Author Topic: Funtime Bayama sold to Andrew Harris & partners  (Read 6794 times)

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
Re: Funtime Bayama sold to Andrew Harris & partners
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2024, 07:18:15 PM »
I don’t understand the hate on Andrew either.  I bet he is pretty damn close to 3 million in babies
He's got 3.2 million in babies listed right here on this thread.  Probably has more than just these too.

"the 2yr. old's in their barn. Treachery in the Dark $700k, Vougish $535k, Hatfield $400k,
Twin B Fresh Bet $500k, Maroone Dolche $300k, Phantomofthenight $350k, Therealthing $200k,
Homerun Hanover $150k, Monserrati $200k"

Miguel_Sanchez

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2024, 08:03:35 PM »
Yes every trainer would love to have his owners and there money but I can assure you not one top baby trainer would ever do what he did by going to the sale and buying full brothers and full sisters.  It's very obvious he did zero homework and just bid on pedigree.  Many of the horses I heard he got run up by the sale company ala Cancelliere in the day.  Back in the day when they seen Cancelliere bidding the ran those horses up 200-300K beyond the under bidder. 

Forget about the financial loss this is going to be.  This will get them nothing of what they want.  Supposedly they just want to compete in the big races.  Doing the full brother / sister thing has been tried before and it has failed every time.  If you didn't go to the wedding don't try showing up for the reception. 

wizardofoz

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2024, 11:54:41 PM »
FULL brothers or sisters to top racehorses RARELY works out and in fact, a LOT of the time the horses turn out be bad to boot.

COUNSELOR

• Top Claimer
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2024, 01:20:28 AM »
THIS OWNER ALREADY HAS A PROFIT ON HIS INVESTMENT.  PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT IN 2024 THE INVESTOR CAN USE THE SECTION 179 ACCOUNTING STATUTE WHICH PERMITS HIM TO EXPENSE UP TO $1,220,000 OF THE ORIGINAL INVESTMENT AND UP TO $3,050,000 OF CAPITAL ASSETS BEFORE THE LOSS IS LIMITED.   I HAVE READ WHERE THIS FELLOW SOLD A COMPANY AND THEREFORE HE IS MOST LIKELY GOING TO UTILILIZE THE SECTION 179 IMMEDIATE DEDUCTION PLUS THE BONUS DEPRECIATION.   

THEREFORE HE WILL IMMEDIATELY DEDUCT (EXPENSE $1,220,000 PLUS ACHIEVE BONUS DEPRECIATION ON THE TOTAL INVESTMENT PLUS DEDUCT 100% OF EVERY PENNY HE PAYS IN FEES AND COST IN 2024 AND FORWARD.   NOT SURE WHEN HE BOUGHT THE YERLINGS BUT I ASSUME 2023 AND THEREFORE FOR ONLY A MONTH OR SO HE WILL RECEIVE $1,220,000 IN SECTION 179  EXPENSE.

TRULY THIS IS A NO BRAINER AND TRUTHFULLY HE HAS ALREADY MADE A PROFIT DUE TO THE WRITEOFFS HE RECEIVED IN 2023 AND WILL RECIEVE MOVING FORWARD.   NOT SURE WHT THIS FELLOW SPENT BUT IT IS IRRELAVANT IF IN FACT HE IS WEALTHY AND HAD A SALE IN 2023 OF HIS COMPANY.   VERY SMART MOVE.

ITS LIKE GOING ON A FREE VACATION!  HE HAS LITTLE RISK.   HE WINS NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS.  THE DEDUCTIONS COMPENSATE HIM FOR THE RISK TAKEN.   HOPE THIS HELPS---HE COULD OF DONE THIS WITH ANYONE GOOD OR BAD AND HE RECEIVES THE SAME DEDUCTIONS.   

mwins

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2024, 08:04:02 AM »
Why are you always YELLING?

Kole Hanover

• Open / FFA
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2024, 09:07:26 PM »
FULL brothers or sisters to top racehorses RARELY works out and in fact, a LOT of the time the horses turn out be bad to boot.

I was right beside the Cancellieres' when they paid (I think it was) 850K for what they thought was a fool-proof idea of paying huge money for full brothers.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2024, 10:10:32 PM »
what?? somebody getting run up at a auction, say it isn't so

SDST2009

• Open / FFA
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2024, 10:45:32 PM »
Yes every trainer would love to have his owners and there money but I can assure you not one top baby trainer would ever do what he did by going to the sale and buying full brothers and full sisters.  It's very obvious he did zero homework and just bid on pedigree.  Many of the horses I heard he got run up by the sale company ala Cancelliere in the day.  Back in the day when they seen Cancelliere bidding the ran those horses up 200-300K beyond the under bidder. 

Forget about the financial loss this is going to be.  This will get them nothing of what they want.  Supposedly they just want to compete in the big races.  Doing the full brother / sister thing has been tried before and it has failed every time.  If you didn't go to the wedding don't try showing up for the reception.

Well..not EVERY time:
Rich and Elegant -Western Hanover
BJ's Pleasure - Super Bowl
Classic Wish - Cam's Card Shark
Amour Angus - Garland Lobell

Plenty times it doesn't work, but never say never, as they say.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2024, 10:57:22 PM »
Well..not EVERY time:

So you buy on the cheap and pray for the best if you go this route??

Miguel_Sanchez

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2024, 12:24:14 AM »
Well..not EVERY time:

5 out of the last 40 yrs at what 10k babies a year? 5 out of 400k horses.  Now those are pretty good odds I must say  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2024, 12:10:51 PM »
Yall always seem to forget it ain’t about making money unless your broke. These guys buy top price yearlings so they can go to the country club and tell all the guys they spent 3 million on horses last week. Don’t matter if you are buying a full sibling to a world champion or first foal from a good family it is all a crap shoot

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2024, 12:41:42 PM »
Cancellierie's breeding a ton of their own now.

SDST2009

• Open / FFA
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2024, 05:15:50 PM »
5 out of the last 40 yrs at what 10k babies a year? 5 out of 400k horses.  Now those are pretty good odds I must say  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Those are the few I knew off the top of my head that are top of their class. And there are plenty who aren't the top-tier level that are decent siblings everywhere.

I don't know about you, but I don't have the budget of these buyers. I'm just saying it certainly does happen.

SDST2009

• Open / FFA
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2024, 05:22:23 PM »
So you buy on the cheap and pray for the best if you go this route??

For the average buyer, paying $1.1M for a brother to Greenshoe, for example, isn't a realistic goal. And IMO it's asinine, but that's got to be more about bragging rights, because how in the hell are you going to make that back. 

But yes, I'd be more than happy to buy a full sibling to a great one at a reasonable price and hope for a percentage of that gene cocktail to work out for a decent horse.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2024, 09:51:48 PM »
For the average buyer, paying $1.1M for a brother to Greenshoe, for example, isn't a realistic goal. And IMO it's asinine, but that's got to be more about bragging rights, because how in the hell are you going to make that back. 

But yes, I'd be more than happy to buy a full sibling to a great one at a reasonable price and hope for a percentage of that gene cocktail to work out for a decent horse.

So you saying Burke, Alagna and Melander are all idiots too?

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • M P: Gaagoots: "Mark is also not taking a salary from the USTA like the others"
    Today at 04:57:14 AM
  • Cboyle: That teletimer had a family…
    June 30, 2024, 07:18:59 PM
  • Cboyle: That teletomer had a family
    June 30, 2024, 07:18:41 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: Vernon Bontrager
    June 29, 2024, 12:45:00 PM
  • fat albert: Bontrager
    June 28, 2024, 10:25:21 PM
  • fat albert: Bontrager
    June 28, 2024, 10:21:59 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: Spencer Davis