Author Topic: great two yr old colts at Pocono today/ the nest Niatross ?  (Read 3022 times)

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
Re: great two yr old colts at Pocono today/ the nest Niatross ?
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2024, 12:42:49 PM »
Murray Brown just interviewed Schadel he never saw the horse and not one word he wrote was based on his own personal experience or his "eye for talent"

Just saying... 

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2024, 12:46:05 PM »
Murray Brown is so full of shit on most things!  I think it's definitely a nice horse, but don't say stupid things like that!

PineHurstPacer

• Top Claimer
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2024, 01:43:25 PM »
Now this is a well bred horse.  Downbytheseaside/Swinging Beauty.  She won over $800,000 took a record of 49.4 and is from the family of Tall Dark Stranger and all of Avritt's super mares. He's a brother to  Whichwaytothebeac h and Captain Barbossa. Don't know if he is staked to Grand Circuit but this one might be special.

Burke's owners paid 160K for him

You can bet he's staked to everything

I don't ever recall seeing a driver pull out of the pocket and immediately grab a hold his horse, knowing how much the best he was

That was fucking impressive

Anakin

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2024, 01:50:45 PM »
Burke's owners paid 160K for him

You can bet he's staked to everything

I don't ever recall seeing a driver pull out of the pocket and immediately grab a hold his horse, knowing how much the best he was

That was fucking impressive

Yes, he appears to be staked to everything, even the Metro.  Very astute comments about this colt. Page was visibly restraining this colt after he exploded from the pocket.

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2024, 02:29:08 PM »

Railroad Station went a big trip from an outside post in his last all over the track for Burke and still finished in 26.  Watch out for him.

He won the first division today in 51.1 tying the current fastest mile for a 2 year old, and probably could have gone faster.  You don't see a too many young horses survive a 54.1 half like that.  Very Impressive.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2024, 02:48:21 PM by The Thorn »

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2024, 03:02:27 PM »
No problem.  My memory for that stuff is long gone.  I never went to Pocono so I have no clue. 

Still that's not the topic here.  How good is Dreamboat Hanover?  IMO his maternal line is very weak, he's a gelding, and is trained by a Schaedel. A comparison to Niatross is really not warranted here.

I don't know about "very weak" -- maternal family did produce The Panderosa, among others. And Dreamboat's dam was a 300K winner and is a million-dollar producer -- best being Done Well with over 700K made. Question is: Why did this first crop Papi Rob slip through for 10K?

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2024, 03:09:10 PM »
They said he was toed in.  I will agree that there is something there maternally. When I looked up his dam in the pedigree database it did not show Done Well.  He was one of my favorite horses for a while so I wouldn't have said very weak if the database was complete.
Thanks.

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2024, 03:09:35 PM »
Railroad Station was very good today.  Eric Good bred it but didn't get in on the ownership and he does/did have horses with Burke.  Wonder why?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2024, 03:11:51 PM by Harness racer »

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2024, 03:36:12 PM »
Now this is a well bred horse.  Downbytheseaside/Swinging Beauty.  She won over $800,000 took a record of 49.4 and is from the family of Tall Dark Stranger and all of Avritt's super mares. He's a brother to  Whichwaytothebeac h and Captain Barbossa. Don't know if he is staked to Grand Circuit but this one might be special.

Very true. What's more unique about Swingtown is both sire and dam share the exact same maternal family and the outstanding broodmare Dominique Semalu -- she being the third dam of Downbytheseaside and the second dam of Swinging Beauty -- the dam of Swingtown -- very unusual Swingtown's closest cross being a broodmare.

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2024, 03:57:12 PM »
They said he was toed in.  I will agree that there is something there maternally. When I looked up his dam in the pedigree database it did not show Done Well.  He was one of my favorite horses for a while so I wouldn't have said very weak if the database was complete.
Thanks.

Welcome. Definitely prefer toed in than toed out.

macdaddi

• Open / FFA
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2024, 04:54:46 PM »
Well that hype will quiet after that performance. Dreamboat Hanover looked like a nice two y old,period. Andy was urging him just to win. Unless he had a problem, its time to move to the next wannabee. There were bettors on board at 1-9 and almost $14,000 bet to show

The Unstable

• Top Claimer
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2024, 07:32:24 PM »
Honestly Dreamboat had a huge Q and first race.  Today not as impressive for sure but could be sick or not that good.  I would be over the moon if I bought that colt for 10K.

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2024, 10:59:48 PM »
Railroad Station was very good today.  Eric Good bred it but didn't get in on the ownership and he does/did have horses with Burke.  Wonder why?

He was sold through Eric Good's farm in Kentucky, Spring Station.

macdaddi

• Open / FFA
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2024, 07:55:38 AM »
please grammar police watch your spelling the correct spelling of my last name is McEvoy not Macevoy

thank u

Kirbys Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2024, 12:02:27 PM »
He was sold through Eric Good's farm in Kentucky, Spring Station.

Must have made Green a hell of an offer for Josh to pull up and leave Delaware!
Back by popular demand!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • dougie: Old and tired, i still feel bad about Freehold closing.
    September 19, 2024, 12:47:09 PM
  • Papillon: changing diapers together
    September 05, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
  • Minjae: Where are Jen Bongiorno and the white knight?
    September 05, 2024, 12:28:36 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Sure was a gift, Dougie. I was happy to see him race, and win
    August 31, 2024, 04:11:00 PM
  • dougie: 2-1 0n Charlie May was a gift!!!!!
    August 31, 2024, 11:49:19 AM
  • Demples: Binkley
    August 29, 2024, 05:42:52 AM
  • Albatross77: I hope he goes down fucking hard!!
    August 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: You better pray good boy!
    August 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal