Author Topic: Andrew Harris  (Read 3992 times)

Pacingqueen

• Open / FFA
Andrew Harris
« on: July 14, 2024, 11:49:05 AM »
How long until he is back as a groom working for Casey and Beaton? 10 million plus worth of horses and he has had 1 make a little, but the horse was super for Alagna before Andrew bought him. Andrews life as a trainer about over. The ugly freckle red head he carries around better keep training riding horses.
With Love,
Pacing Queen

Mazola

• Stakes Horse
Re: Andrew Harris
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2024, 11:58:22 AM »
More jealousy. Sound bitter, get a life.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2024, 12:50:05 PM »
Guy stumbles/struggles/fails......people are so quick to kick a guy when he's down. On the other hand, he steps up, does great, improves......the guy is labeled a cheater/chemist/drug trainer and so on. Maybe that speaks to the commenters and not the subject.

London

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2024, 01:00:14 PM »
Its beatins turn to get the gas...

Kole Hanover

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2024, 06:24:09 PM »

Only a dog would be worrying about this dicks so soon after their wife passing away.
*Those who whine & complain are washed up & dried out.*

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2024, 06:51:25 PM »
beaton/coleman doing damage ??

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2024, 08:02:33 PM »
New name, same yogurt!  tmbz1

hoosierboy

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2024, 08:36:35 PM »
Good Luck this year Andrew

Miguel_Sanchez

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2024, 11:32:18 PM »
Good Luck this year Andrew

The only thing Andrew is good at is running his mouth and lying through his teeth.  This Pollock didn't do much research before he decided to open his checkbook.  He will be out of the game quickly and sour.

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2024, 12:44:23 AM »
Did you not see Pollock's interview with Little last night?  This guy does not care anything about money and is spilling over with happiness for his newfound fame.  Did you get the part about who his advisor is?  Must be some hot shot right?  It's his son.  His 14 YEAR OLD SON.  He's the one who does the research on racehorses and tells his father which ones to buy.  Their main criteria is it must be one of the top 3 in that particular class.

Bottom line is that he is spending these millions to set up his son with a stable when he gets all growed up.  Talk about a Nepo Baby. 

They may end up changing trainers but they will probably be in the business forever unless the kid had ADHD and finds another hobby.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2024, 11:13:50 AM »
You can debate all day, all night long whether Harris was a good # 2, travelling assistant, or whatever. Maybe he was very good at some role, maybe not. Have at it. However, even the best 2nd trainers/assistants, not every one of them had what it took to make it on their own. There can be a big difference between being a # 2 and being a # 1. We can go over case by case and it goes both ways. I don't remember all the details, but I think Harris did "OK" as a # 2 when Casie shipped him horses. He could perhaps follow the roadmap when she designed it and drew it up for him.

However, doing it all on your own requires an entirely new, additional, more skills. Both with babies and racehorses. There was one second trainer years ago who I thought without question had the talent and horsemanship to make it on his own, but I wasn't sure he ever had the financial backing, and other skills to be successful as a # 1 on his own. Managing a horse, campaigning him, managing the stable, the business, communicating with owners, picking spots, developing a campaign for a stakes or young horse, following the plan, and all that. It can be a whole different ball game. That trainer was Ed Howard. Am I biased? Maybe. Because I liked the guy. But that's what I thought. There are more that didn't make it than did.

Jazzman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2024, 11:31:33 AM »
how could you not like the guy comunicating with owners (also known as BS) is a talent in its self probably more important than training ability

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2024, 11:44:32 AM »
Absolutely!  Schmoozing clients is a huge part of the game.  Not many better in my area than Mike Hall!

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2024, 12:24:25 PM »
how could you not like the guy comunicating with owners (also known as BS) is a talent in its self probably more important than training ability

I don't know if he's good or great at it. He's good enough to get this far! LOL.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2024, 12:25:56 PM »
When it comes to schmoozing, selling, managing, an owner......or whatever you want to call it......there was nobody better, nobody ever......than Jerry Silverman.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Thank You Calhoun, Trying to post winners
    September 29, 2024, 12:41:02 PM
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal