Author Topic: Joe holloway  (Read 4747 times)

Cleanupindustry

• 4 claimer
Joe holloway
« on: July 05, 2024, 10:34:13 AM »
Positive on perfect sting and has to give the purse 75,000 back. But he only gets slap on wrist.  Why?  15 days. 500.00 fine. How about barring him from every stake race this year.  Stop slapping these crooks hands and bar them from racing ..stop letting people suspended use family members and friends as trainers so they don’t miss any time. The big guys still race. And small guys get life.  That’s fair right ??

jupiter

• Elite
Re: Joe holloway
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2024, 10:45:39 AM »
Total bullshit

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2024, 11:00:10 AM »
The horse tested for high testosterone 3 years ago.  BFD.  Holloway ran out the appeal and lost.

Now here's a much more interesting ruling.  Wonder what this is about  ngc3

MALADY, STACI V RIVES JUNCTION, MI YOB 1973
Crswl on 6/20/2024 FINED: $2,000
FULL - 195 DAYS, 6/20/2024 THRU 12/31/2024
APPEALED - 6/28/2024
FIGHTING
Ms. Staci Malady is fined $2,000 and suspended until 12/31/24 followed by probation for
two years for violation of Rules 17.14(d) (fighting), 17.14(f) and 17.14(i) (disturbing the
peace). Ms. Malady did yell profanity at Mr. Justin Irvine and ran to the draw gate to pull
him backwards off the race bike at the Croswell County Fair in Croswell, MI on 6/20/2024.

MALADY, PEYTON RIVES JUNCTION, MI YOB UNKN
Crswl on 6/20/2024 FINED: $500
APPEALED - 6/28/2024
OFFENSIVE/PROFANE LANGUAGE
Ms. Peyton Malady is fined $500 and placed on six months probation for violation of Rules
17.14(f) (offensive and profane language) and 17.14(i) (disturbing the peace) by verbally
encouraging Ms. Staci Malady at the draw gate of the Croswell Fair in Croswell, MI on
6/20/2024.

Raging pace

• 4 claimer
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2024, 11:03:51 AM »
This is hilarious, when he got this positive over a year ago, I commented on USA Harnesslink that he was a crooked cheating bum. A friend of mine had horses with him years ago and Holloway was giving him fake vet bills that him and the vet we’re splitting. Holloway and some of his cheating buddies responded back that it was false, it wasn’t going to be a positive , that he was a great honest trainer. Well, we’re are they now defending this fat cheating bum , once a cheat, always a cheat. I wouldn’t let Holloway train my horse if he did it for free !

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2024, 12:37:56 PM »
Let me say right up front, I am not a fan of Joe Holloway. Not because of this situation. I haven't been a fan of his from day one. I know him, say hello, chat, whatever. I just wouldn't give him a horse and I am just not a fan of him personally or professionally. I know a few of his owners, and they have done well with him, and that's fine. He's just not my cup of tea so to speak. That being the case-----one, this is a testosterone positive. I get that. The test came back at 3,765 pg/ml. Holloway immediately requested a split sample, which for some reason took over a half-year-----and the lad admitted it was their fault-----and that came back positive at 3,635 pg/ml. Positive confirmed. Other than this case, other than a guy or three posting on a BB board (Marty Granoff and Ted Gewertz will say otherwise), what is his record for positives? Before I call the guy a cheat or a crook, I  want to know what the history is.

Two, according to the Dr. Scollay, colts, in-tact colts can in fact have situational and seasonal spikes for testosterone levels and there can be big swings-----which is why the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium does not recommend any threshold level for testosterone (Dr. Mary Scollay is the Executive Director and COO of the RMTC. She is a well respected authority in this area). Now of course Holloway says that the colt was never given testosterone and can show vet records-----of course he can! That's meaningless so nobody should waste time on this.

What I do find interesting is that based upon the appeal, Pennsylvania may be the only state that has actually has a testosterone threshold level intact male horses (and that level is apparently set at 3,000 pg/ml-----which the RMTC, the ACRI Medication committee, and Canada's CPMA's Equine Drug Control Program all say is extremely low for an intact male. Holloway also had an independent vet and lab pull hair follicle samples from Perfect Sting as soon as he found out about the positive test-----and had that lab send all the material for testing to some independent lab in the UK, which can test and determine whether or not the horse was actually given and was treated with testosterone at that time or if it was natural in his system at that level. Me, I am curious and I want to see those results. Not that it would matter as I don't think it would have a bearing on this case-----but, perhaps it should. I want to see those results for me, before I call this guy a cheat and a crook.

Who else are we labeling as a cheat and a crook-----and who else should be banned for life because of a positive like this? Linda Toscano? Brett Pelling? Ross Crogan? Steve Elliott? Kelvin Harrison? Nifty Norman? Chuck Sylvester? Ronnie Gurfein? Who else, where do we draw the line? Do we go further back? Ron Waples? Doug Ackerman? George Sholty? Haughton? Dancer? Anyone know their records on positives?

Gaagoots

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2024, 12:41:30 PM »
Let me say right up front, I am not a fan of Joe Holloway. Not because of this situation. I haven't been a fan of his from day one. I know him, say hello, chat, whatever. I just wouldn't give him a horse and I am just not a fan of him personally or professionally. I know a few of his owners, and they have done well with him, and that's fine. He's just not my cup of tea so to speak. That being the case-----one, this is a testosterone positive. I get that. The test came back at 3,765 pg/ml. Holloway immediately requested a split sample, which for some reason took over a half-year-----and the lad admitted it was their fault-----and that came back positive at 3,635 pg/ml. Positive confirmed. Other than this case, other than a guy or three posting on a BB board (Marty Granoff and Ted Gewertz will say otherwise), what is his record for positives? Before I call the guy a cheat or a crook, I  want to know what the history is.

Two, according to the Dr. Scollay, colts, in-tact colts can in fact have situational and seasonal spikes for testosterone levels and there can be big swings-----which is why the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium does not recommend any threshold level for testosterone (Dr. Mary Scollay is the Executive Director and COO of the RMTC. She is a well respected authority in this area). Now of course Holloway says that the colt was never given testosterone and can show vet records-----of course he can! That's meaningless so nobody should waste time on this.

What I do find interesting is that based upon the appeal, Pennsylvania may be the only state that has actually has a testosterone threshold level intact male horses (and that level is apparently set at 3,000 pg/ml-----which the RMTC, the ACRI Medication committee, and Canada's CPMA's Equine Drug Control Program all say is extremely low for an intact male. Holloway also had an independent vet and lab pull hair follicle samples from Perfect Sting as soon as he found out about the positive test-----and had that lab send all the material for testing to some independent lab in the UK, which can test and determine whether or not the horse was actually given and was treated with testosterone at that time or if it was natural in his system at that level. Me, I am curious and I want to see those results. Not that it would matter as I don't think it would have a bearing on this case-----but, perhaps it should. I want to see those results for me, before I call this guy a cheat and a crook.

Who else are we labeling as a cheat and a crook-----and who else should be banned for life because of a positive like this? Linda Toscano? Brett Pelling? Ross Crogan? Steve Elliott? Kelvin Harrison? Nifty Norman? Chuck Sylvester? Ronnie Gurfein? Who else, where do we draw the line? Do we go further back? Ron Waples? Doug Ackerman? George Sholty? Haughton? Dancer? Anyone know their records on positives?
All great points!

Raging pace

• 4 claimer
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2024, 12:48:21 PM »
Not disagreeing with you grandstand handicapper, many, many cheats !

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2024, 01:15:32 PM »
Not disagreeing with you grandstand handicapper, many, many cheats !

Thanks, I appreciate it, I really do, but I am not looking to make points. I really want to know. Every time someone says cheat and crook-----how many steps away from MP are we? Yes, many. But how many? With all the grandstanding (no pun intended) and soapbox preaching and blowhards on BB's-----who is a cheater and crook and who isn't? Doug Ackerman is a crook because Dan Nance says so? Linda Toscano is a crook because Butchy Numbnuts says she is? Ray Remmen, perhaps the most respected trainer-driver ever, in the history of the Meadowlands, who has campaigned and won you name it.......who you could not respect and admire even if you tried.......even that guy has had a positive test. More than one actually. Nobody, nobody anywhere is calling Ray Remmen a cheat or a crook, and if they do, please give me their name so I can add to the list of people I go out of my way to avoid. LOL. Me, I say Brett Pelling not being in the HOF casts a credibility question on the HOF. That's my opinion!

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2024, 01:40:31 PM »
Nothing in Goshen means anything anymore..

Miguel_Sanchez

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2024, 01:46:56 PM »
Brett Pelling and Steve Elliot not being in the HOF are just crazy.  Elliot has won every triple crown race both Trotters and Pacers.  He has won every major two yr old event and 3yo old event.  He has won every division of the Breeders Crown.  Who else can say this?

Wild bull

• Open / FFA
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2024, 11:27:30 PM »
I could careless for or against Joe always seemed like a nice guy when I was stabled next to him at showplace I think it's fucked up when a stud comes up positive for testosterone so many things that can jack up the levels just like us guys the wind can blow and get us excited was a mare close to him on the trailer or paddock once again not make an excuse for Joe but in general I remember awhile back Allard got a testosterone at the big m and it went away for the same reason I mentioned already

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2024, 11:30:54 PM »
I could careless for or against Joe always seemed like a nice guy when I was stabled next to him at showplace I think it's fucked up when a stud comes up positive for testosterone so many things that can jack up the levels just like us guys the wind can blow and get us excited was a mare close to him on the trailer or paddock once again not make an excuse for Joe but in general I remember awhile back Allard got a testosterone at the big m and it went away for the same reason I mentioned already
You get a hard on when the wind blows. Maybe you should see a doctor about that fuckface.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2024, 11:34:14 PM »
I guarantee if Grandstand Handicapped shuts the fuck up. global warming will be a thing of the past. He is so full of hot air, I am amazed he hasn't exploded.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2024, 11:43:02 PM »
Steve Elliott and Brett Pelling not in the HOF. Maybe the voters know something you fucking retards don't.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2024, 11:48:12 PM »
This is hilarious, when he got this positive over a year ago, I commented on USA Harnesslink that he was a crooked cheating bum. A friend of mine had horses with him years ago and Holloway was giving him fake vet bills that him and the vet we’re splitting. Holloway and some of his cheating buddies responded back that it was false, it wasn’t going to be a positive , that he was a great honest trainer. Well, we’re are they now defending this fat cheating bum , once a cheat, always a cheat. I wouldn’t let Holloway train my horse if he did it for free !
Well said. These fucking idiots are either too young or too retarded to remember Holloway/Rovine. Maybe the biggest chemical abuse on horses in the last half of century.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Thank You Calhoun, Trying to post winners
    September 29, 2024, 12:41:02 PM
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal