Author Topic: Does ANYBODY know the answer??  (Read 1450 times)

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
Does ANYBODY know the answer??
« on: June 30, 2024, 10:18:40 PM »
Please watch the replay of the 7th race at the Meadowlands from Saturday night (particularly the 2 minutes after it ends.)  Elista Hanover had something over her nose which the groom removed as soon as she got to the horse (when he was on his way back to the winners' circle.)  It was not the top of a tongue-tie; it was not one of the breathe-rite strips, so what was it and what is its purpose?  Also, since it extended his nose a bit, I am wondering if it is legal (as it certainly would trip the timer ahead of a horse whom he would dead-heat otherwise??)

Robud

• Stakes Horse
Re: Does ANYBODY know the answer??
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2024, 10:37:29 PM »
Wasn't this posted earlier under a different topic?

4.) One question: Please watch the replay of the 7th race (particularly the 2 minutes after it ends.)  Elista Hanover had something over her nose which the groom removed as soon as she got to the horse (when he was on his way back to the winners' circle.)  It was not the top of a tongue-tie; it was not one of the breathe-rite strips, so what was it and what is its purpose?  Also, since it extended his nose a bit, I am wondering if it is legal (as it certainly would trip the timer ahead of a horse whom he would dead-heat otherwise??)

« Last Edit: June 30, 2024, 10:41:36 PM by Robud »
In honor of our retired forum detective!

Meadow Ford

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2024, 11:26:02 PM »
I don't know, but it may be a nose protector for a horse that throws it's head when hit by dirt.
Years ago they made one out of leather strips.
Go to Big Dee online  catalog and search Green Guard Nose Protector. See if that may be it.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2024, 01:16:17 AM »
I don't know, but it may be a nose protector for a horse that throws it's head when hit by dirt.
Years ago they made one out of leather strips.
Go to Big Dee online  catalog and search Green Guard Nose Protector. See if that may be it.

This was narrower and seemed to protrude just a bit past the tip of the nose; the Green Guard is much wider and doesn't seem to go past the tip??  However, thank you for responding. 

Robud

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2024, 03:31:58 PM »
Please watch the replay of the 7th race at the Meadowlands from Saturday night (particularly the 2 minutes after it ends.)  Elista Hanover had something over her nose which the groom removed as soon as she got to the horse (when he was on his way back to the winners' circle.)  It was not the top of a tongue-tie; it was not one of the breathe-rite strips, so what was it and what is its purpose?  Also, since it extended his nose a bit, I am wondering if it is legal (as it certainly would trip the timer ahead of a horse whom he would dead-heat otherwise??)

Replay shows nuttin

https://www.horses.betamerica.com/bet/results/meadowlands/2024-06-29/MX/Harness/7

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2024, 04:13:41 PM »
I was thinking nostril rings but I saw nothing on replay. One thing for sure, that filly can trot. Miller had his hands full the whole mile.

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2024, 04:21:26 PM »
the trainer has a broken wrist. you saw her wristguard. nice job detective

Robud

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2024, 06:20:44 PM »
the trainer has a broken wrist. you saw her wristguard. nice job detective

Don't tell me he's talking about that! OMG!  ngc3

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2024, 09:10:40 PM »
Don't tell me he's talking about that! OMG!  ngc3

Was right after she detached the headpole and certainly NOT her wrist wrap which was black (this was tan colored.)  In any event, it is also visible from the side as the horse comes down the lane.  It could have been the loose part of a tongue-tie flapping also.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • M P: Incredible. Harness Racing survives off donations from the states. Breeds Standardbreds it trashes to kill pen. Then asks for more donations to save them. Can't make this shit up.
    Today at 07:54:43 PM
  • M P: I can prove you're on welfare. You cannot prove I am, because I'm not. Now stand in line for your soup.
    Today at 05:31:40 PM
  • Kole Hanover: MikeyP, does "harness welfare $" bother you, because you are on welfare yourself?
    Today at 01:46:19 PM
  • M P: Gaagoots: "Mark is also not taking a salary from the USTA like the others"
    Today at 04:57:14 AM
  • Cboyle: That teletimer had a family…
    June 30, 2024, 07:18:59 PM
  • Cboyle: That teletomer had a family
    June 30, 2024, 07:18:41 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: Vernon Bontrager
    June 29, 2024, 12:45:00 PM
  • fat albert: Bontrager
    June 28, 2024, 10:25:21 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal