suit on. She knows everything about every horse in the barn.When they sell one--Jen is the one you talk to-and she shows you the horse if you come to look at it.Jen handles the operations for running the stable. Goes to the races on many occasions to be with the horses also. I call total BS-that she is a "beard".
Joe actually trains and helps jog the horses when he can--although there are many days when hes not there at all. He cant be down as "trainer" because if Joe got days driving-he then cant be trainer either and horses dont race.Thats not fair on their owners.
So IMHO--its a family operation--no one is bearding for anyone--end of story.

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2023, 01:08:53 PM »
AAAh---Mr JUg--OK--if THATS the concern--she is actually "bearding"--then I would assume that would mean-she has nothing or v little to do with the running of the Bongiorno Barn--and others are actually doing everything .

so where does her active duties begin and end ?

Was she one the hitting the horses with ethamsylate  ?? Now the stable has four positives   11.wp
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 01:14:12 PM by dinkadoo »

tumbleweed

• Open / FFA
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2023, 01:15:24 PM »
You are wrong Bond. If Joe gets days for driving it has nothing to do with his training status. He can still train and race horses so it has no affect on the owners. The other side is if he gets a positive training it will have an affect on the barn.

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2023, 01:39:52 PM »
There aren't many days that Ronnie isn't sitting behind horses, Could be at any of the training centers or Tracks they're at. If he's in town he's at the Meadows or the farm.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2023, 01:47:22 PM »
Will Joe be able to take over training with both father and sister on the list ??  Lots of interesting things to watch.

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2023, 01:53:24 PM »
Will Joe be able to take over training with both father and sister on the list ??  Lots of interesting things to watch.
Anymore Bongo's in the bloodline to take over the training duties since Dad and Sis now have positives .....

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2023, 02:05:17 PM »
Only at Big M, they'll take a page from Surick and flood the box at freehold. I hope they follow him right to prision.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • SwankToliverA: Anyone see Cleveland Big J go down, 12th at Northfield? I was watching and never saw it
    June 24, 2024, 10:28:21 PM
  • Indian24: What about Northville?
    June 19, 2024, 05:16:54 PM
  • justskipit69: northville
    June 18, 2024, 08:07:19 PM
  • Calhoun: Royale Ascot meet Tues-Sat.. 9:30 am first post. Great, great week.
    June 17, 2024, 08:15:39 PM
  • SwankToliverA: What about him?
    June 13, 2024, 12:18:31 AM
  • Loserbob: Rene allard
    June 11, 2024, 08:02:07 PM
  • M P: BREAKING NEWS: Ploptwats are outwardly angry that pictures of horses they trash are posted on Plop...
    June 10, 2024, 10:11:17 PM
  • M P: Breaking News: Members of Horseplop state killing Standardbreds is perfectly fine. Stay tuned for more.
    June 10, 2024, 05:21:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal