Author Topic: Voukefalas  (Read 2109 times)

Laag

• Top Claimer
Voukefalas
« on: July 07, 2024, 08:59:55 AM »
Impressive in the Graduate in 147.3. All 3 legs crafty drives by Stratton as the horse shows he can put up a fast first quarter and fast last quarter....a deadly combo at the FFA level.  Cashed in a nice ticket at 8-1....shocking to get that price given some of the inconsistency of some others and Ken Hanover racing hard last week definitely hurt him this week.  The next step for Voukefalas  is to see if he can rough it against the big boys like Abuckabett and Allywag. They said Jersey breds were washed up, not so fast

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
Re: Voukefalas
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2024, 09:04:41 AM »
He has definitely stepped up as a 4 year old. Russo has done a good job with him.

Laag

• Top Claimer
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2024, 09:32:22 AM »
yep last year had some hard luck early and then was non existent at the end of the season. Compare to Its My Show who after one good race last week folded again on the front end and looks more like Best in Show than a legit FFA contender

also pretty shocked that Seven Colors has been so poor lately

Some of these lesser thought of 4 YOs like No Control and Act Fast look like they could be players. Maybe all the top 3 Yos last year wore themselves out racing so hard. Look how far Christchurch and Fulton have fallen as well

If I was Russo I would have Voukefalas skip the Haughton next week and rest up for the US Pacing/McKee

hoosierboy

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2024, 09:41:20 AM »
Defiantly capable of being the the top 4 year old

Newt Lobell

• Top Claimer
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2024, 11:50:21 AM »
He's a good horse but could not have had a more ideal trip. The pace really collapsed. A bet against for me next time if he is short odds.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2024, 12:12:56 PM »
 TERRIBLE DRIVE ON COACH STEFANOS,,

REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Miguel_Sanchez

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2024, 12:48:13 PM »
yep last year had some hard luck early and then was non existent at the end of the season. Compare to Its My Show who after one good race last week folded again on the front end and looks more like Best in Show than a legit FFA contender

also pretty shocked that Seven Colors has been so poor lately

Some of these lesser thought of 4 YOs like No Control and Act Fast look like they could be players. Maybe all the top 3 Yos last year wore themselves out racing so hard. Look how far Christchurch and Fulton have fallen as well

If I was Russo I would have Voukefalas skip the Haughton next week and rest up for the US Pacing/McKee

Seven Colors is a horrible bleeder and likely will never be a top class horse again.  Fulton is a pee hearted rat plain and simple and has had too many trips on the front end.  IMS is another pee hearted horse that should go to racing in the open or invite in Ohio where he can get his confidence back.  So many of these so called top horses are mis managed that it really costs them money.  That's one thing Burke is good at.  Drop them down to and invite braven them up for a while then try the big boys.

Laag

• Top Claimer
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2024, 02:34:27 PM »
He's a good horse but could not have had a more ideal trip. The pace really collapsed. A bet against for me next time if he is short odds.

Well he was 3 wide and had to work getting to the top after a 26 and piece quarter then had to come home in 26 and a piece. In this previous races in Graduate where he finished 2nd and 3rd he did the same thing but got blocked by outside horses and had to inside. I love he shows speeds at the start and finish

Sunmoon 1219

• Open / FFA
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2024, 04:44:39 PM »
Both trainer and driver deserved this one . Stratton can really drive the big track .

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2024, 05:54:28 PM »

The 'trip' was well-earned!  Not the best post-position draw, not the worst! 
Being on your home track helped the cause too!

Newt Lobell

• Top Claimer
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2024, 07:58:07 AM »
Well he was 3 wide and had to work getting to the top after a 26 and piece quarter then had to come home in 26 and a piece. In this previous races in Graduate where he finished 2nd and 3rd he did the same thing but got blocked by outside horses and had to inside. I love he shows speeds at the start and finish

Visually impressive, no doubt and Jordan gave him a perfect steer. But Ken Hanover uncharacteristica lly spit the bit and the horse took advantage of it.

I stopped putting an emphasis on times at the Big M as I think they are phony. I rely on race flow/trip. They have horses finishing final quarters in 24.4. C'mon man!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Thank You Calhoun, Trying to post winners
    September 29, 2024, 12:41:02 PM
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal