Author Topic: North America Cup divisions  (Read 3192 times)

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
North America Cup divisions
« on: June 04, 2024, 08:07:20 PM »
Tons and Tons of super stakes this weekend at Mohawk.

Three divisions for the cup ... A lot of horses I've barely even heard of.

3 -- Pace, purse $50,000 (DD,EX,OM,P3,SU,TR)
PEPSI NORTH AMERICA CUP XLI: ELIMINATION - 3 YEAR OLD OPEN.
STARTING FEE: $8,000 CDN $6,400 USD.
Post Time: 8:04 PM       Lasix: 3:49 PM        Horses Entered: 26(split)
   1 Janelle Granny                            B Macdonald          R Macdonald               
   2 Special Menu(L)                           T Mccarthy           B Brown                   
   3 Clever Cody                               D Miller             I Moore                   
   4 Captain Albano                            T Mccarthy           N Daley                   
   5 Ivy Park                                  Y Gingras            N Takter                 
   6 Captains Quarters                         J Jamieson           H Holland                 
   7 Remember The Alamo                        Ti Tetrick           T Alagna                 
   8 Gem Quality                               D Dunn               C Ryder

5 -- Pace, purse $50,000 (DD,EX,OM,P3,SU,TR)
Post Time: 8:48 PM       Lasix: 4:33 PM        Horses Entered: 26(split)
   1 Captain Luke(L)                           S Zeron              T Alagna                 
   2 Calicojack Hanover(L)                     L Roy                L Blais                   
   3 Legendary Hanover                         Ja Macdonald         A Beaton                 
   4 Mirage Hanover(L)                         Ti Tetrick           J Leamon                 
   5 Number Cruncher                           S Zeron              E Miller                 
   6 Funtime Bayama                            S Filion             R Moreau                 
   7 Newsroom                                  D Dunn               J Holloway               
   8 Miki Ray                                  D Dunn               A Harris                 
   9 Cupid Shuffle(L)                          D Mcnair             D Lagace   

7 -- Pace, purse $50,000 (DD,EX,OM,P3,SU,TR)
Post Time: 9:32 PM       Lasix: 5:17 PM        Horses Entered: 26(split)
   1 Stat That(L)                              L Miller             S Miller                 
   2 Its Saturday Night                        D Dunn               R Norman                 
   3 Nijinsky                                  L Roy                A Beaton                 
   4 Unrivaled Hanover                         J Drury              S Steacy                 
   5 Captain Fear Not                          D Mcnair             P Reid                   
   6 Storm Shadow                              B Mcclure            I Moore                   
   7 Better Is Nice(L)                         A Mccarthy           T Alagna                 
   8 Wallace Hartley                           T Borth              C Mitchell               
   9 Total Stranger(L)                         Y Gingras            N Takter     

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
Re: North America Cup divisions
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2024, 10:35:32 PM »
captain albano

first division

2nd division
\
number crucher/legendary hanpover zacta box

3rd division

nijinsky wont lose

REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

freshlasix

• Top Claimer
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2024, 11:00:15 PM »

The top 3 from each division and the fastest fourth place finish go in the final.
    That will leave a bunch of hopefuls to go at it in the consolation. The top ten
    could be down to as little as four. Will be one of the best races that we will see
    all year.

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2024, 11:11:14 PM »

The top 3 from each division and the fastest fourth place finish go in the final.
    That will leave a bunch of hopefuls to go at it in the consolation. The top ten
    could be down to as little as four. Will be one of the best races that we will see
    all year.

that would be incorrect

its not the fastest 4th place finisher--the three fourth place finishers will be picked by lot to see who is in Final

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2024, 10:11:40 AM »
captain albano

first division

2nd division
\
number crucher/legendary hanpover zacta box

3rd division

nijinsky wont lose

Albano

Funtime Bayama

Total Stranger

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2024, 10:12:48 AM »
that would be incorrect

its not the fastest 4th place finisher--the three fourth place finishers will be picked by lot to see who is in Final

I always thought it was the 4th place finisher from the fastest division.

old guy

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2024, 10:28:46 AM »
Three fourth place finishers definitely draw by lot.

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2024, 02:53:12 PM »
Used to be fastest fourth .. now it's by lot. 

I'd be shocked if Total Stranger can hold his speed.  If he does what he did in the last two races those slow last quarters will be his downfall, especially on that long stretch

Legendary is going to have his hands full .. Funtime Bayama is a real horse.  He looked washed out two weeks ago and not at this best. Last week he looked fine and raced great.  Don't count out Mirage Hanover either.  He probably has the best late kick of any of them and will be a great price.

lost cause

• 4 claimer
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2024, 02:55:00 PM »
just remember these are elims.just need to make final.how many of you are gonna be bitching so and so gave a non winning drive? 1st on list is legendary hanover.just look to last week.he will just sitand come late and finish 2nd or 3rd

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2024, 03:00:04 PM »
just remember these are elims.just need to make final.how many of you are gonna be bitching so and so gave a non winning drive? 1st on list is legendary hanover.just look to last week.he will just sitand come late and finish 2nd or 3rd

Those are your (horsemen and owners) made up rules (just need to make the final). The are rules in place to protect the gamblers. Including lack of effort. If those rules aren't followed, yeah, expect legitimate complaints.

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2024, 03:08:21 PM »
Those are your (horsemen and owners) made up rules (just need to make the final). The are rules in place to protect the gamblers. Including lack of effort. If those rules aren't followed, yeah, expect legitimate complaints.
Complaints to who? The judges? Management? Where are these "rules" enforced? I dare you to give me one example of someone getting fined in any elimination race for any major stake in North America for lack of effort where it's the norm to not burn yourself out if you have a top horse.

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2024, 03:14:04 PM »
Complaints to who? The judges? Management? Where are these "rules" enforced? I dare you to give me one example of someone getting fined in any elimination race for any major stake in North America for lack of effort where it's the norm to not burn yourself out if you have a top horse.

Did I write about the rules getting enforced? I don't think that I did. I said there will certainly be complaints. On the web, to management, amongst friends. The complaints are justified even though nobody cares to follow the rules

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2024, 04:06:49 PM »
Used to be fastest fourth .. now it's by lot. 

I'd be shocked if Total Stranger can hold his speed.  If he does what he did in the last two races those slow last quarters will be his downfall, especially on that long stretch

He looked a little better last start.  I'm betting on the premise that he continues to improve.  He has definite talent and once he learns to race could be dangerous and at a price.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2024, 06:06:58 PM »
I could be wrong on this but I have never seen Jimmy race a horse he thinks is top caliber the way they have raced Total Stranger

Open bridle

• Open / FFA
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2024, 10:28:15 PM »
Don't leave Clever Cody out of the mix. I Moore said it's the best horse he ever trained and he has had some good ones.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
  • Passion: Frederick bourgault
    September 25, 2024, 04:03:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal