Author Topic: AMAC has a very good looking 2yo  (Read 3125 times)

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
AMAC has a very good looking 2yo
« on: June 12, 2024, 01:11:59 AM »
Momento Mori (Chapter Seven) full brother to KIERKEGAARD K

Last half in 55.4 at The Meadows. On his video he said Scotty Z called him after he qualified.  He drove him in an earlier qualifier and apparently, he really likes him.

Going to need to be good, as there are a lot of promising youngsters out there getting ready for their 1st start.

Inside The Track

• Top Claimer
Re: AMAC has a very good looking 2yo
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2024, 08:11:27 AM »
Amac will destroy him, just like so many others. Why don't you ask him about Greatest Ending. Two hundred thousand loss and counting. Destroyed a very talented horse but we know that's what Amac's Ponzi stable does.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2024, 12:46:31 PM »
not quite the same thing but i see your point
greatest ending bought after 3 yr old season

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2024, 02:38:47 PM »
Amac will destroy him, just like so many others. Why don't you ask him about Greatest Ending. Two hundred thousand loss and counting. Destroyed a very talented horse but we know that's what Amac's Ponzi stable does.

I've never met that man and have no investment in The Stable, I just follow as I like to see all these small owners have success. With that many horses and owners, it is obvious that there will be unhappy people who invested. That's horse racing.

Ramone

• Top Claimer
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2024, 03:08:41 PM »
I just follow as I like to see all these small owners have success. .

How can you enjoy any measure of success when you are anonymous and your fellow "investors" are similarly unknown?

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2024, 04:40:22 PM »
i would expect him to be a good horse
cost $95 k at lexington
 not like he was a$20k purchase from the ohio select sale

SDST2009

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2024, 06:40:25 PM »

I am of the opinion he ruins more good ones than he puts out, but not sure you can pin that one on him. That horse has had his issues all along. No doubt talented, but not an easy horse.

brownmoose13

• Top Claimer
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2024, 06:50:56 PM »
Does anybody know how many of his "good" ones are trained by his band of also rans or as I believe most ...very large percentage..are trained by people that have no association with the stable.Wonder when someone is going to wake up and quit paying this C- driver, trying to be generous, to fly or drive to various tracks to  sit behind one. In his own words he is not interested in driving any horse that is 5-1 or worse. He sure likes to brag after he drives a 1/9 and brings it home....sometimes even a 3/5 shot.
The list is as long as your arm the the racehorses...not yearlings that he has purchased that have done every little. He should have named it the OPM Stable...Other Peoples Money to be fair. Who, other than Amac buys a horse for I believe $85K (Atlas Hanover) just so he could drive in the Jug and then the horse does nothing....way to go Amac!!!!
When will he run out of sheep...sooner than later I hope

HarnessFan1981

• Open / FFA
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2024, 07:35:25 PM »
Does anybody know how many of his "good" ones are trained by his band of also rans or as I believe most ...very large percentage..are trained by people that have no association with the stable.Wonder when someone is going to wake up and quit paying this C- driver, trying to be generous, to fly or drive to various tracks to  sit behind one. In his own words he is not interested in driving any horse that is 5-1 or worse. He sure likes to brag after he drives a 1/9 and brings it home....sometimes even a 3/5 shot.
The list is as long as your arm the the racehorses...not yearlings that he has purchased that have done every little. He should have named it the OPM Stable...Other Peoples Money to be fair. Who, other than Amac buys a horse for I believe $85K (Atlas Hanover) just so he could drive in the Jug and then the horse does nothing....way to go Amac!!!!
When will he run out of sheep...sooner than later I hope

I looked up Atlas Hanover on track it
He was bought for 88k in Sept 2022

Atlas Hanover raced 40 times for "The Stable"
9 wins, 6 seconds & 5 thirds and made 107k.
He was claimed for 37.5k in Dec 2023

Paid 88k + 15 months of board & horse made 145k.

The horse certainly did more then "nothing" like you claim.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 07:52:28 PM by HarnessFan1981 »

brownmoose13

• Top Claimer
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2024, 09:52:18 PM »
All I know is that Hutchinson said they took a beating on Atlas Hanover all because Amac wanted a horse to drive in the Jug. They also said they were very lucky the horse got claimed since they are not sure he could beat $10K claimers. Horse has made $8K in his last 12 starts. Another horse Amac ruined for his own benefit but who is counting

titans1127

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2024, 10:23:14 PM »
Why does Hutchinson even continue to partner with AMac after something like that.

brownmoose13

• Top Claimer
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2024, 10:33:16 PM »
that is a great question as why would an Ohio Vet practice team up with Amac when there are many quality proven Ohio trainers. I cannot believe that Hutchinsons could not find at least 5 Ohio trainers way better than the Amac/McGinnis combo.

SDST2009

• Open / FFA
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2024, 07:57:04 PM »
i would expect him to be a good horse
cost $95 k at lexington
 not like he was a$20k purchase from the ohio select sale

This is a good point and I actually think he's done better with cheap stock.

That said..someone ought to track the huge dollar horses all the big name trainers purchase each year and see how many even come close to earning their expenses back.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2024, 08:50:43 PM »
trust me when i tell you most big dollar purchases never pan out
if you look at the top 10 highest prices from Lexington and Harrisburg for the last 3 years they are a huge loss
a lot are trotting fillies so there is some residual breeding value but thats a long term payback
but the reality is that those buying them can afford the loss so no big deal
but the breeders love them

SDST2009

• Open / FFA
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2024, 08:56:23 PM »
trust me when i tell you most big dollar purchases never pan out
if you look at the top 10 highest prices from Lexington and Harrisburg for the last 3 years they are a huge loss
a lot are trotting fillies so there is some residual breeding value but thats a long term payback
but the reality is that those buying them can afford the loss so no big deal
but the breeders love them

100% agreed. I maintain if you have a budget of 40-50k and the means to pay the training on them (or do it yourself), you will ultimately do better in the long run from a % loss standpoint. Assuming you have someone who is not a moron training them of course.

And, like you said - if I had insane money I would just buy the best bred trotting fillies available. Always a market for them.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Thank You Calhoun, Trying to post winners
    Today at 12:41:02 PM
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal