Author Topic: Funtime Bayama sold to Andrew Harris & partners  (Read 6616 times)

smokingjoe

• Top Claimer
Re: Funtime Bayama sold to Andrew Harris & partners
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2024, 07:01:01 AM »
This Billy Pollock is one of two brothers who owned Trinity Solar in Wall NJ, which has offices all over the U.S. It's been reported they sold 51% of the company for $500 million+.

They want to win races, take photos, and care little about the costs.

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2024, 08:00:51 AM »
Sounds about right. Trinity Solar is the largest residential solar installer in the USA. The Vulture Capitalist that bought controlling interest have over $20 billion under management. 
 When you buy geldings for hundreds of thousands, seeing a profit is not in the equation.

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2024, 08:49:17 AM »
if buying nice horses makes him happy and he can afford to do it, good for him. Its better than giving the money back in taxes

Here they come

• Top Claimer
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2024, 09:12:09 AM »
Selling price was 800k. I would’ve valued at no more than 6

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2024, 09:26:53 AM »
$800,000 for a gelding? No wonder they sold.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2024, 11:41:49 AM »
the industry says thank you mr pollock

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2024, 12:23:30 PM »
WHAT MAKES HARRIS WORTHY OF GETTING SUCH NICE HORSES? CURIOUS WHY HE WAS CHOSEN WASN'T HE THE LEAD TRAINER FOR CASEY COLEMAN IN THE STATES YEARS AGO. HE DID VERY WELL WHEN SHE WAS DOING VERY WELL.  FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS i HAVEN'T SEEN HIS NAME WHEN THE BIG RACES WERE RUN.

Right place , right time. If o remember right he was introduced to Poolack by a former The Stable owner

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2024, 03:13:31 PM »
Yves turned down $500k after the NA Cup final. He didn't say who made the offer, but I think it was a group of owners put together by Alagna.....becaus e a friend of mine who has horses with him was asked hypothetically if he would be interested in 10%. This is the original Tom Artandi syndicate model. Someone else was sniffing around and was told they turned down $500k. Whoever was sniffing made an offer and was turned down. They made another and was turned down. That's when the Harris & Co. started chirping.

This was actually the right horse to buy.....although the Moreau thing would concern me.....this horse has been handled exceptionally well, hasn't been cooked, managed with the NA Cup in mind, and the second half of the year. A top horseman, top trainer, can improve off Yves. He's older now, and I guess that's why he sent the horse to Moreau. I know who is running the day to day, but I don't know who is running the treatment, meds, etc. decisions. If I were Yves, I would let Moreau handle that too, LOL. Let's be real here, he has an edge. Buying from him takes come courage, LOL.

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2024, 03:50:09 PM »
Has Harris improved on anything he purchased?  That's a nice purchase, Harris is on the hook for some big cash being spent. Seems like a nice guy with a sob story. Looks like they're chasing a dream, that could quickly become a nightmare. Hope he's smart enough to start stashing cash

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2024, 05:13:57 PM »
Has Harris improved on anything he purchased? 
Considering he bought already made racehorses in great racing condition, it would have been hard to improve them. I would say that El Ray is worse, Seven Colors not consistent, Abuckabett only has moments.  This one is at the top of his game right now and I don't think he could get much better. 

Like someone said the goal of actually making money is not what these partners are about. It's about fame, pictures, tax write offs and entertainment.  Even Harris said he feels like a kid in a candy store.  He got the Willy Wonka Golden Ticket with Pollock and Areman.  JMO

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2024, 06:48:54 PM »
Horse ownership, aside from being a business in and of itself, is also a business of self-expression. People get to do whatever they want. I have no idea what these guys motivation is. Nobody does unless you hear it directly from them. Harris says what he wants. Maybe he says what they say. I don't know. Does the bonus depreciation help? Absolutely. But he still had to right a check. The depreciation will offset income.....but what good does it do if there's little to no income? LOL. Just because something is deductible or depreciable (with bonus depreciation) doesn't mean you want to or should overpay, LOL.

However, considering they paid somewhere between $650k and $800k......for a gelding.....to me, economically, that's ludicrous. I don't give a rat's ass about how much yearlings are going for. Many of those numbers aren't real anyway. BS marketplace controlled by the breeders. Look at what top of the class 3yo's were selling for 25 and 30 years ago. Now look at today. Today you have lower purses. Today you have higher costs/expenses (training, vet, shipping, insurance, etc.). Today you have lower/less residual value in the stallion marketplace and in this case zero value. Yet the horses are selling for multiples more? That is not an efficient marketplace. I think it's a BS marketplace, one that is being artificially inflated.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2024, 06:59:39 PM »
$500k offer, that would get laughed at for this horse
many big races still to go

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2024, 07:22:59 PM »
850 was price verification by agent
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2024, 07:47:57 PM »
They got out quick on the Seven Colors horse. So with all big races left they could get out on him by summers end if the 800 is a true $

Miguel_Sanchez

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2024, 08:53:36 PM »
Andrew Harris has NEVER developed a baby so to spend millions on babies and let him break and train them down is suicide.  These guys will learn a very hard lesson.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Bernie Madoff: Vernon Bontrager
    June 29, 2024, 12:45:00 PM
  • fat albert: Bontrager
    June 28, 2024, 10:25:21 PM
  • fat albert: Bontrager
    June 28, 2024, 10:21:59 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: Spencer Davis
    June 28, 2024, 05:31:02 PM
  • Ace Venturo: Tyler davis