Author Topic: Karl better be worried  (Read 4475 times)

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
Re: Karl better be worried
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2024, 12:30:33 AM »
Karl will end his career being the greatest trotter ever.

Yep and can you imagine these 3 racing at the Red Mile. Karl would be able to go 1:48 IMO and obliterate the WR

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2024, 12:37:44 AM »
Yep and can you imagine these 3 racing at the Red Mile. Karl would be able to go 1:48 IMO and obliterate the WR
tmbz1 tmbz1

Miguel_Sanchez

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2024, 01:49:00 AM »
IMO Karl is fast because he has a hairline crack behind or something that is bothering him behind.  When this happens horses will run away from the pain.  I have seen it before but as they say "speed kills" and it's on a matter of time before he tips over.  Yannick can't drive him and push him hard because he will run like a dear.  If he runs before Hambo I doubt you will ever see him race again.  There very hush hush about him and they are protecting him.

seen2much

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2024, 06:29:40 AM »
McClure stated that the horse had gait problems & didn't race at two. He purposely gaps the gate. It will be interesting if Highland Kismet meets up with Karl & TCI. He has never faced that type of competition. I was impressed last night. You still have to step up against the best before I label you a top one.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2024, 07:26:31 AM »
I watched a $100,000 race at Vernon last Friday. Ake was a jogburger !,!  Yes I know you guys are talking a 48 mile and this one went in 52 but he was never asked.  Ake is one of the very best at having one ready .  SITUATIONSHIP.   

Ramone

• Top Claimer
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2024, 08:16:49 AM »
McClure stated that the horse had gait problems & didn't race at two.

Trainer change in January of this year. Mark Etsell has probably established himself as a premier trotting trainer.
Of course Etsell has significant drawbacks - he's honest and modest and puts horse welfare first. Doomed.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2024, 10:54:38 AM »
Don’t see it . Not say he’s not a very nice horse but Karl just looks incredible

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2024, 01:57:21 PM »
IMO Karl is fast because he has a hairline crack behind or something that is bothering him behind.  When this happens horses will run away from the pain.  I have seen it before but as they say "speed kills" and it's on a matter of time before he tips over.  Yannick can't drive him and push him hard because he will run like a dear.  If he runs before Hambo I doubt you will ever see him race again.  There very hush hush about him and they are protecting him.

In fairness Miguel, where else would he have been raced if he is 100% sound? I hear what you are saying, however. I think gungras is elite. Would you go to Dave Miller at this stage? Interesting question imo

seen2much

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2024, 04:33:58 PM »
In fairness Miguel, where else would he have been raced if he is 100% sound? I hear what you are saying, however. I think gungras is elite. Would you go to Dave Miller at this stage? Interesting question imo
I believe that Miller is committed to TCI.

Miguel_Sanchez

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2024, 04:53:26 PM »

I would let Jimmy T drive him before Yannick.  Do you know Yannick has lost hambo with 6-7 Favorites?  He is the worst driver in harness history when the purse is 1M or more.  He is 1-40ish and the year he did win the NA Cup was covid year and no drivers were there except him so does that even count?  I wouldn't want my great trotter in his hands that;s for sure.

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2024, 09:06:07 PM »
I would let Jimmy T drive him before Yannick.  Do you know Yannick has lost hambo with 6-7 Favorites?  He is the worst driver in harness history when the purse is 1M or more.  He is 1-40ish and the year he did win the NA Cup was covid year and no drivers were there except him so does that even count?  I wouldn't want my great trotter in his hands that;s for sure.

He's been pretty good in the hambo oaks, no?
I didn't know Dave Miller was already committed and don't disagree. If it were me, I'd replace him. Doesn't feel like a good match

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2024, 10:22:11 PM »
How do you replace a driver who has won 12 out of 13 with 1 2nd place loss by a nose?

SDST2009

• Open / FFA
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2024, 10:35:13 PM »
He's been pretty good in the hambo oaks, no?
I didn't know Dave Miller was already committed and don't disagree. If it were me, I'd replace him. Doesn't feel like a good match

I don't love Yannick.

You don't get to a level like he has reached by happenstance. He is an excellent driver. He drives a horse that responds to an aggressive drive especially well. Obviously he can get a young horse around pretty well, too.
I think there are horses that can be improved by a certain type of driver, though, and I just don't think YG is that driver in this particular case.
Though I am not sure that's the real concern. Of the three colts we're discussing (TCI; Karl;..now, Kismet), Karl seems both the most talented, and the most fragile. I am really looking forward to the rest of the summer.

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2024, 10:45:21 PM »
I don't love Yannick.

You don't get to a level like he has reached by happenstance. He is an excellent driver. He drives a horse that responds to an aggressive drive especially well. Obviously he can get a young horse around pretty well, too.
I think there are horses that can be improved by a certain type of driver, though, and I just don't think YG is that driver in this particular case.
Though I am not sure that's the real concern. Of the three colts we're discussing (TCI; Karl;..now, Kismet), Karl seems both the most talented, and the most fragile. I am really looking forward to the rest of the summer.

I completely agree.
To add. Guys like Yannick are great for the sport. He's drives to win. Every race. Can't say that about nearly anyone else.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2024, 10:49:36 PM »
karl needs a driver

PIGLAND-

Rumor has it you are a blacksmith.  Are you a driver too?

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Thank You Calhoun, Trying to post winners
    September 29, 2024, 12:41:02 PM
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal