Author Topic: Super horse Karl isn't so super anymore  (Read 3740 times)

Miguel_Sanchez

• Stakes Horse
Re: Super horse Karl isn't so super anymore
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2024, 11:36:47 PM »
If you're not Joe Biden then you may remember the same was said about Karl's sire. Everyone thought he was a bust, making breaks, unable to carry his speed in the turns and what happened? The owners pulled the horse and gave it to Takter and Tactical Landing ended up his career as possibly the best trotter of that year.

He was a gangly colt and didn't trot clean.  Bob Stewart took his time with him and didn't destroy him.  Takter got a more mature horse that had been taught right from day one.  He did a good job but Jimmy didn't work any miracles on an $800K yearling.  He just needed time and patience.  Takter also broke him down too.  Don't forget that one!

wizardofoz

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2024, 11:46:00 PM »
Takter has been using Osphos and Tildren for years and never received one positive or even a warning.  FACTS
In three field studies, adverse reactions in horses treated with TILDREN most commonly occurred during the 90-minute intravenous infusion or within four hours following the end of the infusion. The most common reaction was colic. Expect about 30 to 45 percent of horses given TILDREN to show transient signs of colic. Horses should be observed closely for four hours after treatment. Colic signs can last about 90 minutes and may be intermittent. In many cases, hand-walking may improve or resolve the colic signs. If a horse needs medical therapy, you should give non-NSAID treatments, as the concurrent use of an NSAID increases the risk of renal toxicity and acute renal failure.

Mrpick5

• 4 claimer
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2024, 07:55:33 AM »
How many times on this forum have animals been pre-proclaimed to be the "greatest of all time" only to fade away.

This horse has wicked talent and MULTIPLE PROBLEMS and has had both from day one. Any moron willing to bridge jump on a trotter, no less, should donate the money to charity instead.

Will xxxxxxx off the screen in a moments notice if Gingras even thinks about "urging" and that does not bode well for Hambo. Congrats to the across the board "place" bettors last night. Was bound to happen.
I was waiting to make a big win bet on Legendary Hanover. But when I saw the place money on Karl and how worked up he looked in the post parade. I bet $10 to place on the other 7. And couldn’t believe Ake surged by for 2nd for the $3700 payoff.

Mrpick5

• 4 claimer
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2024, 07:58:33 AM »
If you're not Joe Biden then you may remember the same was said about Karl's sire. Everyone thought he was a bust, making breaks, unable to carry his speed in the turns and what happened? The owners pulled the horse and gave it to Takter and Tactical Landing ended up his career as possibly the best trotter of that year.
I still remember the Breeders Crown he won at Pocono. I believe it was his last career race. He annihilated the field in a driving rainstorm. The track was beyond sloppy.

captain morgan

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2024, 08:49:18 AM »
I was waiting to make a big win bet on Legendary Hanover. But when I saw the place money on Karl and how worked up he looked in the post parade. I bet $10 to place on the other 7. And couldn’t believe Ake surged by for 2nd for the $3700 payoff.

$10 to place on all yielded $3700?

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2024, 09:39:54 AM »
I still remember the Breeders Crown he won at Pocono. I believe it was his last career race. He annihilated the field in a driving rainstorm. The track was beyond sloppy.
tmbz1 tmbz1

https://ustrottingnews.com/tactical-landing-powers-home-for-breeders-crown-win/

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2024, 10:11:07 AM »
$10 to place on all yielded $3700?

$20 on every other horse to place would have yielded $3700 and change on the two bets collected.

captain morgan

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2024, 10:17:38 AM »
$20 on every other horse to place would have yielded $3700 and change on the two bets collected.

Correct..$20 to show..not $10 like poster had stated. Mind bet maybe?

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2024, 10:31:26 AM »
I would bet on a mind bet.  I know that if I had made that bet I wouldn't be forgetting about the driver who made that cash for me. He said it was Ake going by for the money when he was the first past Karl and looked like he was going to win the race until McCARTHY went by for the real money late.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2024, 10:37:00 AM »
Correct..$20 to show..not $10 like poster had stated. Mind bet maybe?

To place, as there was no show betting. I won't argue the stats or #'s, but if you were trying to beat Karl, thought he wouldn't be 1-2, with no show wagering, and you just couldn't handicap the race at all......and you wanted to throw away $140......then it wouldn't have been the worst bet in the world, LOL.

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2024, 12:54:18 PM »
yan ick just hadda have the lead at the 1/2 coulda just floated

Kole Hanover

• Open / FFA
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2024, 07:02:16 PM »

Out of all the things that never happened, I'm pretty sure that never happened the most (your $10 place bet)

"Going to make a huge bet on Legendary Hanover.."

Well why didn't ya?

Facts in the way of a semi decent story
*Those who whine & complain are washed up & dried out.*

Miguel_Sanchez

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2024, 07:51:29 PM »
yan ick just hadda have the lead at the 1/2 coulda just floated

Yannick can't just float.  The only place he can let him trot is up the backside because he can't trot the turns because he is a LAMO

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Thank You Calhoun, Trying to post winners
    September 29, 2024, 12:41:02 PM
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal