Author Topic: Freddie Hudson's book "Superfecta Trial"  (Read 4558 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SeattleSlew

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 701
Freddie Hudson's book "Superfecta Trial"
« on: November 28, 2023, 11:05:10 PM »
Has anyone read this?  Worth the time?  I lived through it all, as I was on Long Island for those years, so knew all of the meeting places and also many of the people involved.. but not sure this adds anything to what I probably know??

Harness Stats

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1262
Re: Freddie Hudson's book "Superfecta Trial"
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2023, 11:31:45 PM »
Rolla has an interview with him about it on one of his podcasts.  I never read it.

Generation XYZ

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3573
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
Re: Freddie Hudson's book "Superfecta Trial"
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2023, 08:04:21 AM »
I read a small portion of it. But hard for this Gen XYZ to follow without some knowledge of the time and players. Would not put it on a best sellers list anytime soon. ngc3
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Sam R

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2456
Re: Freddie Hudson's book "Superfecta Trial"
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2023, 11:11:35 AM »
I read bought and read it. Nothing that I didn't already know. It was slanted toward drivers didn't do it. Benny used to call Richie for many years after.

seen2much

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2989
Re: Freddie Hudson's book "Superfecta Trial"
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2023, 12:14:32 PM »
I'm thinking about ordering & reading it. I didn't follow Harness racing closely at the that time.

kantseeback

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4447
  • TDS HAS INFESTED THIS PLACE LIKE A ROACH NEST
Re: Freddie Hudson's book "Superfecta Trial"
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2023, 12:20:04 PM »
Rolla has an interview with him about it on one of his podcasts.  I never read it.
When you mentioned Rolla it brought back memories at Monti back in the day. I saw Rolla quite a few times going through the back door of the paddock into the grandstand ground floor, to bet?

LAW AND ORDER

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 935
Re: Freddie Hudson's book "Superfecta Trial"
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2023, 05:11:43 PM »
When you mentioned Rolla it brought back memories at Monti back in the day. I saw Rolla quite a few times going through the back door of the paddock into the grandstand ground floor, to bet?
YEAH ROLLA USED TO BE A GOOD FISH. BEENY AND HERVE WOULD GIVE HIM FAKE NUMBERS AND THEN GIVE THEIR GUYS THE REAL NUMBERS AND ROLLA WAS ALWAYS GOOD TO BUILD UP THE POOLS. POOR GUY COULDNT WIN A FIXED RACE. ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A MAJOR PLAYER AND THE BOYS JUST USED HIM AS A COFFEE AND DONUTS RUNNER
RIVERS CASINO #1! WORLD CLASS SMOKE FREE AND KEEPS THE RIFF RAFF OUT!

Generation XYZ

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3573
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
Re: Freddie Hudson's book "Superfecta Trial"
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2023, 06:36:40 PM »
Freddie Hudson lost my viewership featuring World Class Asshole Greg Peck on numerous PODCASTS.  Real Sickos even if it was for laughs.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Harness Stats

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1262
Re: Freddie Hudson's book "Superfecta Trial"
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2023, 09:03:24 PM »
Here's a link to the Rolla podcast where he interviewed Freddie about the book

https://youtu.be/6uvH3JeUePA

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • JT: tmbz1
    Today at 08:51:35 PM
  • dougie: Good luck gambling tomorrow. Great card at Belmont!
    Today at 08:51:31 PM
  • JT: Who knows, they've scored 3 points against the Patriots the week  before ngc3
    Today at 08:51:21 PM
  • dougie: Off for my walk! Have a great night my friend!
    Today at 08:50:59 PM
  • JT: Yup stay clear.. if I wasn't a Steelers fan I'd slam the Browns moneyline
    Today at 08:50:08 PM
  • dougie: Jell with the offense I meant. LOL!
    Today at 08:49:40 PM
  • dougie: i watched the last game and I thought the Steelers were very hyped up that game. I think Rogers is starting to hell with the offense. If the o line offers him some protection, he'll carve up that defende.
    Today at 08:49:22 PM
  • JT: The Browns suck..agreed.. but Pittsburgh is awful on Thursday night road games and at Cleveland since Big Ben retired
    Today at 08:48:57 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal