Author Topic: great two yr old colts at Pocono today/ the nest Niatross ?  (Read 3021 times)

macdaddi

• Open / FFA
What a day for racing at Pocono Downs with some super impressive two yr old colts racing. Dreamboat Hanover who has been called by someone in the industry the next Niatross, comes off an easy win in 152. Inflation Proof comes off a stunning win in 153 over the sloppy going.

rainman2

• Elite
Re: great two yr old colts at Pocono today/ the nest Niatross ?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2024, 08:57:46 AM »
I don’t think Niatross raced at Pocono!

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2024, 10:44:22 AM »
Don't think there was a Pocono back then but that's not what he's trying to say.  I won't say off of one start that anyone is a world beater until they go under 50 first time out. 

Railroad Station went a big trip from an outside post in his last all over the track for Burke and still finished in 26.  Watch out for him.

Finally a message to our beloved Pocono handicapper.  About damn time  tmbz1, aside from one spelling error in the header no major complaints.  Keep writing like this Brian and you will never hear me put you down again. (Unless you say something stupid  ngc3 )

Meadow Ford

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2024, 11:06:20 AM »
Don't think there was a Pocono back then but that's not what he's trying to say. 
I raced at Pocono in the early 70's.
Niatross was a foal of 1977.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2024, 11:27:00 AM »
Pretty bold statement after one start.  Please name someone in the industry that said this! 

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2024, 11:31:50 AM »
I raced at Pocono in the early 70's.
Niatross was a foal of 1977.
No problem.  My memory for that stuff is long gone.  I never went to Pocono so I have no clue. 

Still that's not the topic here.  How good is Dreamboat Hanover?  IMO his maternal line is very weak, he's a gelding, and is trained by a Schaedel. A comparison to Niatross is really not warranted here.

jupiter

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2024, 11:41:50 AM »
Niagara Dream wan't anything special. 2:10 mare

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2024, 11:52:56 AM »
Yes, Niatross was a Freak of Nature, he overcame his breeding but where are his descendants now?  I don't think you should compare a gelding with a stud either.  He can't even leave a legacy unless he becomes a World Champion. 

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2024, 11:56:29 AM »
Yes, Niatross was a Freak of Nature, he overcame his breeding but where are his descendants now?  I don't think you should compare a gelding with a stud either.  He can't even leave a legacy unless he becomes a World Champion.

Next FOILED AGAIN?   tmbz1

PineHurstPacer

• Top Claimer
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2024, 12:04:10 PM »
Did no one else see Swingtown win Saturday night.

Another Ohio bred who's going to win Grand Circuit Stake races.

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2024, 12:04:33 PM »
What a day for racing at Pocono Downs with some super impressive two yr old colts racing. Dreamboat Hanover who has been called by someone in the industry the next Niatross, comes off an easy win in 152. Inflation Proof comes off a stunning win in 153 over the sloppy going.

Buffoon type statement

a gelding driven by Andy Miller coming off a false fast mile-now you say "someone in the industry" says Niatross?

i think you are a clock staring dope who doesnt watch races and thinks every 2yo who wins their first race is Niatross

idiot--you are the one saying he is Niatross

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2024, 12:09:52 PM »
Pretty bold statement after one start.  Please name someone in the industry that said this!

Buffoon type statement

a gelding driven by Andy Miller coming off a false fast mile-now you say "someone in the industry" says Niatross?

i think you are a clock staring dope who doesnt watch races and thinks every 2yo who wins their first race is Niatross

idiot--you are the one saying he is Niatross
Macdaddi aka Brian Macevoy the Pocono track handicapper didn't say this he just repeated something he saw. Murray Brown wrote an article for HRU.  This quote is from his interview with Schadel.

"There are some who say that you have a 2-year-old named Dreamboat Hanover, who may with time become one of our greats. Greg Wasiluk posted on Facebook something to the effect of ‘I think I just saw the next Niatross’ after his last win at Pocono Downs. "

The article also said he isin't staked to much this year other than PASS but is eligible to just about everything next year.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2024, 12:14:10 PM by The Thorn »

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2024, 12:21:11 PM »
OK-Brian just trying to promote Pocono

makes sense now

any 2yo who wins their debut at Pocono is the next "all time great"

i get it

ty

he probably thinks Sebastian K was the greatest trotter ever

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2024, 12:29:58 PM »
Did no one else see Swingtown win Saturday night.

Another Ohio bred who's going to win Grand Circuit Stake races.
Now this is a well bred horse.  Downbytheseaside/Swinging Beauty.  She won over $800,000 took a record of 49.4 and is from the family of Tall Dark Stranger and all of Avritt's super mares. He's a brother to  Whichwaytothebeac h and Captain Barbossa. Don't know if he is staked to Grand Circuit but this one might be special.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2024, 12:38:20 PM by The Thorn »

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2024, 12:35:12 PM »
I won't dive into the drama pool, but I will say this.....you may think Murray Brown may be a decent writer. That's up to you. You may think he is well versed on pedigree. Again, up to you. However, Murray Brown doesn't know shit about having an eye for racing talent. Period. He only knows what he regurgitates from people he talks to. At one time, he talked to people who knew, but they are all gone now (Ronnie Gurfein being his main expert opinion). Now, if Bob Marks saw the colt, I would give his opinion some credibility. If Les Stark saw him, I might give his opinion some credibility. Several others too, but I won't mention their names.

Just remember, every year, John Campbell drove a 2yo that was "perhaps the greatest 2you I have ever driven." LOL.

I'm looking forward to seeing this colt, like all the other ones people talk about.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • dougie: Old and tired, i still feel bad about Freehold closing.
    September 19, 2024, 12:47:09 PM
  • Papillon: changing diapers together
    September 05, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
  • Minjae: Where are Jen Bongiorno and the white knight?
    September 05, 2024, 12:28:36 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Sure was a gift, Dougie. I was happy to see him race, and win
    August 31, 2024, 04:11:00 PM
  • dougie: 2-1 0n Charlie May was a gift!!!!!
    August 31, 2024, 11:49:19 AM
  • Demples: Binkley
    August 29, 2024, 05:42:52 AM
  • Albatross77: I hope he goes down fucking hard!!
    August 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: You better pray good boy!
    August 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal