Author Topic: only 1 scheduled drive for-----  (Read 5760 times)

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: only 1 scheduled drive for-----
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2024, 10:40:46 PM »
How many trainers put him up in major stakes? How many owners want him in major stakes? That's the barometer for that. I've told him many times he's probably the best half mile track driver on the planet. But he also gets very pissy when he doesn't get his way on the racetrack. Ask anyone in the locker room at Yonkers. For whatever reason, he let's big races get in his head and drives the races 100 times before the gate folds. He has all the numbers to be in the HOF, we all know they want the trophies too. He chose a different path to success. Partnered with Banca not only as his contract driver, but also owned horses together. Yeah I told him back then he was STUPID getting in bed with him. I listened to all the crying about when Banca would take him off because he would choose off every so often and Richie would go ballistic. I told Jason you still gotta drive them right, he'll be back. And again, none of this is bullshit. He was bad at PR and dealing with trainers to lock in a connection to the stakes babies. He threw himself when Burke replaced him with Yannick. The right thing to do is say thank you, I'm here if you ever need me. Schmoozing is one thing and an art. Selling out to criminals is another.

I respectfully disagree with a lot of what you said. I won't speak to your opinion about him as a person, or his business, decisions he's made, etc., nor will I speak to any of the BS you can't prove. However, I will speak to your perspective on him getting drives in major stakes. There's all kinds of stakes drives both on and off the grand circuit. Different drivers get to that level of the sport in different ways. Everyone's journey is different. John Campbell got there in a very different way than Cat Manzi did, than Bill Fahy did, and so on. Look at how Mike Lachance's grand circuit career completely changed. When? When he left NY. Mike was not only leading driver in NY during the mid-80's, but was also the leading driver in North America from 84 to 87. He got grand circuit business and did very well. But in 88 when he moved to the Meadowlands, in the ensuing years his business went to a completely different level. Look at John Patterson Jr. It's much harder for a top driver at YR to graduate to the grand circuit than it is for a top driver at the Meadowlands. For many obvious reasons. Jason may be limited for as long as he's based in NY. But, I don't think he's staying in NY forever. I guess we'll see.

I think Jason's business on an upward trend. He came to the Meadowlands in January and February one day a week. One. In his first 20 drives he had 9 wins. He was driving for different barns 4 weeks after he started. And some of it was the right barns. Barns he can get back into at various times. People noticed his performance, some of the right people. Sure, he still needs a little polishing, he's still improving, and he's still young. You might win some driving titles being first call for a Burke, but you don't win 10,000 races that way. If he keeps learning, stays grounded, and manages his business well, he'll continue to improve and raise the bar on his business. I think that's what we'll see in the coming years. Unfortunately, the driving colony at the Meadowlands has seen some very increased competition in the last 5 to 10 years. That will have an impact as well. Despite your criticisms, I think he's had a good career, and I think the best is yet to come.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2024, 10:45:52 PM »
He is a difference making driver at yonkers and has been for a long time. Anyone who believes his long time success there is strictly due to horsepower isn't paying any attention. IMO

Strictly? No. Never said that. But it's not strictly both ways. Who he drives for at YR has nothing to do with how he performed at the Meadowlands earlier this year. He's shown his talent and ability, and I think he'll continue to do so.

Kole Hanover

• Open / FFA
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2024, 07:00:40 AM »
No identity = scared to death of me. Chicken squirts... ngc3

Lol, imagine being a "family man" like m.p

Congrats mm m.p, yes everyone is scared, scared that one day they might wake up & end up like you.

a 10x loser

*Those who whine & complain are washed up & dried out.*

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2024, 07:37:51 AM »
Please post your drivers license, social security card and mothers maiden last name and stop being a coward!  Just thought I'd beat SCM to it!   ngc3

Kole Hanover

• Open / FFA
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2024, 02:34:06 PM »
Please post your drivers license, social security card and mothers maiden last name and stop being a coward!  Just thought I'd beat SCM to it!   ngc3

Hahaha, slothy m.p would love having everyone's info.

He doesn't realize that I have known him for alot longer than he could imagine.

He thinks he isn't a little rat, but those who have known him for 10 years- there's no fooling them with the holier than thou attitude.

F. M. M

COME ON MAN

• NW-1
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2024, 02:59:47 PM »
Very well said, he is nothing but a MUTT, CUNT, and a RAT

Like I said he is not worthy of knowing the identities of anyone     

Kole Hanover

• Open / FFA
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2024, 07:56:53 PM »

Family man Mike is a weasel!

M P

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2024, 08:16:27 PM »

Translation: Too scared to say who you are.  ngc3
But "I'M" detrimental to the industry.

COME ON MAN

• NW-1
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2024, 08:18:57 PM »
Not one person on here is scared of you.   I promise you that you fucking weasel.  You are not worthy of anything more than cutting grass and not taking care of your family.  How much is in your IRA ?   

Translation= You are a useless MUTT

M P

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2024, 09:36:31 PM »
Not one person on here is scared of you.   I promise you that you fucking weasel.  You are not worthy of anything more than cutting grass and not taking care of your family.  How much is in your IRA ?   

We all know why you cannot expose your identity.  ngc3

M P

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2024, 09:40:04 PM »

Not scared? 18 Schoolhouse Rd.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2024, 12:43:26 AM »
Not scared? 18 Schoolhouse Rd.

What city and what state so we can all google it?

asking for a friend!

Thank you

M P

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2024, 06:07:44 AM »
What city and what state so we can all google it?

asking for a friend!

Thank you

Really? Everyone knows I'm in Cream Ridge. Two years of threats and people gonna do something. Well, still waiting.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2024, 11:06:27 AM »
Really? Everyone knows I'm in Cream Ridge. Two years of threats and people gonna do something. Well, still waiting.

Some of us don’t pay attention to blogs they don’t care about! Thank you for posting the information on this one!

M P

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2024, 11:18:46 AM »
Some of us don’t pay attention to blogs they don’t care about! Thank you for posting the information on this one!
Yet you asked where I am, so you obviously care.  ngc3

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • dougie: Old and tired, i still feel bad about Freehold closing.
    September 19, 2024, 12:47:09 PM
  • Papillon: changing diapers together
    September 05, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
  • Minjae: Where are Jen Bongiorno and the white knight?
    September 05, 2024, 12:28:36 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Sure was a gift, Dougie. I was happy to see him race, and win
    August 31, 2024, 04:11:00 PM
  • dougie: 2-1 0n Charlie May was a gift!!!!!
    August 31, 2024, 11:49:19 AM
  • Demples: Binkley
    August 29, 2024, 05:42:52 AM
  • Albatross77: I hope he goes down fucking hard!!
    August 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: You better pray good boy!
    August 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal