Author Topic: Nancy Takter  (Read 11570 times)

remington

• Open / FFA
Re: Nancy Takter
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2024, 03:18:02 PM »
Pelling had the best gas anyone that been in this business knows that. There is no such thing as a great trainer that can turn a horse around in a month. They get turned around by indictable drugs. 

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2024, 04:05:33 PM »
I think BP had more to do with the Brooks trail, not any positive. You can say what you like but BP is the best conditioner of horse the business has ever seen. Back when he had claiming stable we had a piece of one we claimed with Niffty and in a month completely changed the horse muscle to fat ratio.

You hit the nail right on the head. I agree. Pelling is a great horseman. Incidents don't define a career. An entire body of work does, greatness does. The Brooks trial, and the entire escapade that went along with it-----and Brooks himself-----was a complete fraud. Brooks was a fraud. Like many others, I knew David. I didn't like him, but he was a major force in the business, he was always around, at every sale, so I knew him. I never had any dealings with him. I did almost go partners with him, but I declined and didn't. We were both on I Am A Fool as a 2yo. Jan Johnson (yes, that Jan Johnson) and Bob Waxman bought him to pinhook so to speak. Not the first time, but Bob ended up not paying for his half, so Jan ended up with the entire horse. Jan had told me he was for sale and I watched him train. I called Brett and he knew about the horse too because Jan had told him as well. I tried to get him trained a week before he was in to baby race at the Meadowlands. Weather acted up, scheduling was an issue, and so on, so Jan entered him to go. Brooks also knew about him from Jan and he talked about the horse to Brett. Brooks wanted him if he was good. Of course, LOL. The horse won in 56 I think, and he looked good. Brooks wanted him and told Brett to buy him. Jan was asking $250k and Brooks offered $200k. Brett asked me if I wanted to go partners with Brooks. I passed. Horse made about a $1.1mm. I liked the horse, a lot. Not the partner. No win situation for me.

Anyway, when he got indicted, every single defense, excuse, and so on was based upon a fraud. When David tried to transfer the ownership of his equine holdings to his brother, Jeff, every single state, including Canada, refused. They only accepted a few legitimate sales.

The Brooks brothers convinced the entire industry that if they had to sell everything. Remember, at the time it was alleged that he/they owned somewhere between 800 and 950 horses! So the entire industry was convinced of this. The industry was worried that the equine marketplace would collapse. It was crash! There would be a stock market crash in the bloodstock market! Auction/sales companies said this and were worried, harness writers wrote about this and so did mainstream media:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2010/02/the-brooks-brothers-find-trouble-and-harness-racing-holds-its-breath/35245/

Writers, and even racing officials said that if they got out of the business, if there holdings were not continuing to operate-----various racetracks could have trouble filling races. People in the industry were actually very concerned. But, not the smart people. George Segal, Frank Antonacci, Jerry Silva, and Ted Gewertz weren't worried. Why? Because they are smart. They don't think linear. They think non-linear, intuitive, creative, complex, right-brain. It is non-restrictive thinking. Expansive thinking. It allows conclusions and results from multiple points of logic, not just one. Because this entire panic and fear thing was a fraud. David went away, literally, and so did his brother (he didn't go to jail as he was never part of the case), they left the industry, and what happened in the industry? Nothing. Sure, some trainers, vets, blacksmiths, whatever, they got beat for some money. Part of the price of doing business. It's a shame because David was a horrible person. If he owed you money, he bullied you into taking less and he hurt you if he could. Disgusting. However, the business survived. You heard it here.......no matter what it looks like.....nobody is bigger than the business. Not the sport.....the business.

That's why when people say you can't throw out Burke, or you can't throw out this one.....it's all BS. Anyway, Pelling was called as a witness only to the extent of how he got paid. The prosecution was simply making a case that Brooks used corporate money to pay non-corporate, personal, and other expenses. Same reason why that imbecilic crook Charley Karp was called. They called people who Brooks paid (cut checks to) from one business, but for another. They called several vets, shipping companies, and so on. Pelling was not involved, had no part in any of it, etc. He simply trained horses for the guy. His testimony took about 5 minutes, and was about checks.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2024, 07:37:17 PM »
 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 Gasbag through and through.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2024, 07:37:55 PM »
Pelling had the best gas anyone that been in this business knows that. There is no such thing as a great trainer that can turn a horse around in a month. They get turned around by indictable drugs.
Correct  tmbz1 tmbz1

hammer0419

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2024, 08:02:00 PM »
Rabbit you couldn't be more wrong.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2024, 09:58:27 PM »

I am not saying the guy doesn't have an edge. Like everyone, or almost everyone, he is not racing on hay, oats, and water. Maybe he does have the best. When do they catch him?

But, that's your theory? Because this is impossible, then that is a fact? I don't know how many horses you think he turned around in a month, and there were some that were massively drastic. Sitting in the grandstand, you wouldn't know. But I had a top trainer give up on one, sent the horse to Brett, and in six weeks he had the horse up several classes and took a new lifetime mark by 3 seconds. Previous trainer WAS INVITED by Brett to come over and see all the changes he made. He went. He looked, he listened, and he said Pelling is an "extraordinary horseman." He said Pelling did things others would never do. Opinions are like a buffet, pick and try what you like, and if you really like something, go back and get more.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2024, 10:00:52 PM by Grandstand Handicapper »

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2024, 11:53:47 PM »
I have some swamp land for sale if you think Pelling is clean. Why don't you read his suspension list on Pathway. When you have that many infractions, any normal person can assume that he has gotten away with much more. He is a punk that has had the shit kicked out him several times and I can promise you that if you are American and knew the things I know about him, you wouldn't ask why the piece of shit isn't in the HOF.

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2024, 07:24:39 AM »
Now how in hell can you measure muslce to fat ratio in a horse?  Let's hear your science behind this one?  You drop him in the pond to weigh him?  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Now, if you REALLY want to know the answer and learn, take 1/2 hour and read this:

https://ohioline.osu.edu/factsheet/as-1024

I owned horses for 40+ years, was involved in their training with 6 different trainers, jogged each of them regularly and developed a "program" (YES, which for some trainers means gas, but for others means some of the suggestions contained in this article, as well as a substance...LEGAL .. where I extrapolated human health benefits to horse) and as a small-time amateur did reasonably well.  I started out poorly because I got involved in breeding (big mistake for an amateur who can't do it on a larger scale, and thus have many "shots on goal"... but after a while I learned specializing, careful selection of "made" racehorses and a rigorous program working with a few willing trainers, and specializing in almost exclusively trotters, when the average track had only about 2 trotting races daily (if that many) led to many photos that, at the age of 80, I enjoy reminiscing with once every few years.  Well bred by sires like Dream of Glory, Florida Pro, Royal Prestige etc., bought from sub-standard trainers who used substandard drivers just as they were finishing their 3 year old stakes season, or during their 4 year old season was part of the formula.  Never stop trying to learn, but don't ever believe that you cannot select a grouping of horses and NOT significantly improve their physical condition...and here is the article and how you can tell a muscle to fat ratio in a horse.

https://ohioline.osu.edu/factsheet/as-1024

Mrpick5

• 4 claimer
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2024, 03:41:15 AM »
This post has gone completely off the rails   ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2024, 10:45:17 AM »
to put in back on the rails....

Yimmy runs the show not Nancy

i am sorry this offends some people

MOHAWK FREAK

• Top Claimer
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2024, 11:21:38 AM »
to put in back on the rails....

Yimmy runs the show not Nancy

i am sorry this offends some people

Jim can over ride her at anytime BUT she runs the day to day. Trust me. 

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2024, 12:04:09 PM »
Jim can over ride her at anytime BUT she runs the day to day. Trust me.

i never once said she isnt the trainer or doesnt run the day to day stuff...but he runs the show--and when i said that a few accused me of a personal attack on her or I was emphatically told he has nothing to do with anything

just because she wears silks doesnt mean she is managing the operation

why anyone would think Yimmy isnt running the show is mindboggling

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2024, 12:32:47 PM »
He made a break last year going for a million. Horse should have been standing in the barn in NJ. That’s why Team T are even money to win the Hambo.

Karl will be 1/5 to win The Hambletonian--even money isnt close to reality

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2024, 12:51:43 PM »
I thought people here believed Josh Marks runs the show. LOL.

Meadow Ford

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2024, 03:55:08 PM »
Christian Harness Horseman's Association Newsletter.
As of July 2024 Issue.
Prayer Corner
Jimmy Takter is still listed on their prayer list for people battling cancer.
Has been for a couple years.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Thank You Calhoun, Trying to post winners
    September 29, 2024, 12:41:02 PM
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal