Author Topic: The Cream of the Crop  (Read 5876 times)

Fuguzzi

• Elite
The Cream of the Crop
« on: October 28, 2023, 11:56:40 PM »
When all is said and done the night belongs to Svanstedt, Pelling, Burke and Takter. Congrats to all! Tonight was thoroughly enjoyable!

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
Re: The Cream of the Crop
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2023, 12:02:20 AM »
no melander???

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2023, 02:15:42 AM »
When people say dumb shit like Melander is heading back to Sweden "with his tail between his legs" I call them out. It is rubbish.

His barn definitely tailed off second half of the season, but he will still earn 4.5 million this year in just over 400 starts. that puts him top 10 among his peers.

My point was, 3 year olds and up, all roads still go through the Big 4.

People were on here actually predicting Stefano blah, blah, blah would beat Confederate and so on

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2023, 06:16:48 AM »
When people say dumb shit like Melander is heading back to Sweden "with his tail between his legs" I call them out. It is rubbish.

His barn definitely tailed off second half of the season, but he will still earn 4.5 million this year in just over 400 starts. that puts him top 10 among his peers.

My point was, 3 year olds and up, all roads still go through the Big 4.

People were on here actually predicting Stefano blah, blah, blah would beat Confederate and so on
Idk I still think its happening right in front of your eyes.
You have no idea how much money went into that 4 million

He's had at least 4 600ks make less than 100k
And has at least 15 he paid 200k for that have made less than a third of it back.
Name any horse he has that's going well.
I can name you 10 400k horses he's had that never made 30k on thr track the last 3 years.
Name ANY trainer with that much wasted capital.
Now we are talking real numbers. Go ahead

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2023, 08:16:47 AM »
i cant argue with you purple, facts are facts
he has been given all the horsepower and not delivered of late

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2023, 09:26:09 AM »
I agree with his completely lackluster performance over all this year. As far as another trainer given the resources and failing to deliver, I can only offer up Erv Miller from what people say on here. I dont really care what owners spend and don't follow the whole breeding/yearling sales routine very closely. This forum is my main source of info on that topic.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2023, 09:58:37 AM »
Pelling, he won one BC under cloudy ownership activities

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2023, 12:38:30 PM »
Ake and Sarah definitely know what they are doing! Not only do they race well but they also look like the opitame of the perfect race horse! The methods that they employ result in classy looking specimens  as well! tmbz1

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2023, 04:24:31 PM »
I have never in my life seen a barn where every horse he puts on the track is rigged as simply or balanced as perfectly as ake's. They go all day long, are so beautiful and muscled and just float effortlessly. Their individual leg action is flawless. He now dwarfs all over the great European and a few domestic trainers and I have seen them all. Wins a lot of races in the bike too for a guy "that can't drive" That's how great his stock is.

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2023, 04:39:05 PM »
Four Breeders Crowns and 2 seconds over the weekend.  The week before Nine in a row grade 2 stakes races at Pocono.  Doesn't matter if he drives or not, they are all fit and can leave the gate for position.  No one else like him. 

onabrake

• Open / FFA
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2023, 04:40:52 PM »
I have never in my life seen a barn where every horse he puts on the track is rigged as simply or balanced as perfectly as ake's. They go all day long, are so beautiful and muscled and just float effortlessly. Their individual leg action is flawless. He now dwarfs all over the great European and a few domestic trainers and I have seen them all. Wins a lot of races in the bike too for a guy "that can't drive" That's how great his stock is.

On top of all of that, all his horses can be bet from two year olds on up, no matter if it is their first start of the year or not, because he puts his horses on the track ready to win. He trains them hard and they are ready when they hit the track. Breaking stride...... almost never, including his two years olds. He has had a couple of driving gaffs over the years, but is more than capable and have not hesitated to bet a horse because he is driving.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2023, 04:52:45 PM »
 tmbz1  and once in a while you get a little better price like last night 11.wp

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2023, 05:16:08 PM »
The cream of the crop is Ron Burke. His horses have earned 25 million this year and he does it with pacers and trotters, young and old and now he is winning big stakes with homebreds. He isn't at Lexington and Harrisburg bidding 300K or more for a yearling like Takter, Svanstadt, Toscano and others are. His operation is amazing.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 05:17:53 PM by MIKE CAMPBELL »

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2023, 05:24:15 PM »
The cream of the crop is Ron Burke. His horses have earned 25 million this year and he does it with pacers and trotters, young and old and now he is winning big stakes with homebreds. He isn't at Lexington and Harrisburg bidding 300K or more for a yearling like Takter, Svanstadt, Toscano and others are. His operation is amazing.
Burke bought 13 at Lexington with an average price of $97k. He has had his share of high priced yearlings. Usually start with over 80 every year. Besides the 150+ race horses in his barns

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2023, 05:25:33 PM »
Burke bought 13 at Lexington with an average price of $97k. He has had his share of high priced yearlings. Usually start with over 80 every year. Besides the 150+ race horses in his barns
Thanks for the info.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • SwankToliverA: Anyone see Cleveland Big J go down, 12th at Northfield? I was watching and never saw it
    June 24, 2024, 10:28:21 PM
  • Indian24: What about Northville?
    June 19, 2024, 05:16:54 PM
  • justskipit69: northville
    June 18, 2024, 08:07:19 PM
  • Calhoun: Royale Ascot meet Tues-Sat.. 9:30 am first post. Great, great week.
    June 17, 2024, 08:15:39 PM
  • SwankToliverA: What about him?
    June 13, 2024, 12:18:31 AM
  • Loserbob: Rene allard
    June 11, 2024, 08:02:07 PM
  • M P: BREAKING NEWS: Ploptwats are outwardly angry that pictures of horses they trash are posted on Plop...
    June 10, 2024, 10:11:17 PM
  • M P: Breaking News: Members of Horseplop state killing Standardbreds is perfectly fine. Stay tuned for more.
    June 10, 2024, 05:21:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal