Author Topic: Would you give your horse Lasix strictly as a preventive therapeutic ?  (Read 3198 times)

Meadow Ford

• Stakes Horse
I could only speak from what I’ve experienced, but I’ve had a lot of horses never piss in the spit box and sometimes the paddock. Lasix or not. The people working the spit box typically want you right into the stall as soon as you are done bathing and sometimes don’t give too much time to cool the horse off. Everyone seems to have their own method of cooling out whether be walking or nothing. Horse doesn’t piss in certain time they just pull blood. They have other races to work and can’t become backed up.

Aside that, some horses piss right away, lasix or not.
I will take your word for it only because you use the term "spit box".
I too go back to when they did collect spit thus "spit box".
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
If it were my call...the answer is no.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
I guess the question is - if it clears the system through urine, is it effective as a therapeutic/performance enhancer?

I am legitimately asking; I don't know the processes of drugs in a horse's system.
Years ago, the only test was saliva. That is why they called it a spit box. Eventually technology advanced and blood testing commenced. Cornell University eventually came up with equine urine tests which is how most drugs today are detected. I don't think Lasix has any value on its own. If your horse is a true bleeder, there are better things out there to use and quite frankly they aren't as detrimental to a horse's health as Lasix. I may be in the minority but I believe it compromises bone density after prolonged usage regardless of replenishing minerals/electrolytes after administration. 

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
Have you taken into consideration that a good amount of horses don’t end up pissing in the spit box ?
Lucky them. If you know for sure that your horse will not piss, you can get away with so many pre race options that will no longer be detectable in the blood.

Wild bull

• Open / FFA
The main reason Lasix is used is to eliminate evidence. For example..Take 2 horses..1 on Lasix and 1 not. Give both a 10cc shot of Bute 24 hours before race. After 12 hours, the Bute leaves the blood and collects in the bladder for elimination. The horse given Lasix eliminates the Bute by urinating unnaturally gallons and gallons of liquid while the non lasix horse doesn't. After race when urine is tested on both these horses, the odds of Bute in the sample of Lasix horse is minute while the non lasix sample is questionable. That is why all trainers get their horse on the Lasix list. They can now give drugs closer than the non Lasix horse leading up to a race. Does it make a difference? Apparently many believe it does.
   so basically the same shit I said just in your own words to make you feel important and not having to agree with me dummy

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
   so basically the same shit I said just in your own words to make you feel important and not having to agree with me dummy
No dummy, you said Lasix covers up other drugs. It may but I don't know if it does. I said Lasix eliminates the remains of other drugs because of the speeding up the urination process.

Wild bull

• Open / FFA
No dummy, you said Lasix covers up other drugs. It may but I don't know if it does. I said Lasix eliminates the remains of other drugs because of the speeding up the urination process.
so bute ain't a drug wow thank you for teaching me something today
« Last Edit: July 07, 2024, 03:04:27 AM by Wild bull »

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
so cute ain't a drug wow thank you for teaching me something today
I try to dumb myself down to your level and understand what you post but I refuse to eat paint chips.

Wild bull

• Open / FFA
I try to dumb myself down to your level and understand what you post but I refuse to eat paint chips.
well you better eat them chips it's the only thing you can probably afford do I need to speak s.    L.     O.  W.    E.  R    f.   O.   R.        Y.   O.    U what part of what I said is to hard for your pea brain to figure out

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
well you better eat them chips it's the only thing you can probably afford do I need to speak s.    L.     O.  W.    E.  R    f.   O.   R.        Y.   O.    U what part of what I said is to hard for your pea brain to figure out
Sorry Dickbreath, your intellect is that of a slug. I don't understand jibberish. Not only is your grammar a complete disaster but you don't have an ounce of knowledge about horses. Come back in about 10 years when you learn something.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
[/quote
Lasix doesn’t cover up anything,
First it targets the Loop of Henie, on drugs that have a permissible level , Bute , Banimine so one it can temporarily lower the level in the urine concentration to under the level, but on drugs that have no permissible level , narcotics, smooth muscle relaxers so on,it will lower the concentration but
but they are still detectable. That’s why you see this positive for pictograms and the trainers blaming everything from personal voiding in stall to lab contamination. If you do some research, like I have done was my former field , these positive with all the nefarious drugs, exp gabapentin in Ohio all the horse were on wait for it Lasix.
The reverse effect of Lasix and it’s the only one is Sodium Bicarbonate, when the backstretch chemist like L. Zembinsky get these sky high readings on a high Bicarbonate it’s from the Lasix because Lasix lowers the circulating water but the bicarbonate level is not affected because the molecular weight. So there defense is I would have had to give 2 lbs to get a reading that high. No just 8oz pull the water 2-4 hrs before horse gets Lasix and you have the potential to get a sky high reading. Again that’s why HISA is so need. Our current system across the country is broken.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2024, 10:00:01 AM by White Rabbit »

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
[/quote
Lasix doesn’t cover up anything,
First it targets the Loop of Henie, on drugs that have a permissible level , Bute , Banimine so one it can temporarily lower the level in the urine concentration to under the level, but on drugs that have no permissible level , narcotics, smooth muscle relaxers so on,it will lower the concentration but
but they are still detectable. That’s why you see this positive for pictograms and the trainers blaming everything from personal voiding in stall to lab contamination. If you do some research, like I have done was my former field , these positive with all the nefarious drugs, exp gabapentin in Ohio all the horse were on wait for it Lasix.
The reverse effect of Lasix and it’s the only one is Sodium Bicarbonate, when the backstretch chemist like L. Zembinsky get these sky high readings on a high Bicarbonate it’s from the Lasix because Lasix lowers the circulating water but the bicarbonate level is not affected because the molecular weight. So there defense is I would have had to give 2 lbs to get a reading that high. No just 8oz pull the water 2-4 hrs before horse gets Lasix and you have the potential to get a sky high reading. Again that’s why HISA is so need. Our current system across the country is broken.
The reading comprehension here is amazingly poor. Firstly, I never said Lasix covers up any drug. I posted that a Lasix infused horse eliminates the remains of some drugs quicker than a horse not on Lasix. Secondly, I never posted that Lasix eliminates the remains of ALL drugs. 

Gaagoots

• Elite
What a dumb fucking idea especially in the summer!

Wild bull

• Open / FFA
Hey dick Campbell how is my knowledge of horses bad lasix helps hide drugs better you can give more soda amongst other things those are facts dummy ten year old grandson knows that so go back to choking on them dicks

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
Hey dick Campbell how is my knowledge of horses bad lasix helps hide drugs better you can give more soda amongst other things those are facts dummy ten year old grandson knows that so go back to choking on them dicks
Wrong again retard. Lasix doesn't hide the baking soda. Testing protocols are different for Lasix and Non Lasix horses. The reason for this is that Lasix raises PH. Commissions allow for this rise by allowing Lasix horses to test higher TCO2 levels than non Lasix horses. In theory, you can give a Lasix horse 1-2 ounces more of Baking Soda than a non Lasix horse but many have been caught when pushing the envelope. The next time you are right about something will be the first time. PS.. We traced your IP address. You actually are a felon. I will be posting the court papers from your 2 convictions Monday or Tuesday since it seems you don't care. Good Luck Shit For Brains

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Thank You Calhoun, Trying to post winners
    September 29, 2024, 12:41:02 PM
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal