Author Topic: Karl Tonite  (Read 7213 times)

helpplease

• Open / FFA
Re: Karl Tonite
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2024, 10:37:54 AM »
I have been told that every Nancy Takter owner gets billed EVERY month a consulting fee for Jimmy. 

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2024, 10:44:07 AM »
not disagreeing here--but i was told Yimmy was retired and had nothing to do with any racing operations

the fact that he is driving in the morning is contrary to that statement
Told by who?  The internet?  Give me a break.  He's been driving every year in a few stakes races. He had a drive in the baby races on Saturday.  He took some time to get involved with Phil Antonacci in the Thoroughbred business but now is just looked at as an advisor there.  Of course he's going to go back to his family and his roots and help, even if it's just advice. 

I'm sure that his involvement with the Antonacci's led to them letting Winner's Bet go to Nancy's stable from their own. Look where that move is today.  Two consecutive track record performances. 

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2024, 10:51:34 AM »
Jimmy retired but NEVER said he wouldn't drive, and he always said he'd be around the barn for advice. So he trains the horse, I wouldn't mind his input. What do you want him to do, go sit in a rocking chair. He enjoys being around the barn.

Miguel_Sanchez

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2024, 05:14:01 PM »
Neither is true.  People just talking dumb.

10000% TRUE - 15 Million was offered and was turned down!

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2024, 07:07:31 PM »
Karl will end up being the greatest trotter ever.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2024, 08:31:08 PM »
10000% TRUE - 15 Million was offered and was turned down!

10000% BS. Nobody, absolutely nobody is writing a check for anywhere near that amount. Step away from the keyboard and put out whatever it is you are smoking. Buyer side, major farm inquired, threw out a number BASED UPON SYNDICATING him. 40 shares at $300,000 a share was the carrot, but the farm owner was told his stud fee won't support it. The number is complete BS because the farm would have to retain a major % of the shares. Seller side, Jimmy is talking the horse up big time, like he always does with the best horse in the barn. If he can get one of the big Swede owners to buy in for a piece that sets the entry point, and everybody makes money on the deal.....everybod y with the last name of Takter that is, LOL. Hard to get an overseas owner in at a big number if a US farm/syndicate is involved. Your hand gets forced.

SDST2009

• Open / FFA
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2024, 09:51:51 PM »
Karl will end up being the greatest trotter ever.

I agree, if he stays sound enough to prove it.

You can't watch that horse and think he is near 100%. I don't think he needs 100% to beat everyone, based on his talent alone, but so far he's faced nothing even close to his level. There's enough good ones this year that he will need to prove it and I hope he's not too fragile to do so.

Miguel_Sanchez

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2024, 11:25:15 PM »
He is no where near Muscle Hill who I would consider the modern day greatest.  Karl has a hitch to his gait and very bad mouth.  He's not easy to drive and Yannick knows it.  Muscle Hill was a Cadillac to drive and anyone could train him as evidence by him being trained by the idiot Peck.

hoosierboy

• Elite
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2024, 12:21:17 AM »
He is no where near Muscle Hill who I would consider the modern day greatest.  Karl has a hitch to his gait and very bad mouth.  He's not easy to drive and Yannick knows it.  Muscle Hill was a Cadillac to drive and anyone could train him as evidence by him being trained by the idiot Peck.

Well said, I agree

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2024, 06:31:30 AM »
If syndicated there will be 100 shares so $15 m is not out of sight but first he has to race and not be the first one to get beat.   He will be protected just like midnight fiasco of last year.   

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2024, 08:13:01 AM »
I don’t believe the 15mil number. Pre Hambo, Breeders crown, TVG? No shot. Maybe if he was a Walner that was bred 10x better than he is and won all 3 of stakes convincingly, I’d believe the 15mil.

Miguel_Sanchez

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2024, 04:52:18 PM »
I'm just telling you what Nancy herself has been spouting.  They turned down 15 mil.  Don't know who made the offer but the 15m was made and it's legit.  That's only 150k/share.  They have him pegged as the next coming of christ.  I think turning the money down was stupid because he's not even close to the best.  There are two out there right now that will jerk his bridle.

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2024, 05:21:52 PM »
I'm just telling you what Nancy herself has been spouting.  They turned down 15 mil.  Don't know who made the offer but the 15m was made and it's legit.  That's only 150k/share.  They have him pegged as the next coming of christ.  I think turning the money down was stupid because he's not even close to the best.  There are two out there right now that will jerk his bridle.

Who? The Canadian horse and TCI?

MOHAWK FREAK

• Top Claimer
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2024, 05:54:14 PM »
It says Karl is racing tonight but I’ve looked everywhere. Including Saratoga and Freehold.  I don’t see him entered anywhere.  Maybe Northfield?

Meadow Ford

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2024, 06:15:10 PM »
It says Karl is racing tonight but I’ve looked everywhere. Including Saratoga and Freehold.  I don’t see him entered anywhere.  Maybe Northfield?
Sat night 6th race Meadowlands
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • M P: Gaagoots: "Mark is also not taking a salary from the USTA like the others"
    Today at 04:57:14 AM
  • Cboyle: That teletimer had a family…
    June 30, 2024, 07:18:59 PM
  • Cboyle: That teletomer had a family
    June 30, 2024, 07:18:41 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: Vernon Bontrager
    June 29, 2024, 12:45:00 PM
  • fat albert: Bontrager
    June 28, 2024, 10:25:21 PM
  • fat albert: Bontrager
    June 28, 2024, 10:21:59 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: Spencer Davis