Author Topic: Funtime Bayama sold to Andrew Harris & partners  (Read 6615 times)

WTF Hanover

• Top Claimer
Funtime Bayama sold to Andrew Harris & partners
« on: June 20, 2024, 08:58:11 PM »
https://www.drf.com/news/harness-funtime-bayama-sold-andrew-harris-partners

Funtime Bayama, the third-place finisher in Saturday night's North America Cup, has been sold for an undisclosed amount to the connections that have recently put some serious green into the game by acquiring horses such as Abuckabett Hanover and Seven Colors.

'Funtime' will now be trained by co-owner Andrew Harris for his primary owners William Pollock and Bruce Areman.

"His name came up the other day when we were having a conversation about top 3-year-olds," said Harris. "But I never thought they'd actually sell him."

Harris, who acquired Seven Colors at a similar point in time last year, knows how fortunate he is to be connected with Pollock and Areman.

"I sit there and see these amazing horses and they become available and with the support of guys like Bill Pollock, I literally get to sit here and play with all of these fancy ponies; I'm a little kid in a candy store," said Harris, adding with a laugh, "I'm sure I’m the most hated guy in all of the sport when it comes to the other trainers but at the same time, I'm literally getting to live the dream."

Sylvain Filion, who has driven the 3-year-old gelded product of He's Watching-Tymal Sugrbabydoll in all but two of his 13 career outings for his owner-father Yves, is both happy and sad about the sale.

"My father had already been approached twice before about possibly selling the horse," said Sylvain. "I have mixed emotions, but they made an offer we couldn't refuse. At the end of the day, I think my dad is pretty happy."

Funtime Bayama, who was racing out of the Richard Moreau barn, is a lifetime earner of $381,948 with eight wins from 13 lifetime starts. He has never raced outside of Ontario in his career, but will in a few weeks in the Meadowlands Pace, which will have its eliminations on July 6.

"He'll get here sometime this weekend once the paperwork goes through," said Harris. "And now we have two weeks to prep him for the Meadowlands Pace. We know we are buying a ready-made horse."

As for who will drive the horse, Harris said: "We are in conversation about that right now."

ferdinand the bull

• Stakes Horse
Re: Funtime Bayama sold to Andrew Harris & partners
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2024, 09:10:28 PM »
The horse will find itself in a whole new level of euphoria

whiptherabbit

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2024, 09:18:41 PM »
Was loaded in the NA CUP with nowhere to go. Not sure if he’s jug eligible but cruised at Flamboro last year.

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2024, 09:29:44 PM »
Just looked Whip..He's not eligible to Jug. They have softened their rules and
ways to supplement though.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2024, 09:29:54 PM »
 good luck to new investors and andrew  tmbz1 tmbz1

they making some sick serious buys this past 12 months

im guessing 550k US currency
« Last Edit: June 20, 2024, 09:37:31 PM by LUCPARK »
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

mwins

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2024, 10:38:06 PM »
750 USD

Sunmoon 1219

• Top Claimer
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2024, 10:58:05 PM »
That’s got to be a million dollar horse .

Miguel_Sanchez

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2024, 11:25:38 PM »
500k tops - not a fashionable pedigree.  It will be interesting to see who drives.  My guess is DD

Meadow Ford

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2024, 11:27:44 PM »
He should cross real good to most SBSW line mares.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

wizardofoz

• Open / FFA
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2024, 11:41:01 PM »
He is a GELDING. This guy Pollack is no smarter than Professor Pepperwinkle of the Superman tv series who invented a gold making machine.  The only problem was it required $10,000 worth of platinum in those days to make $5000 worth of gold! What is the point in paying ridiculous prices for horses when you will NEVER, EVER, come close to recouping the cash outlays? Pollack owns the greatest stable of horses EVER found.  The problem is it will cost him millions of losses in the long run.

Meadow Ford

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2024, 12:04:32 AM »
Gelding
Sorry!
Me Bad
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2024, 12:48:53 AM »
Pollack owns the greatest stable of horses EVER found.  The problem is it will cost him millions of losses in the long run.
Not even close to the greatest stable.  If he was the same Pollack that has a billion horses with Culipher and others it might be true but this guy just has a few super high-priced horses.

freshlasix

• Top Claimer
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2024, 03:10:10 AM »
good luck to new investors and andrew  tmbz1 tmbz1

they making some sick serious buys this past 12 months

im guessing 550k US currency

Just another example of endless pockets. This is not the same Pollock of Pollock Racing, J.Cullipher,
But William Pollock of Wall Street. Not sure what firm he is with, definitely earning some major money.
Most likely turning bad money into clean cash. Either way he is not afraid to spend it
I am going to say that the purchase price is well over $550k. Judging by the recent purchase price of
the 2yr. old's in their barn. Treachery in the Dark $700k, Vougish $535k, Hatfield $400k,
Twin B Fresh Bet $500k, Maroone Dolche $300k, Phantomofthenight $350k, Therealthing $200k,
Homerun Hanover $150k, Monserrati $200k, along with Seven Colors, Abuckabet Hanover and El Rey.
They also paid $$6 figures for a now 0-10 maiden Miki Ray right off the truck from training in Florida.

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2024, 06:35:15 AM »
WHAT MAKES HARRIS WORTHY OF GETTING SUCH NICE HORSES? CURIOUS WHY HE WAS CHOSEN WASN'T HE THE LEAD TRAINER FOR CASEY COLEMAN IN THE STATES YEARS AGO. HE DID VERY WELL WHEN SHE WAS DOING VERY WELL.  FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS i HAVEN'T SEEN HIS NAME WHEN THE BIG RACES WERE RUN.

ferdinand the bull

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2024, 06:50:04 AM »
WHAT MAKES HARRIS WORTHY OF GETTING SUCH NICE HORSES? CURIOUS WHY HE WAS CHOSEN WASN'T HE THE LEAD TRAINER FOR CASEY COLEMAN IN THE STATES YEARS AGO. HE DID VERY WELL WHEN SHE WAS DOING VERY WELL.  FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS i HAVEN'T SEEN HIS NAME WHEN THE BIG RACES WERE RUN.
Worthy or was it that people felt sorry for him after his wife died

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Bernie Madoff: Vernon Bontrager
    June 29, 2024, 12:45:00 PM
  • fat albert: Bontrager
    June 28, 2024, 10:25:21 PM
  • fat albert: Bontrager
    June 28, 2024, 10:21:59 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: Spencer Davis
    June 28, 2024, 05:31:02 PM