Author Topic: BEARDS !!!  (Read 2770 times)

Cleanupindustry

• 4 claimer
BEARDS !!!
« on: June 22, 2024, 07:07:59 PM »
Do you want to get rid of beards in harness racing industry.   Anyone caught being bears. Lifetime ban. No grooms license. No trainers license. No drivers license. And a $$50,000 fine.  Let’s see if some people will risk it

Harnessracerx

• NW-1
Re: BEARDS !!!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2024, 07:17:14 PM »
They don’t investigate it enough. Jimmy Takter training Karl at the meadowlands qualifying babies this morning.  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

M P

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2024, 07:28:04 PM »
Do you want to get rid of beards in harness racing industry.   Anyone caught being bears. Lifetime ban. No grooms license. No trainers license. No drivers license. And a $$50,000 fine.  Let’s see if some people will risk it

Suspend the horses. Only way to stop the cash.
But "I'M" detrimental to the industry.

hoosierboy

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2024, 07:40:01 PM »

I agree totally

Angelo Bralles

• Top Claimer
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2024, 09:00:04 PM »
Yes one of the best posts ever on plop.  I would love to see one of the tracks do it watch the horsemen suddenly all straighten up. That would be funny

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2024, 10:13:25 PM »
Yes I want all beards and who they were bearding for thrown out of the sport and business. But the only way you will see horses and owners get suspended, fined, or banned, is if they were a party to the bearding activities. Before his long term suspension, when Rick Dutrow was on a previous suspension in NY, NYRA checked phone and bank records and found that Rick was still training in the shadows, billing owners, collecting money and so on. They increased the suspension. But then never went after the owners. Why? Some people say it was because his owners were major owners, bettors, and I don't know if the timing was the same, but one of his major owners was on the board of NYRA. Maybe he got on the board after this. I don't know.

But if my trainer gets suspended, and I know he's still training, and I keep paying his training bills, and I know he's involved, then yes, I should get fined, suspended, and possibly banned. Let's see it happen.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2024, 10:12:29 AM »
You guys are delusional. They aren't doing anything about beards. Here is a HRU/Faraldo post from 2017!!!! Not one thing douchebag Faraldo listed was accomplished. All talk.

https://harnessracingupdate.com/2017/03/17/foiling-the-beards/

hoosierboy

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2024, 10:49:51 AM »
Every big trainer that gets suspended uses a beard.  These tracks and commissions know it and turn the blind eye.  A groom or wife does t just all of a sudden end up with 50 horses that was at a suspended trainers barn 20 min previous

Kirbys Ace

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2024, 12:24:26 PM »
So, when the trainer puts down his wife as trainer in some states and not other states who's the beard?

Also, when a trainer sends horse and groom to a track races that horse with another trainer's name because of say USA to Canada who's the beard? Or vice versa
Back by popular demand!

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2024, 01:15:55 PM »
I think there is a line between a legit suspension and second trainer taking over and a beard situation. A hundred years ago, when the Meadowlands used to list "Stable" and "Trainer" -- the Remmem stable would have it listed as "Stable" Ray Remmen, and "Trainer" Larry Remmen. If the barn got a suspension, Larry's name as "Trainer" would come off the program, he'd take a vacation, and Don Queen's name would be listed. Bob Baffert gets suspended and Jim Barnes takes over and gets listed in the program. OK. But when Baffert took that long suspension, the CA board made him dismantle his entire stable and he had to leave the grounds completely. A lot of the horses when to a legit other trainer, Tim Yakteen, who was formerly Baffert's second trainer, who went out on his own years before. CA checked and the owners were talking to and paying Yakteen. There are some legit moves made here.

Today, the cheaters simply a trainer gets suspended, and some other trainer----not his/her second trainer----all of a sudden "gets" every horse in the barn? No, the horses don't move, business as usual, and the some other trainer gets listed as trainer for the suspended trainer. He/she might be "responsible," on paper, but who are the owners paying? Who is calling the shots? This is different. Obviously there are some very illegitimate moves here as well.

If the owners are involved in these illegitimate moves, then fine them, suspend them, and suspend their horses as well. Could be a slippery slope, but it has to be done.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Thank You Calhoun, Trying to post winners
    September 29, 2024, 12:41:02 PM
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal