Author Topic: SwankToliverA- Buffalo  (Read 1850 times)

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
SwankToliverA- Buffalo
« on: July 17, 2024, 08:09:44 PM »
Swank l had to just copy n paste the text . I can’t figure out how to unload from Email. It’s from 3-30-24 night they canceled. Am not sure if it’s because of the format my lady friend from Buffalo sent it to me in. Pasted in full below

Everyone

This is the sequence of events that unfolded.  These facts have now all been confirmed and I will present them as I learned from my various discussions and interviews.  I do not think any of the parties involved will dispute them.  I cannot remember any time in my many years in the business when I have been more angry.

Let me start by stating that the track was not perfect.  Was if un raceable?  By all accounts -  no.  I have reports from trainers, official starter, judges, and other racing officials that the track was raceable.  IT RAINED.  It is well known that the  DRIVERS DO NOT WANT TO DRIVE IN THE RAIN.  It hits their faces.  Also – the drivers do not like our new rules regarding whipping, and giving up holes.

After the seventh race (or so), Darrin Monti WNYHHA Board member), filling in for Mike in the paddock who was on vacation, called Mike and said the track was good.  He was going home.  He went home.

After speaking with Dave D about the same time, he also said the track was good.  The rain, which was steady throughout the night was consistent.

Immediately after race 9, I received a call from the Presiding Judge who told me we had to cancel.  The drivers will not come out.  It took me 36 hours to get the truth about this call.  It was pansy ass Drue Monti, well known for his trouble making.  Somehow, he represents the WNYHHA.  I don’t know if they pay him a fee for representing the drivers, but I do not think so.  The judges know for years not to take his word on anything, but apparently they forgot this time.

Before calling me, the Presiding Judge called Mike T in SC.  He told the PJ to talk to a couple of drivers other than Monti.  Apparently the PJ called Kevin Cummings and Jim Morill.  I cannot confirm this fact, but according to Mike T it happened.  Here is where it gets a little mixed up.  Mike T told me that Cummings and Morrill basically said that the track was not perfect, but they were willing to go
 on with the rest of the card.  I presume they also told the Presiding Judge the same.  WHY I WAS NOT CALLED BEFORE BEING TOLD THAT THE DRIVERS REFUSED TO COME OUT FOR RACE TEN IS A MYSTERY.  If I was told, I would have confirmed with drivers who we trust, and at a minimum, let the track crew out to fix whatever was bothering them if it was necessary.  I was not given a chance.  Throughout today, I have confirmed that the trainers did not want to cancel, and are a bit angry about it.  Remember the old rule – trainer responsibility.  For this reason, and their lack of participation in the series of events, please read the attached memo of changes instituted today by management.  But I digress.  Everybody got out of here so fast (horsemen, state employees), and of course, left me “holding the bag”.  By the way, that expression comes from 1920s Al Capone years in Chicago when the last man in the speakeasys and betting parlors after a raid had one man remaining who was holding the money.  But I digress.  I was told by multiple people that the trainers are livid, but they do NOTHING.  Why?  It will be their loss when they deal with our change of policies.  I was wondering if just one of them would have the courage to come up and see me and tell the truth.  NOTHING.  So be it.

Drivers, trainers, owners, all put on the blinkers, as if they have no involvement in these happenings.  It took me to “pull teeth” to get to the truth.  Drue Monti (driver) apparently speaks for the WNYHHA.  I don’t get it.  He is a jerk.  Apparently the judges think this is true.  How could they have listened to him, I will never know the answer.  It must be very embarrassing for the WNYHHA and trainers, and drivers colony.

If Mike T were in the paddock, the cancellation would not have happened, but it should not come down to that.  If I were called before the PJ cow tails to the  WNYHHA and Drue Monti, this would have not happened.  All I know is that the racetrack, me, and my s
taff is being criticized to the highest level.

Side fact.

I telephoned BR track consultant Gary Wolfe to come in tomorrow and Wednesday, just to assure everyone that we will always do all we can to have a safe track.  He was also in last week on Monday and Tuesday.  When he left the grounds, he said the track was good.

WHAT A SHAME

Next is the change in policy email.

VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGES - READ CAREFULLY
March 31, 2024
Memo to:
Re:
Trainers and Drivers
Buffalo Raceway Notices
James Mango
COO
Beginning with the draw for Saturday, April 6, winners will move up two classes, and horses finishing second will move up one class unless fitting the original condition.
The slow quarters, and the giving up of holes to drivers caught on the outside, especially in the first quarter of the race must be stopped. This is the first and foremost complaint about our races by on-track patrons and those who are betting on-line. Buffalo Raceway management will begin imposing disciplinary action. Hopefully, the Judges will begin to do the same.
In April, we look forward to putting our "best foot forward". We need to be and look more professional such as during Post Parades and our overall on-track presence. We invested over 200,000 dollars on an HD video system. On a racing day last week, one driver drove his horse around in a circle, "poking fun" at our track.
Use of the whips during a race has improved, but for the last two race days, it has started to become "chippy". We issued four driving violations on Saturday night. Heed the warnings.
Starting on Wednesday, April 3, security has been instructed to check EVERY BADGE UPON YOU ENTERING THE STABLE AREA. If you do not have your badge, you will be instructed to exit and return to the track when you have it on your person. Do not complain to security. Give your complaints to me or Jon Cramer.
The April racing series has been cancelled.
Management will no longer approve any payments from the purse account to race participants

talkstohisself

• Top Claimer
Re: SwankToliverA- Buffalo
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2024, 06:26:34 PM »
that was the biggest BS story I ever read.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2024, 06:35:47 PM »
Unfortunately it’s not BS. A lady friend of mine who there sent them to me in and email but I can’t copy the file from my email so I copied n pasted them instead
« Last Edit: July 18, 2024, 06:40:21 PM by White Rabbit »

Raging pace

• 4 claimer
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2024, 07:40:18 PM »
Buffalo raceway is a complete shithole ! Period ! Mango is a little hitler, his way or no way, if you piss him off or look at him the wrong way , your horse won’t race. Same trainers every year get positives, clouser, McDonough, Sam smith, bratt, Dave McNeight jr, kiblin, Jen Giuliani, all cheating crooks. They get caught , put horse in someone else’s name, get a slap on the wrist and right back at the same bullshit in no time. You got Paige usiak giving picks and believe she still has a race horse or two. Huge conflict of interest. She was dating trainer Jim clouser , don’t know if she still does or not but how do you give your race picks with your boyfriends horse in the race. Don’t tell she doesn’t know if the his horse is lame, juiced or what. Track crew has no idea on how to maintain a racetrack. Little snow they cancel, little rain they cancel. Other tracks race all night in the rain , not Buffalo raceway. Mango, agosti, usiak and track crew all need to be relieved of their duties at end of meet.

getreal

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2024, 08:58:37 PM »
I agree with everything you say but it wont happen, Mango brokered a deal with Donny boy Hoover to get Agosti in at the Friendly Track. The Downs is so Naive to their doings. Torcello/Agosti do what they want to do. The way Agosti talks to some of our guys is ridiculous. He forgets where he came from. Griff would be disappointed. Hoover didn't know what he was doing, time passed him by. The girl in the office bailed him out from what I was told then Agosit gets the spot and dumps on the girl. Won't be long and he will hire the wife to join him. The Mango man with the sweater vest will never change. I'm sure he's kiting checks somewhere. God bless our horsemen

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2024, 09:14:08 PM »
I agree with everything you say but it wont happen, Mango brokered a deal with Donny boy Hoover to get Agosti in at the Friendly Track. The Downs is so Naive to their doings. Torcello/Agosti do what they want to do. The way Agosti talks to some of our guys is ridiculous. He forgets where he came from. Griff would be disappointed. Hoover didn't know what he was doing, time passed him by. The girl in the office bailed him out from what I was told then Agosit gets the spot and dumps on the girl. Won't be long and he will hire the wife to join him. The Mango man with the sweater vest will never change. I'm sure he's kiting checks somewhere. God bless our horsemen

So Mango will be running Batavia Downs behind the scenes?

SwankToliverA

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2024, 12:15:17 PM »
Buffalo raceway is a complete shithole ! Period ! Mango is a little hitler, his way or no way, if you piss him off or look at him the wrong way , your horse won’t race. Same trainers every year get positives, clouser, McDonough, Sam smith, bratt, Dave McNeight jr, kiblin, Jen Giuliani, all cheating crooks. They get caught , put horse in someone else’s name, get a slap on the wrist and right back at the same bullshit in no time. You got Paige usiak giving picks and believe she still has a race horse or two. Huge conflict of interest. She was dating trainer Jim clouser , don’t know if she still does or not but how do you give your race picks with your boyfriends horse in the race. Don’t tell she doesn’t know if the his horse is lame, juiced or what. Track crew has no idea on how to maintain a racetrack. Little snow they cancel, little rain they cancel. Other tracks race all night in the rain , not Buffalo raceway. Mango, agosti, usiak and track crew all need to be relieved of their duties at end of meet.

You're not wrong. Paige is not a good handicapped, not in the slightest. And I do believe that she and Clouser are still together, at least they were last I heard.

SwankToliverA

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2024, 12:16:35 PM »
So Mango will be running Batavia Downs behind the scenes?

Oh God, I certainly hope not.

SwankToliverA

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2024, 12:20:29 PM »
White Rabbit, none of that is surprising to me.
The track surface has issues that need to be resolved, and should have been several years ago.

Their new whipping rule, I hear is why Chindano and Denny have been booted from Buffalo, recently.

Thank you for sharing Rabbit.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2024, 01:15:22 PM »
My same lady friend who sent me the text and email, said Mango suspended Joey C for the last 3 days of the meet. She said that Mango lets Cummings one hand and does nothing about it. But she said he hates Joey, but not as much as Drue M

SwankToliverA

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2024, 01:47:30 PM »
My same lady friend who sent me the text and email, said Mango suspended Joey C for the last 3 days of the meet. She said that Mango lets Cummings one hand and does nothing about it. But she said he hates Joey, but not as much as Drue M

Chindano had become a bit dangerous, with some of his drives.
As for Kevin, he can get away with a tad more than others can.

jupiter

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2024, 03:22:54 PM »
WNYHHA was great years ago, Great pension plan, insurance etc. Jerry Hauck, Lester Snyder, Carl Myers etc. Any problem, they could actually deal with the mgmt. Great circuit, Batavia / Spring, Hamburg / Summer, Batavia / Fall, and Winter, where ever you wanted to go. NY, Chicago, Quad City, Fla, NC or stick around the area plenty of places to go. Some of the best drivers in the world came through there, HOF. Not for a long time Bentley, Tubin (he came in as an owner for Welch) once they got power they only took care of their own.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2024, 06:08:50 PM »
Chindano had become a bit dangerous, with some of his drives.
As for Kevin, he can get away with a tad more than others can.
She also told me Mango got appointment to the fair board. How do you put someone that puts out such statements,

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Papillon: changing diapers together
    September 05, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
  • Minjae: Where are Jen Bongiorno and the white knight?
    September 05, 2024, 12:28:36 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Sure was a gift, Dougie. I was happy to see him race, and win
    August 31, 2024, 04:11:00 PM
  • dougie: 2-1 0n Charlie May was a gift!!!!!
    August 31, 2024, 11:49:19 AM
  • Demples: Binkley
    August 29, 2024, 05:42:52 AM
  • Albatross77: I hope he goes down fucking hard!!
    August 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: You better pray good boy!
    August 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM
  • Mazola: He said take my hand and together we will beat it. What a perv
    August 24, 2024, 07:32:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal