Author Topic: from HRU comes an honest observation on cheaters  (Read 4150 times)

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
from HRU comes an honest observation on cheaters
« on: December 31, 2023, 11:29:16 AM »
Thoughtful truth on the need for a plan to remove cheaters from the sport

(In response to Joe Faraldo’s letter in the Dec. 22 issue of HRU):

Wouldn’t it be nice if our USTA leadership would spend as much intellectual muscle on ridding our sport of cheating and animal abuse as what was spent by this author in this article to defend the status quo? A lot of effort here in this article to create a gigantic buffer for reasonable doubt on any effort by anyone to clean this mess up. There is only one reason anyone involved in racing bought EPO, and it wasn’t to win the Tour de France.

Small owners like me are being pushed out of the business by the protective umbrella provided by the status quo and breeders to protect cheating. We all know what and who is under the umbrella. People that cheat are stealing from you. They will smile at you, treat you nice, charm you… And steal the lion’s portion of the purse from you, then use that money to buy the yearlings you have circled in your book.

I commend anyone trying to level the playing field. You should take your USTA, and local horseman’s association votes seriously. The only way for a change is to make a change and vote out the people you believe are harming the sport and you. Don’t be charmed by the thief in your house.

Ivar Hyngstrom / Boca Raton, FL

JL52

• Open / FFA
Re: from HRU comes an honest observation on cheaters
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2023, 11:34:15 AM »
Agreed that this was an interesting letter from someone who has not previously written

shamrock stable

• Top Claimer
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2023, 11:37:49 AM »
He isnt wrong.

shamrock stable

• Top Claimer
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2023, 11:54:18 AM »
Trainers need to be held accountable. No matter who you are. No matter how many head of horses you have. No matter how much money you and your owners spend at yearling sales. No matter how many LBJ'S you won. You do the crime you fo the time. This business is very political.

augustaandy

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2023, 12:05:31 PM »
lots of people on fines and suspensions this week

tumbleweed

• Open / FFA
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2023, 12:07:38 PM »
Ivar hit the nail on the head!

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2023, 12:09:16 PM »
Thoughtful truth on the need for a plan to remove cheaters from the sport

(In response to Joe Faraldo’s letter in the Dec. 22 issue of HRU):

Wouldn’t it be nice if our USTA leadership would spend as much intellectual muscle on ridding our sport of cheating and animal abuse as what was spent by this author in this article to defend the status quo? A lot of effort here in this article to create a gigantic buffer for reasonable doubt on any effort by anyone to clean this mess up. There is only one reason anyone involved in racing bought EPO, and it wasn’t to win the Tour de France.

Small owners like me are being pushed out of the business by the protective umbrella provided by the status quo and breeders to protect cheating. We all know what and who is under the umbrella. People that cheat are stealing from you. They will smile at you, treat you nice, charm you… And steal the lion’s portion of the purse from you, then use that money to buy the yearlings you have circled in your book.

I commend anyone trying to level the playing field. You should take your USTA, and local horseman’s association votes seriously. The only way for a change is to make a change and vote out the people you believe are harming the sport and you. Don’t be charmed by the thief in your house.

Ivar Hyngstrom / Boca Raton, FL

Wasn’t he on the Fines and Suspensions this week?

Yonkers1A

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2023, 12:40:35 PM »
Spot on

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2023, 02:03:58 PM »
Yes he was. I believe it was insufficient workmans comp insurance.

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2023, 03:50:24 PM »

just looked and it was low grade matter of WC oversight. 

Sure as hell wasn't the major matters that mysteriously slip thru the cracks.

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2023, 04:14:53 PM »
Situations like Yogurt gate and Stealing Moore should have been met by major repercussions to both trainers involved! The current regime has created a "depends who you are "method of controlling the cheating! .There will never be Equality with the ruling parties are more concerned about maintaining a friendship, rather than doing what is best for the sport! The first thing that would happen if I was incharge is that the suspensions would be served according to the ruling and not when it is convenient!

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2023, 04:34:25 PM »
Ivar has hit the nail on the head! It doesn't matter if you spend 75k for a solid horse he will get beat because of the lack of blood dope,or a 20k claimer who gets the blood dope for the first time! USTA must be behind all horsemen and not just the Grand Circuit operators!

Ivarh

• NW-1
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2024, 07:47:30 AM »
Yes, I made the list!  I bought and paid for WC in May.  I submitted my previous years Audit in June.  All appeared to be complete.  But it turns out Liberty Mutual wasn’t satisfied with my documentation. They cancelled my policy and either I wasn’t notified or missed it.

I did not commit fraud or purposely ignore it. I always get emails from Liberty Mutual and Van Grundy regarding renewal process, payments and audit deadlines via email.  But for some reason no one followed up on the impending cancellation.

Yonkers1A

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2024, 09:14:29 AM »
Yes, I made the list!  I bought and paid for WC in May.  I submitted my previous years Audit in June.  All appeared to be complete.  But it turns out Liberty Mutual wasn’t satisfied with my documentation. They cancelled my policy and either I wasn’t notified or missed it.

I did not commit fraud or purposely ignore it. I always get emails from Liberty Mutual and Van Grundy regarding renewal process, payments and audit deadlines via email.  But for some reason no one followed up on the impending cancellation.

Keep up the great work, stuff happens, best of luck in 2024

Balmoral buzz

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2024, 11:13:52 PM »

Doesn’t matter you’re guilty and you should be suspended. You were juicing with mike deters at ppk too. You’re no angel. Don’t point the finger at others when you pull the same crap. Benita will verify my story if need be.
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
  • Passion: Frederick bourgault
    September 25, 2024, 04:03:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal