Author Topic: Why do frontrunners…  (Read 991 times)

JL52

• Open / FFA
Why do frontrunners…
« on: June 19, 2024, 05:28:13 PM »
… spring to the lead, and not go to the rail to shut off the possibility of a contender getting inside them, saving ground, and going on to victory? This does not stem from a losing wager, just a general observation of something I see over and over again. Perhaps, bullring or not, some horses can’t take too tight a turn, but…. Any answers? Thanks.

JOHN FRANK

• Elite
Re: Why do frontrunners…
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2024, 12:04:29 PM »
Havin played the TB game for 37 years ,I'll try to explain. Before though,I might add: JOHN FRANK ARMY was a accomplished ROAD RACE RUNNER. Ran 6 miles every day for 12 years. Raced every weekend from MID-MARCH till last week of NOVEMBER. Squeeze that in with me softball play and workin,I know not when meese slept. Any one dy I decided to attend ARLINGTON RACE TRACK. I never left. For 37 years specialized in the PONIES. Met thousands of people thru the years,made great friends thru-out country. Enough of that. TOU WANT ANSWERS:

Don't know where to start. Your question seems simple, but playin ponies can be complicated. I won't be doin this in order,proberly. Just explain different facets. It all works to WIN. And by the way: this minute to be successful. Alright,lets start.

(1) DEPENDS ON DISTANCE. You ain't gonna see that happen often in shorter races. And it depends on CLASS.
(2) Depends on what part of day race is. Jocks know after a couple races what part of track is favorible. They know 3 lanes out is the place to be.
(3) Jorneymen VRS APPRENTICES. Weight off on APPRENTOCE,is most likely if you can break: GUN IT. JOURNEYS know that as they a APPRENTICE at one time and can sit
(4) JOCKS have a tendcy when on lead to not look to inside if they nearin wire and 4 off rail. They lookin for outside of them comin up. That usually were closers comin from.
(5) Some ponies especially young don't like bein near rail. Their skiddish of it. Addin BLINKS usually corrects that,but like some others,they ain;t herd leaders. They prefer to never pass.
(6) Some years back. In CHICAGO circuit was a very good JOCK named,RANDY MEIER. He had a very bad spill ridin along rail. Took a year to recover. He never again would ride the rail. He did well stayin on outside. Obviously their jocks who like ridin rail. CALVIN still does. IRAD the MANIAC will,anythin to win,even if it means killin another jock. And I'M sure most trainers today say: Figure the ride and leave it up to jock to decide.
(6) Years ago it was profitable to play closers on OFF tracks. The track was not sealed and dependin on condition with BREEDIN,you could make a nice score. And by me place they used to have a shoe board each race to show who wearin mud caulks. That was eventually takin away.

Anyhow: I'M sure none of this helps. But I will say this anyhow. One sure way to make money especcially on a OFF track. For get GRASS on this. Follow past Performances and check FRONT WRAPS. You like a pony and WRAPS o a OFF track go on,LOOK ELSEWHERE. You see a PONY That been wrapped and they comin OFF,YOU BET. Problem is you need to be on track to mainly see. Waycchin on TVG or other stations don't always show post parade or neglet to show lower body. Can be frustratin.

Anyhow:GOOD LUCK in your bettin future.

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2024, 06:29:19 PM »
… spring to the lead, and not go to the rail to shut off the possibility of a contender getting inside them, saving ground, and going on to victory? This does not stem from a losing wager, just a general observation of something I see over and over again. Perhaps, bullring or not, some horses can’t take too tight a turn, but…. Any answers? Thanks.

many times the jock may feel the 2-3-4 path is better that day

sometimes at Parx they race in the 6-7 path turning for home

its not like harness racing where it is somewhat more uniform

luker2453

• 4 claimer
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2024, 06:38:22 PM »
Havin played the TB game for 37 years ,I'll try to explain. Before though,I might add: JOHN FRANK ARMY was a accomplished ROAD RACE RUNNER. Ran 6 miles every day for 12 years. Raced every weekend from MID-MARCH till last week of NOVEMBER. Squeeze that in with me softball play and workin,I know not when meese slept. Any one dy I decided to attend ARLINGTON RACE TRACK. I never left. For 37 years specialized in the PONIES. Met thousands of people thru the years,made great friends thru-out country. Enough of that. TOU WANT ANSWERS:

Don't know where to start. Your question seems simple, but playin ponies can be complicated. I won't be doin this in order,proberly. Just explain different facets. It all works to WIN. And by the way: this minute to be successful. Alright,lets start. First of all "John Frank Army", I have seen you in person, and there is no way on earth that you ran 6 miles per day.  Are you back on the Miller Lite again?  What do you do with yourself now that you can't go and hang with the other deadbeats at Arlington Park anymore?

(1) DEPENDS ON DISTANCE. You ain't gonna see that happen often in shorter races. And it depends on CLASS.
(2) Depends on what part of day race is. Jocks know after a couple races what part of track is favorible. They know 3 lanes out is the place to be.
(3) Jorneymen VRS APPRENTICES. Weight off on APPRENTOCE,is most likely if you can break: GUN IT. JOURNEYS know that as they a APPRENTICE at one time and can sit
(4) JOCKS have a tendcy when on lead to not look to inside if they nearin wire and 4 off rail. They lookin for outside of them comin up. That usually were closers comin from.
(5) Some ponies especially young don't like bein near rail. Their skiddish of it. Addin BLINKS usually corrects that,but like some others,they ain;t herd leaders. They prefer to never pass.
(6) Some years back. In CHICAGO circuit was a very good JOCK named,RANDY MEIER. He had a very bad spill ridin along rail. Took a year to recover. He never again would ride the rail. He did well stayin on outside. Obviously their jocks who like ridin rail. CALVIN still does. IRAD the MANIAC will,anythin to win,even if it means killin another jock. And I'M sure most trainers today say: Figure the ride and leave it up to jock to decide.
(6) Years ago it was profitable to play closers on OFF tracks. The track was not sealed and dependin on condition with BREEDIN,you could make a nice score. And by me place they used to have a shoe board each race to show who wearin mud caulks. That was eventually takin away.

Anyhow: I'M sure none of this helps. But I will say this anyhow. One sure way to make money especcially on a OFF track. For get GRASS on this. Follow past Performances and check FRONT WRAPS. You like a pony and WRAPS o a OFF track go on,LOOK ELSEWHERE. You see a PONY That been wrapped and they comin OFF,YOU BET. Problem is you need to be on track to mainly see. Waycchin on TVG or other stations don't always show post parade or neglet to show lower body. Can be frustratin.

Anyhow:GOOD LUCK in your bettin future.

JL52

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2024, 12:43:12 PM »
Any vet NYRA fans remember the Ussery Highway? Bobby Ussery would race at the crown, then swoop down toward the rail on the turn. He won many sprints that way ( of course, you need to have the horsepower).

Dingus

• Open / FFA
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2024, 10:44:51 PM »
Any vet NYRA fans remember the Ussery Highway? Bobby Ussery would race at the crown, then swoop down toward the rail on the turn. He won many sprints that way ( of course, you need to have the horsepower).

Used to see at a mile out of the chute at Aqueduct

BoKnows

• Top Claimer
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2024, 11:22:38 PM »
The rail at Belmont was notoriously bad when it was muddy. Watch Conquistador Cielo's Belmont Stakes for the best example. He might have gone 1 5/8 or more to win a 1 1/2 mile race.

luker2453

• 4 claimer
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2024, 09:12:48 AM »
If the jock knows he has the best horse, he/she will just try and keep the horse out of trouble.  That could be on the front end or just going wide. 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Papillon: changing diapers together
    September 05, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
  • Minjae: Where are Jen Bongiorno and the white knight?
    September 05, 2024, 12:28:36 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Sure was a gift, Dougie. I was happy to see him race, and win
    August 31, 2024, 04:11:00 PM
  • dougie: 2-1 0n Charlie May was a gift!!!!!
    August 31, 2024, 11:49:19 AM
  • Demples: Binkley
    August 29, 2024, 05:42:52 AM
  • Albatross77: I hope he goes down fucking hard!!
    August 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: You better pray good boy!
    August 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM
  • Mazola: He said take my hand and together we will beat it. What a perv
    August 24, 2024, 07:32:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal