Author Topic: Saturday Night Meadowlands Observations and One Question  (Read 1055 times)

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
Saturday Night Meadowlands Observations and One Question
« on: June 30, 2024, 03:40:23 AM »
Observations"
1.) Jiggy Jog came a 53.1 last half after a huge layoff.  Not too many pacers can go that fast!

2.) Karl looked much smoother in the stretch.  If he did have an "ache" or a hitch, it seems to have been cleaned up.  He doesn't have sprint speed out of the gate, but gets to the top by grinding. Very powerful horse and very long, powerful strides.  Entire "party" (Nancy, Jimmy and Yannick) seemed very happy tonight, unlike prior times where they would immediately have a bit of a "caucus."

3.) Warkenton made a verbal mistake when he said that Mirage Hanover came into a 25.4 last quarter.  Actually he came into a 24.4 last quarter and probably did it in 24.3 or 24.2, since he was not on top at the 3/4.  This would be the fastest last quarter I have ever seen.  Yes the track was favoring last half speed, but the horse's legs still had to move that fast!!

4.) One question: Please watch the replay of the 7th race (particularly the 2 minutes after it ends.)  Elista Hanover had something over her nose which the groom removed as soon as she got to the horse (when he was on his way back to the winners' circle.)  It was not the top of a tongue-tie; it was not one of the breathe-rite strips, so what was it and what is its purpose?  Also, since it extended his nose a bit, I am wondering if it is legal (as it certainly would trip the timer ahead of a horse whom he would dead-heat otherwise??)

wizardofoz

• Stakes Horse
Re: Saturday Night Meadowlands Observations and One Question
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2024, 05:41:53 AM »
Business bustled on the 14-race program as $3,549,002 was pushed through the windows, the biggest night of action since May 18 when betting totaled $3,584,315. There have been 51 race cards conducted at the Big M during 2024, and 37 of those have seen the $3-million hurdle cleared. The races with KARL and TCI did $434,000 and $398,000 handles which shows the public loved betting these 2.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2024, 05:43:52 AM by wizardofoz »

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2024, 06:06:20 AM »
Can we not discuss how ridiculous Roger Huston looks with that Mr. T starter kit on?  Necklaces, bracelets, and 8-10 rings?  What a fucking moron this guy is!  If you didn't notice, take a look.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLhHXtNrzLQ

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2024, 06:12:02 AM »
 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2024, 06:37:29 AM »

Warkenton made a verbal mistake when he said that Mirage Hanover came into a 25.4 last quarter.  Actually he came into a 24.4 last quarter and probably did it in 24.3 or 24.2, since he was not on top at the 3/4.  This would be the fastest last quarter I have ever seen.  Yes the track was favoring last half speed, but the horse's legs still had to move that fast!!
Warkentin did correct the last quarter time a bit later and mentioned tail winds. From what I remember there was some rain during that race.  We all know how fast M gets when there is a small amount of fresh water on the track.  I think that plus the tailwinds made the last quarter a half second or more faster than it would have been.

wiseowl

• Open / FFA
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2024, 06:39:42 AM »
Roger is a great guy love is calls.

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2024, 07:15:36 AM »
Roger is a great guy love is calls.

Didn't say anything about his calls (which are tough to listen to).  This was about his fashion choices.  No one can dispute that is ridiculous.

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2024, 07:31:29 AM »
Warkentin did correct the last quarter time a bit later and mentioned tail winds. From what I remember there was some rain during that race.  We all know how fast M gets when there is a small amount of fresh water on the track.  I think that plus the tailwinds made the last quarter a half second or more faster than it would have been.

Yes, but there have been other nights with good tailwinds also, and I BELIEVE that this may have been the fastest last quarter EVER recorded in the 48 year history of the Meadowlands.  Also, notwithstanding the conditions, Mirage Hanover had FOUR races in a row in April and May (2Q) where his last quarters were: 25.4, 25.2, 25.1 and 25.3 respectively, so definitely notable and one to keep an eye on for the Meadowlands Pace.

P.S. Any help on what Elista Hanover had on her nose that was quickly removed by the groom on the way back??

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2024, 09:16:36 AM »
don't want to pick on the lady , Jessica that is supposed to offer insight and commentary but....
numerous times she used phrases like

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2024, 09:18:59 AM »
don't want to pick on the lady , Jessica that is supposed to offer insight and commentary but....
numerous times she used phrases like
im not sure but i think
i cant recall but maybe

when discussing horses prior races not on the program lines

two options
ideally do some homework ahead of time so you know
or
dont go there and look bad

Laag

• Top Claimer
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2024, 05:29:47 PM »
great racing last night

Meadowlands Pace looks wide open and the elims will be tough for anyone

FFA race was exciting with Abuckabett finally getting his due but got an excellent trip. Ken Hanover still went a big mile but to me is a no play for the Graduate after that grueling first over trip. Allywag still getting locked in way too much for a horse of that caliber. Ruthless first start in a month tried to go the whole way but felt the pressure, still wound up 5th.  Charlie May just loves the Big M and will be a factor in this division

Southwind Tyrion and Jiggy Jog are monsters in their divisions which are weak

Twin B Joe Fresh continues to dominate everyone including Sylvia.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • M P: I can prove you're on welfare. You cannot prove I am, because I'm not. Now stand in line for your soup.
    Today at 05:31:40 PM
  • Kole Hanover: MikeyP, does "harness welfare $" bother you, because you are on welfare yourself?
    Today at 01:46:19 PM
  • M P: Gaagoots: "Mark is also not taking a salary from the USTA like the others"
    Today at 04:57:14 AM
  • Cboyle: That teletimer had a family…
    June 30, 2024, 07:18:59 PM
  • Cboyle: That teletomer had a family
    June 30, 2024, 07:18:41 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: Vernon Bontrager
    June 29, 2024, 12:45:00 PM
  • fat albert: Bontrager
    June 28, 2024, 10:25:21 PM
  • fat albert: Bontrager
    June 28, 2024, 10:21:59 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal