Author Topic: do horsemen wanna cheat their owners? and  (Read 4561 times)

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
Re: do horsemen wanna cheat their owners? and
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2023, 03:19:40 PM »
Absolutely they cheat their owners. I worked for a trainer who was telling his owner his horse was training down good and the PSOB had not been out of his stall in a month due to a chip in his knee.

Finally, after a couple months of collecting a training bill for standing in his stall he told him he sored up and was done and he should get rid of him and claim something else! Which he did! Never the wiser!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 03:21:15 PM by Kirby's Ace »
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2023, 03:44:41 PM »
Sorry but trainers today will refer to you as slow pay. None of my business but I just don’t understand why you hold the bill for 4 days? You can always take care of any errors the following month. Give the trainer their  money

Thank you for your words of wisdom. I’ll check with my trainer and see if there is a change in plan on how they conduct their business!

Raging pace

• 4 claimer
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2023, 04:46:14 PM »
Absolutely some trainers cheat their owners. I knew a guy that had a horse being trained and racing at Yonkers. The owner lived about 5 hours away, would just pay the bill every month. Couple months in a row, trainer tells owner horse is having problems and he had 5 vets looking at horse. Vet bill was like $20,000 a month for 2 months. Owner finally realized and found out, vets were writing fake vet bills and splitting the payment from the owner with the trainer. Not good if you don’t come around barns to actually see if your horse is being trained and taken care of properly.

JUICEJUNKIES

• Living Legend
  • ↑↑↑Dan Nance, a classic↑↑↑
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2023, 05:23:27 PM »
The sad part is that many trainers “cheat” their owners in the shipping and other incidentals and these owners don’t care.  If they don’t question their bills, then they get what they deserve! 

If I have a question about a bill, I ask. FYI, I send a check out to pay my bill usually within 96 hours after receiving it!

YOU DON’T OWN SHIT

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2023, 05:55:11 PM »
YOU DON’T OWN SHIT

Are you bored JJ?

Too bad you’re wrong JJ!  I thank you for putting your 2 cents in on this thread!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 05:56:47 PM by rainman2 »

IL guy is retired

• Stakes Horse
  • horses make the humans not the other way around
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2023, 06:40:20 PM »
As in any aspect...some trainers do and always do. MOST so not. If the owner is doing well it makes everyone and everything better. As an aside, whoever thinks having a bill paid in full in 4 days is "slow"....probably has never sent a bill.  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
Horses make the humans, not the other way around.

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2023, 07:11:54 PM »
As in any aspect...some trainers do and always do. MOST so not. If the owner is doing well it makes everyone and everything better. As an aside, whoever thinks having a bill paid in full in 4 days is "slow"....probably has never sent a bill.  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
Another brainwashed low caliber trainer who is begging the owner to pay his bill. Hey why don’t you check with Burke and see if he’ll wait four days to be paid. Top trainers don’t have to kiss ass for owners. Sone of these owners pay one or two months in advance to get into a top barn. So that sums it up that you are an Illinois guy which says you are busted and used to slow or no pay owners. Good for you.
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2023, 07:25:49 PM »
Another brainwashed low caliber trainer who is begging the owner to pay his bill. Hey why don’t you check with Burke and see if he’ll wait four days to be paid. Top trainers don’t have to kiss ass for owners. Sone of these owners pay one or two months in advance to get into a top barn. So that sums it up that you are an Illinois guy which says you are busted and used to slow or no pay owners. Good for you.

All I know is that my trainer hasn’t had to beg me for not paying my bill!!!  I also send other caveats with my bill (extra money for carrots, apples, etc. among other things). 

Thanx for posting!

Jazzman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2023, 10:56:14 PM »
anyone who trains babies must constantly lie to the owners telling them how great their colts are then first week of baby races 90% are duds

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2023, 11:14:05 PM »
YOU DON’T OWN SHIT
i think he owns an organge car

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2023, 11:19:55 PM »
i think he owns an organge car

Looks like you're bored too PORKY I mean PIGLAND!

Yes, orange car 2!

Racing questions please!

Thank you

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2023, 11:45:21 PM »
All I know is that my trainer hasn’t had to beg me for not paying my bill!!!  I also send other caveats with my bill (extra money for carrots, apples, etc. among other things). 

Thanx for posting!
What don’t you understand%? I would hope that your trainer doesn’t have to beg you to pay your bill. Pay your fucking bill just like you pay every single one of your other bills. Your trainer needs to start charging a $30 late fee if you don’t pay by the 2nd of the month. If you don’t pay the bill within 24 hours of receiving it, then there should be a late fee assessed. Again if you send money for apples and carrots that is for your horse and the trainer doesn’t benefit one iota. You are doing that fir YOUR horse so pay the bill for YOUR horse.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2023, 11:52:14 PM »
What don’t you understand%? I would hope that your trainer doesn’t have to beg you to pay your bill. Pay your fucking bill just like you pay every single one of your other bills. Your trainer needs to start charging a $30 late fee if you don’t pay by the 2nd of the month. If you don’t pay the bill within 24 hours of receiving it, then there should be a late fee assessed. Again if you send money for apples and carrots that is for your horse and the trainer doesn’t benefit one iota. You are doing that fir YOUR horse so pay the bill for YOUR horse.

What don't you understand?

Maybe trainers should put all of what you say as disclaimers on their bills!

I pay my bills monthly and my trainer isn't calling/texting me to hurry up, unlike a late mortgage or car payment!

Thank you for your concerns.

Please be someone else's accountant and tell them what they should do with their money and how fast they should pay their bills!

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2023, 12:15:47 AM »

I pay my bills monthly and my trainer isn't calling/texting me to hurry up, unlike a late mortgage or car payment!

Please be someone else's accountant and tell them what they should do with their money and how fast they should pay their bills!
[/quotes you don’t know by now to pay your bills on time then it means you are just another bustout who shouldn’t be in the horse business.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2023, 12:22:07 AM »

[/quotes you don’t know by now to pay your bills on time then it means you are just another bustout who shouldn’t be in the horse business.

Talking about bust-outs?

Take a good look in the mirror and you’ll see who is a bust-out!!

I’m in the business, enjoy myself doing this and I pay my bills!

Please worry about yourself and your own life before you try to dictate other people’s lives especially on horseplop!!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • SwankToliverA: Anyone see Cleveland Big J go down, 12th at Northfield? I was watching and never saw it
    June 24, 2024, 10:28:21 PM
  • Indian24: What about Northville?
    June 19, 2024, 05:16:54 PM
  • justskipit69: northville
    June 18, 2024, 08:07:19 PM
  • Calhoun: Royale Ascot meet Tues-Sat.. 9:30 am first post. Great, great week.
    June 17, 2024, 08:15:39 PM
  • SwankToliverA: What about him?
    June 13, 2024, 12:18:31 AM
  • Loserbob: Rene allard
    June 11, 2024, 08:02:07 PM
  • M P: BREAKING NEWS: Ploptwats are outwardly angry that pictures of horses they trash are posted on Plop...
    June 10, 2024, 10:11:17 PM
  • M P: Breaking News: Members of Horseplop state killing Standardbreds is perfectly fine. Stay tuned for more.
    June 10, 2024, 05:21:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal