Author Topic: Looks like horsehaggle.com is the same as ongait?  (Read 3258 times)

hasbeen

• Stakes Horse
Re: Looks like horsehaggle.com is the same as ongait?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2024, 08:55:08 AM »
will go by the waste side soom cant compete with on gait
don't bet against anything. too soon to tell but a lot of my friends who still own a few are always bitching about on gait and it's "rip off rates". tbh I never needed it myself but I am gonna keep looking for old Maywood and Sportsmans stuff at least. Point is lots of negative about on gait. what could it hurt to try a less expensive site? just saying...
well, it's game over here at Maywood. thanks johnny Johnston for giving us fans the shaft!

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2024, 09:54:54 AM »
Your right. Choices are always great to have. I wish them the best. I don't know the financial commitment to this start-up. I do know Ongait and Preferred Equine are well funded and managed by people with decades of success and thousands of clients. Tapping into their market will take much more than luck.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2024, 10:13:51 AM »
Like it or not, being that this forum is not the typical buyer, any site that deals with a typical buyer is going to have to have a credibility factor. No offense, but Dan and Scott Nance don't have it. I never liked him, but Eric Cherry was a nationally known commodity, who had played the game at the highest levels, and was well known by the leaders in the industry. Even that, ongait had some struggles early on.

PEM? Credibility? Please, you had Geoff Stein and David Reid, two of the most respected bloodstock names in the industry, if not the world. If they put their names behind something, the question of credibility is immediately answered and never questioned again.

PineHurstPacer

• Top Claimer
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2024, 10:58:10 AM »
I give it 3 months until an autopsy is performed on this site

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2024, 11:01:44 AM »
reids site is terrble

no horses 6 or 9 at a sale

REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Dingus

• Open / FFA
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2024, 11:30:29 AM »
reids site is terrble

no horses 6 or 9 at a sale

True, but they give you a lot of information.
HORSEHAGGLE has no information except running lines- no writeup at all

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2024, 12:35:07 PM »
Like it or not, being that this forum is not the typical buyer, any site that deals with a typical buyer is going to have to have a credibility factor. No offense, but Dan and Scott Nance don't have it. I never liked him, but Eric Cherry was a nationally known commodity, who had played the game at the highest levels, and was well known by the leaders in the industry. Even that, ongait had some struggles early on.

PEM? Credibility? Please, you had Geoff Stein and David Reid, two of the most respected bloodstock names in the industry, if not the world. If they put their names behind something, the question of credibility is immediately answered and never questioned again.
This what I said, just many less words.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2024, 05:07:19 PM »
This what I said, just many less words.

Actually, I don't think so, but you know what they say, opinions vary. It's OK, the words are free. Or you can just move on. To me, it's simply about credibility. Not funding, not backing, not tech, nothing but credibility. Nobody is going to get behind a platform where the principals have no credibility.

M P

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2024, 05:39:42 PM »
Vegas phone, NYC address.
21th Street?  ngc3

Go ahead, give them all your personal and banking info.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 05:47:01 PM by M P »
But "I'M" detrimental to the industry.

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2024, 08:30:12 PM »
Actually, I don't think so, but you know what they say, opinions vary. It's OK, the words are free. Or you can just move on. To me, it's simply about credibility. Not funding, not backing, not tech, nothing but credibility. Nobody is going to get behind a platform where the principals have no credibility.
" and managed by people with decades of success and thousands of clients." Semantics.

Muncie

• NW-1
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2024, 09:46:54 PM »

If you think Eric cherry is trustworthy and nationally known, please show me where. The guy is a common thief and if can name you 25 horseman that will spit in his face because of how he screwed them on ongait. I don’t know anything about preferred but I can tell you ongait with the history they have does not have a good reputation. Competition is good for everyone but I am not an ongait fan.  Maybe we should ask poster Samstar what he thinks of ongait and Erv miller.  lol I will check out preferred tho.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2024, 09:57:20 PM »
If you think Eric cherry is trustworthy and nationally known, please show me where. The guy is a common thief and if can name you 25 horseman that will spit in his face because of how he screwed them on ongait. I don’t know anything about preferred but I can tell you ongait with the history they have does not have a good reputation. Competition is good for everyone but I am not an ongait fan.  Maybe we should ask poster Samstar what he thinks of ongait and Erv miller.  lol I will check out preferred tho.

I never said he was trustworthy. Go look at what I said about him in other posts. I actually said I don't like him and never did. I never thought he was trustworthy at all. But he won over some important people early on and got to play the game at the highest level. For whatever reason, that gets you some credibility with some people. Not me. Like him or not, he's gotten ongait to be a contender and certainly an alternative to PEM. I don't like how he runs his business or some of the people he's involved with, and that's why I don't like him or trust him. 

Muncie

• NW-1
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2024, 11:30:07 PM »
I never said he was trustworthy. Go look at what I said about him in other posts. I actually said I don't like him and never did. I never thought he was trustworthy at all. But he won over some important people early on and got to play the game at the highest level. For whatever reason, that gets you some credibility with some people. Not me. Like him or not, he's gotten ongait to be a contender and certainly an alternative to PEM. I don't like how he runs his business or some of the people he's involved with, and that's why I don't like him or trust him.
Thanks for clearing that up. I looked at preferred and tbh all of them look about the same. Ongait has most of the business but I hear a lot of complaints at how much they charge and how they treat the small guys. Also Maurice at ongait has jacked over a lot of horsemen too.  This is why I always believe that competition is good for everyone. I do like one thing on t,he new site haggle how they have other things beside horses. The collectible section was a good idea and it’s pretty cool looking at some of the old stuff. But I could take or leave all of them.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • dougie: Old and tired, i still feel bad about Freehold closing.
    September 19, 2024, 12:47:09 PM
  • Papillon: changing diapers together
    September 05, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
  • Minjae: Where are Jen Bongiorno and the white knight?
    September 05, 2024, 12:28:36 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Sure was a gift, Dougie. I was happy to see him race, and win
    August 31, 2024, 04:11:00 PM
  • dougie: 2-1 0n Charlie May was a gift!!!!!
    August 31, 2024, 11:49:19 AM
  • Demples: Binkley
    August 29, 2024, 05:42:52 AM
  • Albatross77: I hope he goes down fucking hard!!
    August 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: You better pray good boy!
    August 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal